ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) on recently obtained ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arpradha
Newly Registered

FLR (M) on recently obtained ILR

Post by arpradha » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi All,

I will be eligible for ILR based on Tier 2 ICT + Tier 1 (G) - 5 year continuous stay in UK on Oct 2014. I am intending to go for this on Oct 2014. I would like to know about my spouse applications.

He was granted Tier 1 G ( Spouse) on May 2013 and he come to UK on July 2013. Now he is not qualifying for ILR with me as he didn't spend 5 years with me using Tier 1 G ( Spouse) Visa. He will complete his 5 years stay on July 2018. So what are the options for him to extend his stay and Future ILR?

1) Should he go for PBS dependent and extend his stay again ?
2) Should he apply for FLR(M) after i obtain the ILR ? if yes within how many days should he apply for FLR (M)?
3)Will he ever able to get ILR ? As no more ILR will be granted after 5th of april 2018.
Waiting for the response

Kind Regards
Arathi

vinny

Re: FLR (M) on recently obtained ILR

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:42 am

1. Yes.
2. Not necessary.
3. At the completion of 5 years. Your Link is not applicable to dependants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arpradha
Newly Registered

Post by arpradha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Thanks Vinny for providing very useful information :)

arpradha
Newly Registered

Post by arpradha » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:11 am

Hi All,

Recently on 23rd Jan my ILR application got approved and received BRP on 27th by Post.
Now i have to extend the stay of my husband . He is in Tier 1( Spouse visa ) from July 2013

Should i go for FLR( M) with application in below link? Is this teh right application
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

Within how many days should i apply for it ?
Please help

Kind Regards

Arathi

arpradha
Newly Registered

Naturalization and FLR(M) Spouse Status after BC

Post by arpradha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:54 am

Hi Experts ,

I am going to complete one year of my ILR on Jan 2016. I am planning to apply naturalization straight after that for BC.

My spouse is on FLR(M) which is currently valid until Nov 2017 . He is got this via Tier(1) spouse visa and come to UK on July 2013.So He will be completing his 5 years stay in UK on July 2018.So he may have to apply for another extension to complete 5 years.

Now I am confused
1) What will be his status when I will get my naturalization and BC ? Because as main applicant i will be no more in ILR status ? Currently his visa says "SPOUSE/PARTNER LEAVE to REMAIN".

2)Does he has to apply any new application as BC spouse ? If yes What is that?

Regards
Arati

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization and FLR(M) Spouse Status after BC

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:09 am

My spouse is on FLR(M) which is currently valid until Nov 2017 . He is got this via Tier(1) spouse visa and come to UK on July 2013
You need to clarify what visa he is one. He cannot hold FLR(M) and Tier 1 spouse at the same time. They are two different visa categories.

If you meant he had Tier 1 spouse and switched to FLR(M), can you give the dates that his FLR(M) started from.

How did you obtain ILR (5 years residence or 10 years long residence)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arpradha
Newly Registered

Post by arpradha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:24 am

Hi

I mean he had Tier 1 spouse and switched to FLR(M) and Currently he is holding FLR(M) from 6/May/2015 valid until 6/Nov/2017.

I had Tier 1 (G) from and obtained ILR (5 year route) on Jan 2015.

Regards
Arati

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:35 am

He will qualify for SET(M) from Wednesday, 8 April 2020. So, he will require another 30 month FLR(M) extension shortly before his current leave expires.

Your naturalisation will have no affect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:40 am

arpradha wrote:Hi

I mean he had Tier 1 spouse and switched to FLR(M) and Currently he is holding FLR(M) from 6/May/2015 valid until 6/Nov/2017.

I had Tier 1 (G) from and obtained ILR (5 year route) on Jan 2015.

Regards
Arati
He could have stayed on Tier 1 Dependent and he would have qualified for ILR in 2018. There was no need to switch to FLR(M) which reset his ILR qualifying clock to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arpradha
Newly Registered

Post by arpradha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:51 am

Thank you both for the quick reply .
He has already shifted to FLR(M) on 6th May 2015. So he can still keep the same status and obtained 30 months extension again and i can go for Naturalization .

Kind Regards
Arati