ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:05 am

hi all,

i received my SAR from ukba on 16/07/14 but the information i wanted was not included as i only request for visa application records and they sent me a bundle of photocopies.on the very next day 17/07/14 i applied for another SAR with £10 cheque and ticked the box All data held by ukba,the question i want to ask is that will they comply with my second request like the first one or will hand the case to a senior case worker and he will start investigation as the second request could be treated as identical to the first one.
thanks

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:56 am

Hi

With regards to your queries,

1. Your wife would have to apply for FLR(M) once you get your ILR(LR).

2. No documents needed for your ILR(LR) application. Only your passports covering 10 years over here, Life in UK certificate and English language evidence. If you have studied here, then your degree will be the English language evidence.

3. According to new rules (from 6th April 2014), your wife would get a 2.5 years visa on FLR(M) and she would have to wait 5 years before she could apply for ILR.
Malik626 wrote:Hi

Can someone help please,

I came in August 2004, my wife joined me in May 2005 and our both kids born here. We have currently tier 2 visa till 2016. And we will complete our 5 years time period on tier 2 in December 2014.

Due to some personal reasons, I want to apply for ILR this month (10 years long residence).

Few queries.

1. What is the best option for my wife visa as I know my kids can apply after my ILR

2. What documents required for my visa, I am not interested to attach my payslips and employer letter etc.

3. If I apply for 10 years visa, is it will be really issue for my wife visa, according to new rules.

Your advice please

Regards.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:09 am

helostar wrote:
sky1234 wrote:hi guys ,
i called home office yesterday lady informed me same answer application is still under process,
home office dealing march application now ,

my time line ,
application date , 9 may 2014
biometric done ,10 June 2014
approval still pending ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
did u apply 28 days earlier of your qualifying period of 10 years?????

regard
helostar
How many days are you short for your 10th anniversary?

I am 40 days short yet applying ILR next month
N/A

amason

Post by amason » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:59 am

Malik626 wrote:Hi

Can someone help please,

I came in August 2004, my wife joined me in May 2005 and our both kids born here. We have currently tier 2 visa till 2016. And we will complete our 5 years time period on tier 2 in December 2014.

Due to some personal reasons, I want to apply for ILR this month (10 years long residence).

Few queries.

1. What is the best option for my wife visa as I know my kids can apply after my ILR

2. What documents required for my visa, I am not interested to attach my payslips and employer letter etc.

3. If I apply for 10 years visa, is it will be really issue for my wife visa, according to new rules.

Your advice please

Regards.

Hi since you don't want to use the 5 years route; you can wait till maybe DEC and you apply for your ilr LR that way you can save your wife going on flrm before ilr and save money too.

If you apply in Dec or even Nov.; from the current processing time which is 4 month; your wife can apply 28 days before may which will be in April; around which time your ilr would have been approved.

Hope it helps

sky1234
Newly Registered

Post by sky1234 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:38 am

I just complete my ten year in 6 may 2014
Last two year in 3c.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi,
Can some body explains what changes have taken place on 10th of July,who will they effect and what is this MM rules.if some knows please explain ,would be beneficial for many of us..
Regards

hadu21
Newly Registered

Post by hadu21 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Dear Members,

I need advice about immigration case of my wife.

I was granted ILR on 14th April 2014 on 10 year Long Residence Basis. My 2 children (Born in London) have now acquired British Nationality and British Passports in July 2014.

I applied for my Wife's FLR (M) in Croydon PEO yesterday which was approved in 1 hour & visa granted.

My 2 kids and my wife were my dependents (Tier 1 General) since October 2011.

The approval letter we received at PEO croydon mentions that my wife has to wait for 2 years in order to apply for Settlement (ILR). However, I asked the caseworker that she has already been my dependent (wife) for more than two years and she replied that she can apply for ILR any-time suitable for us.

However, I know that rules have changed since 6 April 2014 which means that spouses have to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

I am really confused and dont know who to belive.

Can seniors of this forum help me understand the situation and guide me.

Regards

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Hello successful & in process applicants. Can you guys please tell that when the set (lr) fee is deducted then what beneficiary's name (Home Office/UKBA/UKVI) shows in statement. This is because if someone instruct his bank/credit card company in advance as who will deduct the fee then which name we need to tell them (Home office/UKBA/UKVI).

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi @ cool mind,

I rang my bank before posting my application but they said they can only write a note on my credit card, as we all know that the credit or debit card transactions are dealt with the bank's computers automatically, so they can't put in to the computer the name of company who is going to take the payment.
This is how it appeared on my credit card's online account,

" THE HOME OFFICE UK GBR 003750000101048 09 Jun 14 1093.00"

Don't worry too much and make sure you put the correct details of your credit or debit card and recheck the details.

