ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stopping benefits and need Advice

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jakfzs77

Stopping benefits and need Advice

Post by jakfzs77 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:15 pm

Dear Alls,

I am really confused could you please help me regarding my SPOUSE VISA CASE.

Back ground

I am working as self employment from April 13. I got married 3 month ago and had fanalize my tax return for year 13-14. I also stop benefits (Housing & Working tax Credit) but one of my friend told me.

'' Your spouse visa will be rejected on the bases of that you have just recently stop the benefits.He said its good if you wait 3 or even 6 months before considering spouse case.''

I am really disappoint is any clarity you can give on such issue.

One of my other friend said coz I was out of the country for March 14 - June 14 to get married. So his is take is that I can contact housing and tell them that I want to stop my benefits with them from March or april.

I forogt to mention one more thing , when I stop my working tax credit I got letter from Working tax credit saying I have to pay them back £395 for (April 14 to till now).

So what shall I do now , pay them and ask them to stop my benefits from April ?

Shall I do same with Housing benefits?

or I have to wait for 6 month now

pls help ...so sorry for long letter.

regards
jak