ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanz5656

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks lemar
Ya it's grade 5 b1

satif-uk
Newly Registered

Post by satif-uk » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:50 am

Hi
Is there anyone share their experience to apply 10 years long residency application after withdraw appeal how long HO take to these kind of application

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:52 am

hello all pls help,
i received my sar today as i just requested for visa application records and they send me a bundle of my previous application forms but its not telling any gap or overstaying period as i had a problem once as my application was returned incorrectly invalid,then was refused but after pre action protocol they reversed the decision.All documents are there but it does not clarify any gap or overstaying period.what should i do now? should i send another request by ticking all data held by ukba or if nothing mentioned on the papers case files then its ok.

looking forward to hear soon.thanks

ecoman
Newly Registered

Post by ecoman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 am

salam brother shahfurqan ,
its always a good idea to request all data. you can send them another letter to request so.
more importantly if there was an issue with your application's validity then DO mention it in covering letter with your application. give caseworker a complete understanding of what had happened and that your continues residence was not broken due to this issue.

DO NOT just assume that caseworker knows all the relevant laws and procedures. Caseworker finds it easy to refuse for petty reasons and leave to applicant to find out relevant law and challenge it.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:10 am

ecoman wrote:salam brother shahfurqan ,
its always a good idea to request all data. you can send them another letter to request so.
more importantly if there was an issue with your application's validity then DO mention it in covering letter with your application. give caseworker a complete understanding of what had happened and that your continues residence was not broken due to this issue.

DO NOT just assume that caseworker knows all the relevant laws and procedures. Caseworker finds it easy to refuse for petty reasons and leave to applicant to find out relevant law and challenge it.
thank you very much dear for your kind reply as i would request another subject access request which will possibly indicate the true picture but once my legal advisor told me that when the ukba overturn/reverse their refusal then the first application will be treated but i still got doubts as you pointed out correctly about the case workers as just to save their one fage time,they could play with applicant career
thanks.

Varsha8042
Newly Registered

Post by Varsha8042 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:47 am

Hi,
For all the members who are in pursuit of 2 years visa for their suppose under the old rule rather then 5 year 2.5 each as per new rules, I closely followed this forum all the way before booking a PEO appointment was last week Tuesday (Same day service at Cryodon for FLRM trying to obtain and was quite confident and sure because several members on this forum share their experience of obtaing 2 years rather then 2.5.

But I was totally & utterly wrong and was extremely disappointed by the fact that members either try to provide wrong information or they were lucky enough as it might be in their case that the case worker was not fully or completely aware of the rules in place, any how in my case the case worker was fully aware of the rules and followed exactly what he was trained to do so.

Me & husband had decided not to discuss any rules with any one but did fill Finicial Requirement Section 7B as it is mention on form if an applicant is in UK before July 2012 don't need to fill 7A.

The officer start entering our case into system by checking Appliction , every thing was smooth until the officer pointed out to us that we have wrongly filled Section 7B and that from 06-04-14 every applicant has to fill 7A other wise the appliction will be consider as invalid, at this point I try to explain that I came to UK in 2009 & come under old rules July 2012 rules but all in vain as the officer said that he can not validate the appliction form unless we fill 7A we told officer we don't have other form he replied that he will give us a print out of the specific pages required and we have to fill 7A as our appliction will be consider under the new rules started from 06 April 14 .

At this point we taught we should point out 2 year visa as we'll rather then getting 2.5 , we did that but all in vain answer was the same under new rule, under new rule, under new rule :( :( applicable from 06 April 14.

Firstly me & my husband got very disappointed we wanted to see the case worker and explain the 2 year rule and that I came to UK as PBS dependent of my husband in 2009 therefore my appliction should be consider under old rules and 2 years visa should be issued but our request to see the case worker was not accepted and we were told that if it's required we will be called other wise the application will be process by the case worker.

All our efforts were useless as we filled section 7A and after entering our case and biometric our application was approved for 2.5 years visa.

