ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:26 am

jigars143 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
jigars143 wrote:Dear Members

You have always been very helpful. I am just a bit concerned. I am applying on the basis of 10 year long residence. My entries and exits are as follows:

Exit...............Entry.............Days
30/08/2005___11/09/2005____12
23/01/2006___04/03/2006____40
28/11/2007___08/01/2008____41
13/12/2011___23/12/2011____10
12/04/2013___04/05/2013____22

Total 125 days

What is the allowable exit period in one go and do I just send my MSc. Degree + KOL Test + Passports covering 10 years?

I have bank statements but they are overdrawn and I can provide almost all P60s.

Lastly, should I request SAR from Home Office?

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel
Hello Nabeel,
You do not have to submit bank statements as this is not a requirement for 10 years long residency ILR (LR) application.
This is the list of documents that goes with SET (LR) application form.
1) All your previous passports containing all your previous Visas +BRP if you have any.
2) Your UK MSc certificate will be ok (this represents your English language test certificate)
3) Life in the UK test pass certificate
4) photo copies of all pages of all your passports.
5) Filled application form SET ( LR ).
6) your two recent passport photos with your name and date of birth written at the back.

Your days of absence in the UK is within the recommended days so don't worry about that.
Hope this helps
Thank you Spatacus for your quick response and valuable feedback. I was just concerned that my bank statement is overdrawn and would that affect in any respect. Should I send letter of employment with my application and/or any payslips?
[/quote]

Hi please read my previous post. Docs to sent has been itemised.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

tryagain3
Newly Registered

Post by tryagain3 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:19 am

gondal777 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
jigars143 wrote:Dear Members

You have always been very helpful. I am just a bit concerned. I am applying on the basis of 10 year long residence. My entries and exits are as follows:

Exit...............Entry.............Days
30/08/2005___11/09/2005____12
23/01/2006___04/03/2006____40
28/11/2007___08/01/2008____41
13/12/2011___23/12/2011____10
12/04/2013___04/05/2013____22

Total 125 days

What is the allowable exit period in one go and do I just send my MSc. Degree + KOL Test + Passports covering 10 years?

I have bank statements but they are overdrawn and I can provide almost all P60s.

Lastly, should I request SAR from Home Office?

Please advise.

Thank you so much
Nabeel
Hello Nabeel,
You do not have to submit bank statements as this is not a requirement for 10 years long residency ILR (LR) application.
This is the list of documents that goes with SET (LR) application form.
1) All your previous passports containing all your previous Visas +BRP if you have any.
2) Your UK MSc certificate will be ok (this represents your English language test certificate)
3) Life in the UK test pass certificate
4) photo copies of all pages of all your passports.
5) Filled application form SET ( LR ).
6) your two recent passport photos with your name and date of birth written at the back.

Your days of absence in the UK is within the recommended days so don't worry about that.
Hope this helps
applies 10th of march 2014 but still waiting..
You should get it in few days hopefully

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:27 am

hi all,

i received my SAR from ukba on 16/07/14 but the information i wanted was not included as i only request for visa application records and they sent me a bundle of photocopies.on the very next day 17/07/14 i applied for another SAR with £10 cheque and ticked the box All data held by ukba,the question i want to ask is that will they comply with my second request like the first one or will hand the case to a senior case worker and he will start investigation as the second request could be treated as identical to the first one.

pls help,thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:11 am

jigars143 wrote:
Thank you for your reply Fielddrive. I am applying next month on the 11th of August. Though I still need to pass my KOL Test. :(
Good luck buddy ... I am looking to apply towards the end of Aug myself

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:28 am

Spatacus wrote:
raihankhandaker wrote:Hi guys,
Need some help. I got my ilr last month. I will apply for my mrs flr m soon. Just want to ask you guys, she is pbs dependent last renew before 9th july 2012. So does she need to meet the financial requirement or not.

If yes why in the application form they said of you are a partner of pre july 2012 just fill the maintaince.

