ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zazam

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Zazam » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:31 am

They said we don't believe u worked throughout pregnancy
My employer will write us a support letter
We've decided to appeal out case is strong we have children it is likely for it to be overturned Inshallah
... Rubbish

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Zazam wrote:They said we don't believe u worked throughout pregnancy
We've decided to appeal out case is strong we have children it is likely for it to be overturned Inshallah
I find it quite absurd they refused you over an assumption that they think you never worked during your pregnancy.
Did they say anything abt your payslips ??
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:12 pm

I am very sorry to hear your bad news, absolutely pathestic reason for refusal. I think it would be best you appeal, but bear in mind it is a lengthy process especially if decision does not get overturned at review.

Can i ask was your application put on hold?
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:04 pm

May Allah swt grant your dad jannah amonst all other muslims. Sister it is heart breaking to have heard your bad news. To others I would suggest a new application but in your case now that you are working less hours, you should appeal. Make sure all your documents are in order and please don't just rely on solicitors, ask for help.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:29 pm

How many payslips did you provide.

What was the lowest payslip amount over the past 6 months up to the application? Were any of your payslips below £1,550?

The above will decide whether an appeal will be successful or not. If the amount was less than £1,550 then unfortunately the chances are slim. They will state minimum income threshold not met, and will not overturn the decision. All other facts will be disregarded. If however, all payslips for 6 months up to the visa application were above £1,550 then you can most definitely appeal and have a chance.

So, the killer question is......

Were any of the payslips below £1,550?

pug23

Post by pug23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:31 pm

For the people who have had there spouse visa given/rejected - were any of you working through agency on a contract basis?

I am working through an agency and wanted to know how many if any have got their visas who dont have permanent work??

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:39 pm

the_silk_route wrote:

What was the lowest payslip amount over the past 6 months up to the application? Were any of your payslips below £1,550?

The above will decide whether an appeal will be successful or not. If the amount was less than £1,550 then unfortunately the chances are slim. They will state minimum income threshold not met, and will not overturn the decision. All other facts will be disregarded. If however, all payslips for 6 months up to the visa application were above £1,550 then you can most definitely appeal and have a chance.

The they were however u are allowed to apply if u have a valid reason for payslips to be low due to time off for baby, or sickness
It's in appendix
... Rubbish

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Zazam wrote:
the_silk_route wrote:

The they were however u are allowed to apply if u have a valid reason for payslips to be low due to time off for baby, or sickness
It's in appendix
:( :( :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So it's another case of the ECO not looking at the rules his own organization have given to him to make decisions. It seems like they are unfairly assessing cases and trying to pick up on the slightest of clauses.

If that's the case then they shouldn't have rejected your case.

However, having said that, in the application, did you submit any information/documentation referencing and referring to the point in the appendix regarding leeway of payslip figures if you are ill/pregnant, and did you give them a reason as to why your payslips were low, by telling them that you're pregnant for example?

Did you submit anything which mentioned something along the lines of:

""Dear ECO, with regards to my payslip for the month of "January" (for example), i would like to take the opportunity to give reasoning as to why my payslip falls below the minimum required threshold of £1,550 and the grounds on which i believe i satisfy the requirements. According to Appendix so and so, it states that there is exceptions for so and so reasons blah blah blah and I clearly fall under this category due to being Pregnant to twins. As a result, you can clearly see that the following clause is satisfied as per the rules and guidelines set out by the Home Office, and therefore this should provide you with sufficient reasoning as to why my payslip was below the threshold. As a result of this, I now meet the financial requirement when taking this into account...........""

I find that sometime one has no option but be to the point to get the clear message across to the ECO who is looking at the case. If you meet the requirements, type out covering letters for any part of the application you think they may have doubt, to properly explain to them how you meet the requirements, point by point, step by step, like one would explain to a 5 year old child. This would make it clear for whoever is assessing the case.

Did you tell them that you were pregnant and working less because you're expecting?

Really feel for you! :cry: :cry: :( :( :(

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Zamzam, sorry to hear that. What the_silk_route has suggested seems a good place to start. If it is written in the guidelines then make them aware of it. Some ECO's seem like they do not have a clue.

I would also appeal.

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:55 pm

I think this was my own stupid mistake I did not write an explanation I just sent Birth certificates and brief mention of children in myiintroduction
I am hoping for an overturn now I've written an explanation and attaching employers letter and anything I can gather hopefully fingers crossed th e ECO will Over turn the decision
Took 7 months lovely
... Rubbish

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:59 pm

the_silk_route wrote:

Is it possible to earn 1550 or more, monthly wth 2 jobs
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:00 pm

See this is what annoys me. They know straight away while looking at documents if you meet the requirements or not. They just take extra time to keep people in the lurch. As then your circumstances can be different (may not be employed, less hours, other issues), so once they reject they possibly hope that you will not re-apply/appeal.

