ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa application. Do we still have a chance?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonstop
Newly Registered

Spousal visa application. Do we still have a chance?

Post by nonstop » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Hi there,

I am new to this board, but have found out a lot of information by reading many of the past posts. I am also a member of another immigration forum were I have already recieved some good advice. But I thought I would post our situation on this forum as well, just to get a wider range of opinions before we make our application.

So anyway, here is our Situation:
Im a British citizen, 23 years old, and I last week married my girlfried of 18 months, who is a US citizen, we married in the United States. Our plan was as soon as i got home to start putting together her Spousal visa application, we were confident in our situation, since we had somewhere to live and my mother had kindly agreed to be our co-sponsor.

However over the past couple of days it has come to light that that third party financial support is no longer being considered in spousal applications. So we have been very stressed out and panicking a great deal. We have already been given some very good advice on another forum, suggesting that we make a budget plan based on my own income, and I have come up with the following numbers:

Monthly Income
Salary - £800 - £900 dependant on overtime.

Monthly Outgoings - £308 - £378
Rent - £0 - Parents are allowing us to live with them rent free until we are able to move
Gas/Elec/Tv Bills £0 - as above
Mobile phone - £30-£40
Food - £100 - £150
Car Fuel - £50-£60
Car Insurance - £28
Sundries - £50
Leisure activities - £50

I'm not sure whether this is a detailed enough idea of our intended budget? The main issue along side whether or not this income will be considered enough to support my wife as she arrives, is that this employment is with a temping agency, and i have only been with them since June 18th 2007, previous to this I was a student, but i have now completed my degree course and graduated. I can provide evidence of the income with my weekly payslips and bank statement copies, although my bank statements do show me still in the red by £400, as im still recovering from my university life. Unfortunately we have no savings. I have only been back home living with my parents since June. They are happy to write a letter and include documents proving the accomodation is mortgaged to them, and also they will be allowing us to live with them on a rent free basis requiring no contributions to household bills.

So I'm asking the opinion of the people of this forum as to whether or not you think our application has a good chance based on our details, please let me know if you need any further information. Many thanks in advance.

Dave_Was
Newly Registered

Post by Dave_Was » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:59 pm

My non professional understanding and just what I have read on the boards and websites, is that you have to show that your spouse wont turn to public funds. I'm not sure how much money you have to show to support this, but I have read that it should be above the income support level, which you are.

What I would do is look to get into the black with regards to your bank account as soon as possible and then look to make the application.

It seems that you have the other bases covered, i.e. evidence of the relationship, somewhere to stay.

This is just my understanding.

Good luck.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:19 pm

You can factor-in her expected earning too.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....