Please reply. Thanks
Hello raihankhandaker,

If she renewed before 9th July 2012, then she doesn't need to fulfil or meet the financial requirement (SECTION 7A). She is ONLY required to fill SECTION 7B (Maintenance).

Hi,
Im not agree with Spatacus because I'm in the same situation but waiting for my ILR then I have to apply for my wife and need to meet financial requirements. She has been here since 2007.
If you ring home office they will tell you the same because PARTNER in their interpretation is different from Dependent.
you can ring home office and ask them because I called them 4 times and asked different people but received the same answer.
also make sure you submit her application within 28 days of receiving your ILR as her current visa is not valid any more and her status changed at the moment.

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 am

Varsha8042 wrote:Hi,
For all the members who are in pursuit of 2 years visa for their suppose under the old rule rather then 5 year 2.5 each as per new rules, I closely followed this forum all the way before booking a PEO appointment was last week Tuesday (Same day service at Cryodon for FLRM trying to obtain and was quite confident and sure because several members on this forum share their experience of obtaing 2 years rather then 2.5.

But I was totally & utterly wrong and was extremely disappointed by the fact that members either try to provide wrong information or they were lucky enough as it might be in their case that the case worker was not fully or completely aware of the rules in place, any how in my case the case worker was fully aware of the rules and followed exactly what he was trained to do so.

Me & husband had decided not to discuss any rules with any one but did fill Finicial Requirement Section 7B as it is mention on form if an applicant is in UK before July 2012 don't need to fill 7A.

The officer start entering our case into system by checking Appliction , every thing was smooth until the officer pointed out to us that we have wrongly filled Section 7B and that from 06-04-14 every applicant has to fill 7A other wise the appliction will be consider as invalid, at this point I try to explain that I came to UK in 2009 & come under old rules July 2012 rules but all in vain as the officer said that he can not validate the appliction form unless we fill 7A we told officer we don't have other form he replied that he will give us a print out of the specific pages required and we have to fill 7A as our appliction will be consider under the new rules started from 06 April 14 .

At this point we taught we should point out 2 year visa as we'll rather then getting 2.5 , we did that but all in vain answer was the same under new rule, under new rule, under new rule :( :( applicable from 06 April 14.

Firstly me & my husband got very disappointed we wanted to see the case worker and explain the 2 year rule and that I came to UK as PBS dependent of my husband in 2009 therefore my appliction should be consider under old rules and 2 years visa should be issued but our request to see the case worker was not accepted and we were told that if it's required we will be called other wise the application will be process by the case worker.

All our efforts were useless as we filled section 7A and after entering our case and biometric our application was approved for 2.5 years visa.

We received our biometric card yesterday :( our last hope as we taught home office might issue 2 years card rather then 2.5 as mention by some member were they had 2.5 years letter followed by 2 years biometric card and vice versa , but we were living in illusion as we received biometric card with 2.5 visa.

Any ways best of luck to all for the next painfull & stressful trying & testing 5 Years :( :( :(
Dear Varsha,
Many thanks for sharing your valuable experience with us.
Guys, this post is so important for whoever wants to apply the Flrm for his/her dependent.
Just a quick question: Can you apply the ILR after receiving this 2.5 years visa or you have to wait for 5 years?

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

2nd subject access request

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:30 am

hi all,

i received my SAR from ukba on 16/07/14 but the information i wanted was not included as i only request for visa application records and they sent me a bundle of photocopies.on the very next day 17/07/14 i applied for another SAR with £10 cheque and ticked the box All data held by ukba,the question i want to ask is that will they comply with my second request like the first one or will hand the case to a senior case worker and he will start investigation as the second request could be treated as identical to the first one.

pls help,thanks

vimi

Post by vimi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 am

Spatacus wrote:
vimi wrote:Thanx
Hello vimi,
Thats ok since she was here on a student dependent since Dec 2004 and her visa is expiring in November 2014 I believe she will be able to apply for 10 years ILR on form SET ( LR ) 28 days before she completes her 10th year in December. However if you don't mind telling us what dates her visa is expiring in November 2014 and what date she entered the UK that way we can calculate it and know if she can use the 28 days concession.
As I mentioned before in my previous posts you really need to start providing specific dates please.
1) what date in December 2004 did she enter the UK?
2) What date is her current visa expiring in November 2014?