The whole system is a joke. Yet we are helpless to do anything.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:33 pm

phaara wrote:
the_silk_route wrote:

Is it possible to earn 1550 or more, monthly wth 2 jobs
It's perfectly fine to use 2 jobs to meet the requirement. Both jobs have to be genuine, regular payslips, taxed paid, going into a bank account and the most important thing is that the NET payslip amount for the jobs must match that going into the bank.

Employer letters, contracts of employment should also be submitted.

Also, it is advisable to submit a breakdown sheet of monthly earning for each job, in an excel spreadsheet, and add the total GROSS amount paid to you for that month, for all of the 6 months. Make sure your lowest GROSS pay for each job is above £1,550 and write a really simplified explanation. Reiterate the current requirements, and drum it in that you meet the requirement, and your lowest payslip is ABOVE £1550.

At the end, it is important to write:

"As you can clearly see from the above, I have met and exceeded the current financial requirement of £18,600 as per rules so and so."

Make it blunt, make it simple, make it so that a 5 year old kid can read it. However, if you do not meet the requirements, or your situation is unclear and confusing, expect a rejection and a lengthy hold period.

They simply do not have the time to to spend hours finding information and guessing your situation. They will simply tick tick tick tick tick tick all the boxes and if they're happy, you're good to go.

If they're confused or have reason to doubt, or have incorrect information, missing information, unclear reasoning and reason to doubt, they will refuse the case most certainly.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:37 pm

prayforus wrote:See this is what annoys me. They know straight away while looking at documents if you meet the requirements or not. They just take extra time to keep people in the lurch. As then your circumstances can be different (may not be employed, less hours, other issues), so once they reject they possibly hope that you will not re-apply/appeal.

The whole system is a joke. Yet we are helpless to do anything.
I don't think it is case with every eco, some eco do refuse straight away after knowing you don't meet income threshold whilst some take longer to cover all aspects of your application before refusing and some (probably most) eco's are useless. I think things could have turned out different if zamzam had explained the reasoning as suggested by sil_route.

A good explanation letter could possibly make the review officer to overturn their decision.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Zazam wrote:I think this was my own stupid mistake I did not write an explanation I just sent Birth certificates and brief mention of children in myiintroduction
I am hoping for an overturn now I've written an explanation and attaching employers letter and anything I can gather hopefully fingers crossed th e ECO will Over turn the decision
Took 7 months lovely
Zazam please make sure when you write your explanation that your clearly and correctly reference the clause in the appendix. Without referencing, the claims made by you will be ambiguous. Find the booklet, the page number, paragraph and word for word copy the entire text, and correctly reference it, so they can refer back to it.

Then, state your situation, and explain how you qualify for the exception due to expecting twins. Ensure your employer letter states that you were given leave SOLELY and SOLELY ONLY on the basis of your pregnancy. This will further tie into the clause and prove you qualify for the exception. If possible get them to write that once you have recovered and in health, you WILL be resuming full time work as per usual, and will be earning so and so a month going forward.

Please reference the bit of text in the appendix which says you can qualify, and explain throughly.

ECOs and judges unfortunately do no have any sort of crystal ball which enables them to guess situations and read minds. They only have the text written on the paper to give them a picture and to go by on. Build a clear and concise picture which truly reflects upon your situation.

A good explanation letter WILL overturn the decision because it WILL show that you DO qualify for the exception, and that your ARE exempt and as per their OWN criteria, and that you VERY CLEARLY meet all requirements. Again, Zazam please don't rush it lets make sure everything is true, straight and clear.

I can feel a positive outcome. Hold tight in there, it will all work out for you!

All the best! 8) 8)

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Jazakallah for detail reply
Have applied in january
Hope i and everyone get visa soon IA
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Zazam wrote:Hi everyone our Spouse Visagot rejected
We are looking to appeal
Could someone explain the process and how long it would take and what are the odds
The reason of refusal is they didn't believe I was working as I took time off for Birth of our twins so our pay slips were not cconsistent
We want to appeal we have children together
I'm in tears Iddon't know what to do
:cry: i am really sorry, don't worry,FAITH & TRUST IN ALLAH TO CURE ALL YOUR TROUBLES.I Hope your appeal successful and Allah Help us During Tough Times.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

th3

Post by th3 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:01 pm

So so depressed to hear Zazams result :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Similar case to mine. I had time off, too, hence payslips with lower wage except mine had detailed letters explaining each job, income, expenditure, days absent on parental leave, and so forth and I also included additional few weeks payslips to be used in their place. I don't know my result yet... pray for me, please. My case and Zazams has been going on for the same time except I can't see my child. :?
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:28 pm

the_silk_route wrote:
Zazam wrote:I think this was my own stupid mistake I did not write an explanation I just sent Birth certificates and brief mention of children in myiintroduction
Took 7 months lovely
Zazam please make sure when you write your explanation that your clearly and correctly reference the clause in the appendix. Without referencing, the claims made by you will be ambiguous. Find the booklet, the page number, paragraph and word for word copy the entire text, and correctly reference it, so they can refer back to it.