Regards,
Asif
cool mind wrote:Hello successful & in process applicants. Can you guys please tell that when the set (lr) fee is deducted then what beneficiary's name (Home Office/UKBA/UKVI) shows in statement. This is because if someone instruct his bank/credit card company in advance as who will deduct the fee then which name we need to tell them (Home office/UKBA/UKVI).

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi many congratulations on your ILR.
To answer your query I will advice wait for your MRs BRP to arrive if it is for 2 years then you can apply for her ILR straightaway either through post or Peo service. Hope it helps
hadu21 wrote:Dear Members,

I was granted ILR on 14th April 2014 on 10 year Long Residence Basis. My 2 children (Born in London) have now acquired British Nationality and British Passports in July 2014.

I applied for my Wife's FLR (M) in Croydon PEO yesterday which was approved in 1 hour & visa granted.

The approval letter we received at PEO croydon mentions that my wife has to wait for 2 years in order to apply for Settlement (ILR). However, I asked the caseworker that she has already been my dependent (wife) for more than two years and she replied that she can apply for ILR any-time suitable for us.

However, I know that rules have changed since 6 April 2014 which means that spouses have to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

Regards

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Woww....that's very interesting.

Well, if you have got 2 years visa for your wife using FLR(M), you could straightaway apply for her ILR as she has got 2 years visa and not 2.5 years.

Regards

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:15 pm

die_hard wrote:Woww....that's very interesting.

Well, if you have got 2 years visa for your wife using FLR(M), you could straightaway apply for her ILR as she has got 2 years visa and not 2.5 years.

Regards
Congratulations.
can I ask you how long your application took since you submitted?
Also for your wife did you fill the section A or section B?
You can apply for your wife straight away ILR.

perez2014
Newly Registered

Post by perez2014 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I sent my ilr LR on the 28/06/14, I did my biometric also. I was working as a cabin crew, I show my company the letter from the HO but it seems that they don't really care they told me that this letter can allow me to work in the uk as on my contract I should normally travel within Europe.

So they threaten to dismiss me on the 26/08/2014 if I don't receive my passport with my stay.

Is it normal?

Shall I send the dismissal letter to the home office? Is it going the fast tracked my application?

Please help me.

Thank you

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Please gurus is there any clear cut evidence that 2 years FLR M visa holder can combine previous leave to qualify for SET M ? If yes please share it

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:29 pm

A friend of mine has appointment for set (M) week after next one, his dependent got 2 years FLR (M) visa last month. I will update the outcome after their appointment.
msmussaf wrote:Please gurus is there any clear cut evidence that 2 years FLR M visa holder can combine previous leave to qualify for SET M ? If yes please share it

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi Members.

Just a quick question. I am applying for my ILR on the basis of 10 years. I married last year in Pakistan and my wife came over and her leave expires in December 2015 with my Tier 1 General stay. Can I apply for my visa only or do I have to apply for my wife as well at the same time. What will be her status and what would happen when her Leave expires in December 2015?

I would appreciate your response.

Nabeel

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:30 pm

@jigar

You can not apply for your wife ilr with you as she has been here for 2 years. She needs to apply spouse visa using flrm once you get the ilr.

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:34 pm

@perez

Hi perez snd senior members

I have 2 children one was born in Uk and One in Pakistan now both are living with me and my wife in uk. Can I apply british passport once I get my Ilr. Please send you advise and suggestions.
Thanks

austin100

Post by austin100 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Regards
You said you have acquired your British Nationality.
Through 10YR Long Residence.
How did you get it without having to wait for 1 year , After getting ILR .
I will like to know if I can do that also
thanks

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:55 pm

austin100 wrote:

Regards
You said you have acquired your British Nationality.
Through 10YR Long Residence.
How did you get it without having to wait for 1 year , After getting ILR .
I will like to know if I can do that also
thanks
@ Austain

Here MR Hadu21 clearly said that his children who are born here in UK got British nationality straightaway after he got ILR ....he never mentioned any thing that he got British nationality ... In addition to this you are right that any one who got ILR can apply for British national after one year .. Terms and condition apply ....

Hope this post clear any misunderstanding ..

Thanks

Shah

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Hadu21, I have also booked my FLR M appointment for 28th July at Croydon PEO. Please can you tell me which section u filled 7A or 7B? I'm hoping that I get 2year FLR M letter n BRP. Will really appreciate ur help bro!
Can anybody also guide me that my 3 years will be complete in September. So can 5 years requirement for settlement include these 3 years as well?

Also, Congratulations to everyone else who received ILR. Best of luck for your spouse to get 2year FLR M InshaAllah.
To those still waiting, I'm always praying for u all as I know how extremely difficult it was for my hubby and me. May you all get Approval letters really soon InshaAllah.