However she will have to apply first with FLR M now because her current visa will be invalid after 28 days from you getting your ILR. She needs to convert her current visa status from being a student dependent to dependent of ILR using application form FLR M. Then she will be qualified to apply her ILR using form SET ( LR ) by November this year.This is because she ws not born in the UK.
Hope this helps

She came on december 8 2004 and her visa expiring on 28 october 2014. sorry was a mistake i wrote november.[/quote]

Hi Vimi,
Ok thats fine. if she came in to the UK on 8th of December 2004 and her current Visa is expiring on the 28th of October 2014.

The good news is she will qualify for her SET (LR) on the 11th of November 2014 (28-days before completing her 10th year)

Alternatively;

Option (b1)....... she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(LR) on the 11th of November 2014.

OR

Option (b2)........ she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(M) immediately after if she has been your dependent since (Before) 9th July 2012.

She cannot apply for British Registration using form MN1 because she was not born in the UK.

hope this clarifies your confusion.[/quote]

@Spactacus

Thank u very much for all the clarification so far. one last question. does that mean i have to pay the fees for flr m and again set m !!!

ashoknairs
Newly Registered

Post by ashoknairs » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Any update on March Applications ???? anyone received the approval letter ??? Please update...

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi Vimi,

I don't think your daughter could apply for SET(M) following FLR(M). The rules are changed since 06th April 2014. It means all SET(LR) dependents applying for FLR(M) have to wait for 5 years for settlement.

BUT as your daughter would complete 10 years in December, that would be the best and only option to go for the settlement route.

You will have to pay fee twice. Once for FLR(M) now and for ILR(LR) later in December.
vimi wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
vimi wrote:Thanx
Hello vimi,
Thats ok since she was here on a student dependent since Dec 2004 and her visa is expiring in November 2014 I believe she will be able to apply for 10 years ILR on form SET ( LR ) 28 days before she completes her 10th year in December. However if you don't mind telling us what dates her visa is expiring in November 2014 and what date she entered the UK that way we can calculate it and know if she can use the 28 days concession.
As I mentioned before in my previous posts you really need to start providing specific dates please.
1) what date in December 2004 did she enter the UK?
2) What date is her current visa expiring in November 2014?

However she will have to apply first with FLR M now because her current visa will be invalid after 28 days from you getting your ILR. She needs to convert her current visa status from being a student dependent to dependent of ILR using application form FLR M. Then she will be qualified to apply her ILR using form SET ( LR ) by November this year.This is because she ws not born in the UK.
Hope this helps

She came on december 8 2004 and her visa expiring on 28 october 2014. sorry was a mistake i wrote november.
Hi Vimi,
Ok thats fine. if she came in to the UK on 8th of December 2004 and her current Visa is expiring on the 28th of October 2014.

The good news is she will qualify for her SET (LR) on the 11th of November 2014 (28-days before completing her 10th year)

Alternatively;

Option (b1)....... she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(LR) on the 11th of November 2014.

OR

Option (b2)........ she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(M) immediately after if she has been your dependent since (Before) 9th July 2012.

She cannot apply for British Registration using form MN1 because she was not born in the UK.

hope this clarifies your confusion.[/quote]

@Spactacus

Thank u very much for all the clarification so far. one last question. does that mean i have to pay the fees for flr m and again set m !!![/quote]

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi guys, Gondal on google drive has updated his status and received approval and documents today. He applied 10/03/14. Congratulations and please share your story with us.

Has anyone called HO today, this wait is killing me, why are they taking so long.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Mrs.P wrote:Hi guys, Gondal on google drive has updated his status and received approval and documents today. He applied 10/03/14. Congratulations and please share your story with us.

