ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 maintenance : NHS jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epitutor
Newly Registered

Tier 2 maintenance : NHS jobs

Post by epitutor » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Dear all,

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa and my maintenance was certified by my A rated sponsor in the earlier Tier 2 application.

I will now be working for NHS who do no certify this. My understanding is that , since I am already on Tier 2 visa- neither me nor my dependents have to show maintenance requirements?

It is a pity that the UKBI doesn't have a dedicated email address for queries so that we have proof of what we are told- I spoke with the help-desk , the lady on the other side was not sure and when I pointed out the policy guidance she spoke with someone and told me that I don't need maintenance. However, she didn't inspire any confidence.

It will really help if someone can confirm that I don't need to show maintenance requirements.

regards
HD

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 2 maintenance : NHS jobs

Post by ksadoc » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi,

I am in NHS too. If your CoS says ,"Sponsor certifies maintenance for the migrant"- Yes or No, on mine it said N.
If No, then you will have to show your bank statement with 3 month stable minimum maintenance as on website.
If it says Yes-, then no need to show bank funds.

Hope that clears your doubts.

The HOME Office help desk is crap!

tansul
Newly Registered

Appropriate Salary NHS job Band 2

Post by tansul » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi

I am working in NHS hospital as permanent in Training Department on Band 2, my salary bracket is High Cost Area Allowance which will be 5% of your basic salary, minimum £942 to a maximum of £1,632 per annum. but my HR said you can't meet the requirement for appropriate salary which is £20500. Before I have PSW I am working as permanent last 2 months before last 7 months I was working from agency.

Please can you tell me any way to get COS from my NHS Trust.

Regards,

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:28 pm

£20,500 is an absolute minimum - which isn't paid until Band 4 (according to: http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/working-in ... pay-rates/)

You also have to consider the minimum skill level of the job - NQF6 is the minimum requirement (there are a few exceptions but none will apply to your circumstances). According to Wikipedia, Band 2 job examples are: 'Administration, catering, clinical support worker, patient transport, pharmacy assistant' - which don't sound like NQF6 to me.

So it sounds like you won't be able to get a CoS.

epitutor
Newly Registered

Post by epitutor » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi KSAdoc,

The visa application form clearly says- how do you show maintenance and there is an option- I am currently on Tier 2 visa. The guidance says that if you are on Tier 2 points will automatically be awarded. What is the source of your information?