We received our biometric card yesterday :( our last hope as we taught home office might issue 2 years card rather then 2.5 as mention by some member were they had 2.5 years letter followed by 2 years biometric card and vice versa , but we were living in illusion as we received biometric card with 2.5 visa.

Any ways best of luck to all for the next painfull & stressful trying & testing 5 Years :( :( :(

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:14 am

Dear Members

You have always been very helpful. I am just a bit concerned. I am applying on the basis of 10 year long residence. My entries and exits are as follows:

Exit...............Entry.............Days
30/08/2005___11/09/2005____12
23/01/2006___04/03/2006____40
28/11/2007___08/01/2008____41
13/12/2011___23/12/2011____10
12/04/2013___04/05/2013____22

Total 125 days

What is the allowable exit period in one go and do I just send my MSc. Degree + KOL Test + Passports covering 10 years?

I have bank statements but they are overdrawn and I can provide almost all P60s.

Lastly, should I request SAR from Home Office?

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 am

jigars143 wrote:Dear Members

You have always been very helpful. I am just a bit concerned. I am applying on the basis of 10 year long residence. My entries and exits are as follows:

Total 125 days

What is the allowable exit period in one go and do I just send my MSc. Degree + KOL Test + Passports covering 10 years?

I have bank statements but they are overdrawn and I can provide almost all P60s.

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel
According to UKVI guidance, only count complete 24 hour days you have been away from the UK. e.g:

30/08/2005___11/09/2005____11

All your absences are well within the limit for SET (LR) it seems. You can out for a total of 540 days in 10 years with any single leave not extending beyond 180 days in a calendar year.

SAR is for your own personal satisfaction, not a requirement for ILR.

When are you thinking of applying?

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 am

vimi wrote:@spactatus

Thank you again. To answer your questions, she is born in seychelles, she is 17 yrs old and right now she is on dependant visa as i was on student before i get my ILR. her visa will expire in November. So as i got my ILR i thought she can get it automatically being a minor.
[/quote]

Could anyone help me here, is it advisable to call the home office to ask which form to use as im really confused :(

W0rried
Newly Registered

Post by W0rried » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:03 am

God willing the cabinet reshuffle cause more delay to speed it up. Could do it it couldn't it. Could it? Prayers for today

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 am

vimi wrote:

Thank you again. To answer your questions, she is born in seychelles, she is 17 yrs old and right now she is on dependant visa as i was on student before i get my ILR. her visa will expire in November. So as i got my ILR i thought she can get it automatically being a minor.

Could anyone help me here, is it advisable to call the home office to ask which form to use as im really confused :([/quote]

There is no harm ringing them and asking the update with regards to the application. But if you want to expedite your application then they need some kind of constructive prove..

Best regards

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 am

hassan5805 wrote:
vimi wrote:

Could anyone help me here, is it advisable to call the home office to ask which form to use as im really confused :(
There is no harm ringing them and asking the update with regards to the application. But if you want to expedite your application then they need some kind of constructive prove..

Best regards[/quote]

Thank you Hassan for your reply.

I did call them but they didnt mentioned which form to use. she told me they dont give such advise..

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:41 am

[/quote]

Hello vimi,
Could you please give us her full UK visa history to enable us advise you accordingly. Please provide us with specific dates
1) when she got her 1st UK visa
2) what year did she enter the UK and what Kind of VISA?
3) her exit and entry dates in the UK.
4) how long has she been on your dependent visa?
So from the information you have given us it appears she will need to apply using form FLR(M) as she is your dependent in your previous student visa and now you are on 10 years Long residency visa. So my understanding is that she will first need to convert from being a student visa dependent to ILR dependent since she was not born in the United Kingdom then after which you will now need to figure out how to apply for her ILR.
But first provide us with the above answers.
Thanks
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Total 125 days

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel
Hello Nabeel,
You do not have to submit bank statements as this is not a requirement for 10 years long residency ILR (LR) application.
This is the list of documents that goes with SET (LR) application form.
1) All your previous passports containing all your previous Visas +BRP if you have any.
2) Your UK MSc certificate will be ok (this represents your English language test certificate)
3) Life in the UK test pass certificate
4) photo copies of all pages of all your passports.
5) Filled application form SET ( LR ).
6) your two recent passport photos with your name and date of birth written at the back.

