ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from T2 (ICT) Established Staff to T2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockysingh
Newly Registered

Switch from T2 (ICT) Established Staff to T2 General

Post by rockysingh » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:08 am

Hi All,

I need an advice on switching from my current visa (T2 Long Term Leave to Remain) to Tier 2 General.

I was deputed to UK in Dec-2010 by employer Org-A working for my client company Org-B.
I have been transferred (TUPE) and now a permanent employee to my earlier client, company Org-B.

Please advice and confirm if i can switch my current Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 General.

Below are my VISA details and history of the same:

*15/11/2010 - TIER 2 (ICT) ESTABLISHED STAFF, Validity until 28/12/2013 (Org-A)
*17/12/2010 - First Entry to UK. (Org A)
*25/12/2011 - Back to home country. (Org A)
*04/06/2012 - Second entry to UK. (Org A)
*15/11/2012 - Back to home country. (Org A)
*10/11/2013 - Third entry to UK. (Org A)
*14/02/2014 - Visa Extension. T2 ICT Long Term Leave to Remain. Validity until 29/12/2015 (Org A)
*01/04/2014 - Due to TUPE transfer to Org B as permanent emp. (Org B)
*Present - Looking to switch from T2 ICT to T2 General. (Org B)

Thanks a lot.

Jeeves

Re: Switch from T2 (ICT) Established Staff to T2 General

Post by Jeeves » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:35 am

Theoretically possible but the Home Office may pay particular attention to the job advertisement as the employer can only sponsor you if they can't find a settled worker. If the sponsor declares that you were the only suitable candidate it might look a bit suspicious given that it's your job they were advertising.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:39 am

Curse the lack of an edit function.

I just remembered - you can't switch if you're staying with same sponsor, so I don't think this will be possible.

rockysingh
Newly Registered

Post by rockysingh » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:24 am

Jeeves, Thanks for the reply!

The current situation is I am now a permanent employee of Org-B (Client of my earlier company Org-A) since 1st April, 2014. As the project was in-sourced and due to TUPE law i had to move from Org-A to Org B.
Neither i have submitted my Original PP & Visa to Org-B nor i have heard from them about changing anything to my Visa from backend.

Looks like i need to find who is my sponsor now as of now, is it still Org-A or Org-B? Also do you know how do i check that?

In any case, Can i switch to Tier 2 General?

rockysingh
Newly Registered

Post by rockysingh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:13 am

Can anyone pls help me with details? I will have to push to my new employer (Org-B in above example) accordingly!

-Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm

Org B should have a PBS licence so will / should be listed on the register

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers

If they are not listed then the other option could be that they are part of a group on companies listed under a different name or they have only recently applied for a licence and are still awaiting the outcome.

If none of the above apply then there is a serious issue as you are in effect working illegally - in fairness it would not because of your actions but their inactive approach to obtaining a licence.

Given there were a number of ICT's transfered over (?) then you would expect the new org to be fully up to speed.