[/u]

Regards

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:21 pm

@ Varsha8042 and W Ahmed6569,
Thanks for sharing this experience of yours.. It definitely helps!
I am following this grey area for months on daily basis and until your experiences was convinced(by few positive e.gs on this forum) that I should apply my LR (as I qualify since early July). But I think its sensible approach to wait for another 7 months and apply for SET(O) and my wife will be granted ILR with me same day (As my 5 years on tier1 complete in Feb 2015)

Read post plz: @ hadu21 this is also a case from Croydon on 18th July. V v v v v confusing situation!
Such cases are compelling at times and I do feel that I should take a chance but your cases are very big lesson for me. THANKS for sharing your experiences.

One question please : were your dependents granted entry clearance as PBS dependents or they switched from Tier 4 dependents after arriving in the UK?

I can imagine how painful is the 5 years wait for you guys.. Wish you best of luck during these hard waiting years...

Varsha8042 wrote:Hi,
For all the members who are in pursuit of 2 years visa for their suppose under the old rule rather then 5 year 2.5 each as per new rules, I closely followed this forum all the way before booking a PEO appointment was last week Tuesday (Same day service at Cryodon for FLRM trying to obtain and was quite confident and sure because several members on this forum share their experience of obtaing 2 years rather then 2.5.

But I was totally & utterly wrong and was extremely disappointed by the fact that members either try to provide wrong information or they were lucky enough as it might be in their case that the case worker was not fully or completely aware of the rules in place, any how in my case the case worker was fully aware of the rules and followed exactly what he was trained to do so.

Me & husband had decided not to discuss any rules with any one but did fill Finicial Requirement Section 7B as it is mention on form if an applicant is in UK before July 2012 don't need to fill 7A.

The officer start entering our case into system by checking Appliction , every thing was smooth until the officer pointed out to us that we have wrongly filled Section 7B and that from 06-04-14 every applicant has to fill 7A other wise the appliction will be consider as invalid, at this point I try to explain that I came to UK in 2009 & come under old rules July 2012 rules but all in vain as the officer said that he can not validate the appliction form unless we fill 7A we told officer we don't have other form he replied that he will give us a print out of the specific pages required and we have to fill 7A as our appliction will be consider under the new rules started from 06 April 14 .

At this point we taught we should point out 2 year visa as we'll rather then getting 2.5 , we did that but all in vain answer was the same under new rule, under new rule, under new rule :( :( applicable from 06 April 14.

Firstly me & my husband got very disappointed we wanted to see the case worker and explain the 2 year rule and that I came to UK as PBS dependent of my husband in 2009 therefore my appliction should be consider under old rules and 2 years visa should be issued but our request to see the case worker was not accepted and we were told that if it's required we will be called other wise the application will be process by the case worker.

All our efforts were useless as we filled section 7A and after entering our case and biometric our application was approved for 2.5 years visa.

We received our biometric card yesterday :( our last hope as we taught home office might issue 2 years card rather then 2.5 as mention by some member were they had 2.5 years letter followed by 2 years biometric card and vice versa , but we were living in illusion as we received biometric card with 2.5 visa.

Any ways best of luck to all for the next painfull & stressful trying & testing 5 Years :( :( :(

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:31 pm

jigars143 wrote:Hi Members.

Just a quick question. I am applying for my ILR on the basis of 10 years. I married last year in Pakistan and my wife came over and her leave expires in December 2015 with my Tier 1 General stay. Can I apply for my visa only or do I have to apply for my wife as well at the same time. What will be her status and what would happen when her Leave expires in December 2015?

Nabeel
Hi Nabeel,
I have almost same situation as yours. For 10 years ILR you can only apply for yourself as there is no provision to include your dependents in 10 yrs ILR route. Once you get ILR, you need to apply for your wife visa extension through FLR M form. It is because once your status changes from Tier 1 migrant to settle person (ILR) your wife would no longer be a spouse of Tier 1 migrant and she has to get a new visa as a dependent of settled person by using the FLR M form and has to fulfill the requirements for the FLR M like financial 18.6K and English language test.

Hope it helps.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:21 am

Arsal385 wrote:
jigars143 wrote:Hi Members.

Nabeel
Hi Nabeel,
I have almost same situation as yours. For 10 years ILR you can only apply for yourself as there is no provision to include your dependents in 10 yrs ILR route. Once you get ILR, you need to apply for your wife visa extension through FLR M form. It is because once your status changes from Tier 1 migrant to settle person (ILR) your wife would no longer be a spouse of Tier 1 migrant and she has to get a new visa as a dependent of settled person by using the FLR M form and has to fulfill the requirements for the FLR M like financial 18.6K and English language test.

Hope it helps.
Thank you Arsal. So as soon as I get my ILR how much time I have to apply for my wife's FLR (M)? Alos, if I have my ILR due in August can I wait until February to apply for it or will it have a negative impact. I have to go attend family wedding in December. Hope you have some information on this.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:12 am

@jigars123

My husband also waited few months before applying for ILR even after having completed 10years as he needed passport for business travel. He got ILR straightforward Alhumdolillah. Hope that helps.
For spouse, they must switch to ILR dependent before they travel. There should be no discrepancy b/w yours n her visa status.