Your days of absence in the UK is within the recommended days so don't worry about that.
Hope this helps

gondal777
Newly Registered

Post by gondal777 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Spatacus wrote:

Total 125 days

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel
Hello Nabeel,
You do not have to submit bank statements as this is not a requirement for 10 years long residency ILR (LR) application.
1) All your previous passports containing all your previous Visas +BRP if you have any.
2) Your UK MSc certificate will be ok (this represents your English language test certificate)
6) your two recent passport photos with your name and date of birth written at the back.

Your days of absence in the UK is within the recommended days so don't worry about that.
Hope this helps
applies 10th of march 2014 but still waiting..

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Hello vimi,
Could you please give us her full UK visa history to enable us advise you accordingly. Please provide us with specific dates
So from the information you have given us it appears she will need to apply using form FLR(M) as she is your dependent in your previous student visa and now you are on 10 years Long residency visa. So my understanding is that she will first need to convert from being a student visa dependent to ILR dependent since she was not born in the United Kingdom then after which you will now need to figure out how to apply for her ILR.
Thanks[/quote]

Hello again

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The answers to your questions:
1. she got visa in Dec 2004
2. She came in Dec 2004 and on student dependant.
3. she spent not more than 3 weeks back home on 3 occasions.
4. she has been on student visa since december 2004.

Thanx

raihankhandaker
Newly Registered

Post by raihankhandaker » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi guys,
Need some help. I got my ilr last month. I will apply for my mrs flr m soon. Just want to ask you guys, she is pbs dependent last renew before 9th july 2012. So does she need to meet the financial requirement or not.

If yes why in the application form they said of you are a partner of pre july 2012 just fill the maintaince.

Please reply. Thanks

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:27 pm

vimi wrote:Hello vimi,
Thanks
Hello again

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The answers to your questions:
1. she got visa in Dec 2004
2. She came in Dec 2004 and on student dependant.
3. she spent not more than 3 weeks back home on 3 occasions.
4. she has been on student visa since december 2004.

Thanx[/quote]

Hello vimi,
Thats ok since she was here on a student dependent since Dec 2004 and her visa is expiring in November 2014 I believe she will be able to apply for 10 years ILR on form SET ( LR ) 28 days before she completes her 10th year in December. However if you don't mind telling us what dates her visa is expiring in November 2014 and what date she entered the UK that way we can calculate it and know if she can use the 28 days concession.
As I mentioned before in my previous posts you really need to start providing specific dates please.
1) what date in December 2004 did she enter the UK?
2) What date is her current visa expiring in November 2014?

However she will have to apply first with FLR M now because her current visa will be invalid after 28 days from you getting your ILR. She needs to convert her current visa status from being a student dependent to dependent of ILR using application form FLR M. Then she will be qualified to apply her ILR using form SET ( LR ) by November this year.This is because she ws not born in the UK.
Hope this helps

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanx[/quote]

Hello vimi,
Thats ok since she was here on a student dependent since Dec 2004 and her visa is expiring in November 2014 I believe she will be able to apply for 10 years ILR on form SET ( LR ) 28 days before she completes her 10th year in December. However if you don't mind telling us what dates her visa is expiring in November 2014 and what date she entered the UK that way we can calculate it and know if she can use the 28 days concession.
As I mentioned before in my previous posts you really need to start providing specific dates please.

