ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qualify for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nora_Nora
Newly Registered

Do I qualify for ILR?

Post by Nora_Nora » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi,

I'm a new member here and would like to ask a few questions regarding ILR whether I quality or not.
I entered UK in June 2006 with student visa and been living in the UK until now (now with Tier 4 student visa).
I met my husband (British citizen) in 2006 and been living together since 2007. However, we've just got married recently.
My questions are as follows:

1. What is the next visa type should I apply? Should I apply for spouse visa and then ILR?
2. Do I quality for ILR? as I have been living in the UK for almost 8 years, does the time as student visa can quality for ILR after I got married?
3. How long does it take for me to get a British citizenship?

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to hearing for you guys.

vinny

Re: Do I qualify for ILR?

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:02 pm

1. FLR(M).
2. When you complete 10 years in 2016, apply for ILR under Long Residence.
3. Probably eligible to apply Immediately after ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nora_Nora
Newly Registered

Post by Nora_Nora » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:05 am

Thank you vinny for a prompt reply. It's really helpful. I do have a question about FLR (M), which route I go for 2 year or 5 year routes?
Really appreciate your answer.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:54 am

Nora_Nora wrote:Thank you vinny for a prompt reply. It's really helpful. I do have a question about FLR (M), which route I go for 2 year or 5 year routes?
Really appreciate your answer.

There is only one route: 5 year. But you are eligible to apply for ILR using Set (LR) once you reach 28 days before 10 years in the UK.

Nora_Nora
Newly Registered

Post by Nora_Nora » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Thank you

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi
I applied for entry clearance to join my spouse here in the UK in 2011 however i was granted the visa in 2012 following an appeal.i entered the uk in november 2012 .Also the visa expires in february 2015.
1. Do I qualify under the two year route to apply for ILR.
2.Can I also apply before and after November as the visa expires in February 2015. when will be my last date for application.

Thanks.