Then, state your situation, and explain how you qualify for the exception due to expecting twins. Ensure your employer letter states that you were given leave SOLELY and SOLELY ONLY on the basis of your pregnancy. This will further tie into the clause and prove you qualify for the exception. If possible get them to write that once you have recovered and in health, you WILL be resuming full time work as per usual, and will be earning so and so a month going forward.

Please reference the bit of text in the appendix which says you can qualify, and explain throughly.

ECOs and judges unfortunately do no have any sort of crystal ball which enables them to guess situations and read minds. They only have the text written on the paper to give them a picture and to go by on. Build a clear and concise picture which truly reflects upon your situation.

A good explanation letter WILL overturn the decision because it WILL show that you DO qualify for the exception, and that your ARE exempt and as per their OWN criteria, and that you VERY CLEARLY meet all requirements. Again, Zazam please don't rush it lets make sure everything is true, straight and clear.

I can feel a positive outcome. Hold tight in there, it will all work out for you!

All the best! 8) 8)
How long do they take to overturn the decision ??
Applied in lahore on 04/07/2013
Under process 19/07/2013
Got a letter on 27/09/2013 its on hold
Doc submitted 17/10/2013
Rfc : INSHALLAH soon

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:33 pm

to all those saying that your minimum amount before tax should be £1550 - this is not correct as per information on the gov.uk appendix

if overtime, commision and bonus is relied on then it doesnt matter

there is a way of working it out

i got this from the gov website - have a read.
may help some people who are reliant on overtime and bonus' to meet the requirements

The applicant‟s partner currently lives in Thailand and is returning to the UK with the
applicant.

Example
The applicant‟s partner is employed at the date of application and is relying on Category A.
He works as a car salesman in Thailand in salaried employment. In the 6 months prior to
the date of application his gross annual salary was £15,000. He also received commission
based pay for each of the 6 months prior to the date of application which varied as follows:
£500, £1000, £400, £200, £200, and £800. (there has been a typo here, one amount should be 250)

The income from commission based pay that can be added to the salaried employment
= (total commission earned over the last 6 months, divided by 6) multiplied by 12
= ((500+1000+400+200+250+800) ÷ 6) x 12
= (3150÷ 6) x 12
= £6,300

This annualised income from commission based pay can then be added to the salaried
income of £15,000 to provide a gross annual salary at the date of application of £21,300.

now if anyone had the time to work this out, like i did, you will know, £15000 annually means £1250 before tax - to be able to get to the £1550 mark the above example would need a minimum of 300 in his commission - but as u can see, for 2 months it was less than 300

ive had further guidance on this from other people (but not a QUALIFIED immigration person) and everyones views are the same as mine, when it comes to using overtime/bonus etc, yes they will look at the last 6 months but doesnt matter if its under £1550 as they will use the annualised income

hope that makes sense and helps anyone that may be in the same boat.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Can anyone who has been on hold kindly tell me how long they take to return all ur documents if you want to withdraw the case an re apply?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 pm

pug23 wrote:For the people who have had there spouse visa given/rejected - were any of you working through agency on a contract basis?

I am working through an agency and wanted to know how many if any have got their visas who dont have permanent work??
Hi I'm working for agency and a permernant cash in hand job, I am still waiting for visa tho, my 6 months will be over next week...

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:18 pm

AMRKHN wrote:
pug23 wrote:For the people who have had there spouse visa given/rejected - were any of you working through agency on a contract basis?

Hi I'm working for agency and a permernant cash in hand job, I am still waiting for visa tho, my 6 months will be over next week...

Were u depositing cash into ur account weekly/monthly ?
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Ket1 wrote:Can anyone who has been on hold kindly tell me how long they take to return all ur documents if you want to withdraw the case an re apply?

It has varied for alot of people...
3 days to 1 week to 2 weeks

Mine took 3 n half weeka i had to pester them continously
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:20 pm

"A decision in an application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are
conducted. The decision has not been made. You will be contacted by the
visa centre once your documents are ready to pick up. Please be aware the
time frame for a decision stops when an application gets this status.
We
advice all the applicants to not make any travel arrangements prior to
getting their visa."

Wow... This is what they have said to me in an email after I stated that 120 working days have passed. So basically they can take as long as they like.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.