Has anyone called HO today, this wait is killing me, why are they taking so long.
Congratulations to Gondal.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:42 pm

On a different note, can someone please read this article (See Link )and let me know that it might affect my LR application as I am currently on 3D, I am starting to think that is why our application is being delayed, especially this:
“A279. Paragraphs 398-399D apply to all immigration decisions made further to applications under Part 8 and paragraphs 276A-276D where a decision is made on or after 28 July 2014, irrespective of the date the application was made.”.

Many thanks Gurus/ forum users.

http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ ... e-can.html

gondal777
Newly Registered

Post by gondal777 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 pm

ashoknairs wrote:Any update on March Applications ???? anyone received the approval letter ??? Please update...
thanks to almighty Allah...i got my approvel

gondal777
Newly Registered

Post by gondal777 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

boonbin wrote:I have created the new topic specific for 10 years long residence SET (O) group member. This space provides sharing application under SET (O) timeline. Please all the waiting applicants provide your waiting timeline helps others as a guideline. Thank you very much for sharing.
i applied on 10th of march and recived the documents today 18th july

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:37 pm

gondal777 wrote:
boonbin wrote:I have created the new topic specific for 10 years long residence SET (O) group member. This space provides sharing application under SET (O) timeline. Please all the waiting applicants provide your waiting timeline helps others as a guideline. Thank you very much for sharing.
i applied on 10th of march and recived the documents today 18th july
Congratulations Gondal..

Please keep remember us who are still waiting for the ILR in your prayers.

Best of luck for your future

gondal777
Newly Registered

Post by gondal777 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:57 pm

ashoknairs wrote:Any update on March Applications ???? anyone received the approval letter ??? Please update...
thanks ......Good wishes for people who are waiting

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:35 pm

gondal777 wrote:
thanks ......Good wishes for people who are waiting
Congratulation Bro Enjoy your freedom And please let us know what is the date on the letter.

Regards

tryagain3
Newly Registered

Post by tryagain3 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:18 pm

gondal777 wrote:
Congratulations....i told U yeasterday U should get in few days and U have got it. Enjoy your ilr and eid.... :D

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:50 pm

gondal777 wrote:

Hello gondal777,
A big congratulations to you. Enjoy your freedom. Good luck.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Dear members ,

From the google spreadsheet its seems no one applied in first half of the July 2014 :shock:
or probably potential members don't want to share their timeline :lol: no problem , we respects every one views ,..
spreadsheet is stop on June 2014 application :D .

Did any one ask Home office How many applicants applied in April, May and June ? i Can not find the email address to ask them .....

With Regards ,

Shah

sky1234
Newly Registered

Post by sky1234 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:58 am

hi guys ,
i called home office yesterday lady informed me same answer application is still under process,
home office dealing march application now ,

my time line ,
application date , 9 may 2014
biometric done ,10 June 2014
approval still pending ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:59 am

sky1234 wrote:hi guys ,
i called home office yesterday lady informed me same answer application is still under process,
home office dealing march application now ,

my time line ,
application date , 9 may 2014
biometric done ,10 June 2014
approval still pending ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
did u apply 28 days earlier of your qualifying period of 10 years?????

regard
helostar

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:19 am

Hello successful & in process applicants. Can you guys please tell that when the set (lr) fee is deducted then what beneficiary's name (Home Office/UKBA/UKVI) shows in statement. This is because if someone instruct his bank/credit card company in advance as who will deduct the fee then which name we need to tell them (Home office/UKBA/UKVI).

Malik626
Newly Registered

Post by Malik626 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:09 am

Hi

Can someone help please,

I came in August 2004, my wife joined me in May 2005 and our both kids born here. We have currently tier 2 visa till 2016. And we will complete our 5 years time period on tier 2 in December 2014.

Due to some personal reasons, I want to apply for ILR this month (10 years long residence).

Few queries.

1. What is the best option for my wife visa as I know my kids can apply after my ILR

2. What documents required for my visa, I am not interested to attach my payslips and employer letter etc.

3. If I apply for 10 years visa, is it will be really issue for my wife visa, according to new rules.

Your advice please

Regards.