However she will have to apply first with FLR M now because her current visa will be invalid after 28 days from you getting your ILR. She needs to convert her current visa status from being a student dependent to dependent of ILR using application form FLR M. Then she will be qualified to apply her ILR using form SET ( LR ) by November this year.This is because she ws not born in the UK.
Hope this helps[/quote]

She came on december 8 2004 and her visa expiring on 28 october 2014. sorry was a mistake i wrote november.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 pm

vimi wrote:Thanx
Hello vimi,

However she will have to apply first with FLR M now because her current visa will be invalid after 28 days from you getting your ILR. She needs to convert her current visa status from being a student dependent to dependent of ILR using application form FLR M. Then she will be qualified to apply her ILR using form SET ( LR ) by November this year.This is because she was not born in the UK.
Hope this helps[/quote]

She came on december 8 2004 and her visa expiring on 28 october 2014. sorry was a mistake i wrote november.[/quote]

Hi Vimi,
Ok thats fine. if she came in to the UK on 8th of December 2004 and her current Visa is expiring on the 28th of October 2014.

The good news is she will qualify for her SET (LR) on the 11th of November 2014 (28-days before completing her 10th year)

Alternatively;

Option (b1)....... she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(LR) on the 11th of November 2014.

OR

Option (b2)........ she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(M) immediately after if she has been your dependent since (Before) 9th July 2012.

She cannot apply for British Registration using form MN1 because she was not born in the UK.

hope this clarifies your confusion.
Last edited by Spatacus on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:02 pm

vimi wrote:Thanx
Hello vimi,

Hope this helps[/quote]

She came on december 8 2004 and her visa expiring on 28 october 2014. sorry was a mistake i wrote november.[/quote]

Hi Vimi,
Ok thats fine. if she came in to the UK on 8th of December 2004 and her current Visa is expiring on the 28th of October 2014.

The good news is she will qualify for her SET (LR) on the 11th of November 2014 (28-days before completing her 10th year)

Alternatively;

Option (b1)....... she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(LR) on the 11th of November 2014.

OR

Option (b2)........ she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(M) immediately after if she has been your dependent since (Before) 9th July 2012.

She cannot apply for British Registration using form MN1 because she was not born in the UK.

hope this clarifies your confusion.
Last edited by Spatacus on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:20 pm

raihankhandaker wrote:Hi guys,
Need some help. I got my ilr last month. I will apply for my mrs flr m soon. Just want to ask you guys, she is pbs dependent last renew before 9th july 2012. So does she need to meet the financial requirement or not.

If yes why in the application form they said of you are a partner of pre july 2012 just fill the maintaince.

Please reply. Thanks
Hello raihankhandaker,

If she renewed before 9th July 2012, then she doesn't need to fulfil or meet the financial requirement (SECTION 7A). She is ONLY required to fill SECTION 7B (Maintenance).

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 pm

[quote="fielddrive"][quote="jigars143"]Dear Members

Total 125 days

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel[/quote]

According to UKVI guidance, only count complete 24 hour days you have been away from the UK. e.g:

30/08/2005___11/09/2005____11

All your absences are well within the limit for SET (LR) it seems. You can out for a total of 540 days in 10 years with any single leave not extending beyond 180 days in a calendar year.

SAR is for your own personal satisfaction, not a requirement for ILR.

When are you thinking of applying?[/quote]

Thank you for your reply Fielddrive. I am applying next month on the 11th of August. Though I still need to pass my KOL Test. :(

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 pm

[/quote][quote="Spatacus"][quote="jigars143"]Dear Members

Total 125 days

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel[/quote]

Hello Nabeel,

Hope this helps[/quote]

[quote]Thank you Spatacus for your quick response and valuable feedback. I was just concerned that my bank statement is overdrawn and would that affect in any respect. Should I send letter of employment with my application and/or any payslips?[/quote]

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:16 pm

hello guys pls help a bit.

In 10 years long residence a month is classed as a 30 calendar days and 18 months which comes equal to 540 days.now if we take this into account then if a person leaves uk on 25th of february(29 days month) and come back on 10th of march,then how many days technically he has spent out side,

a)=15
b)=13
c)=14