ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

form MN1 Section 1 Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mah

form MN1 Section 1 Urgent

Post by mah » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Dear All,

I have a question which may seem silly.

regarding question 1.1 I read the guideline but I didn't understand what should I write for this question.

I am applying with my family for BC at the same time. we are all non British. Child is 11 born outside UK.

Please let me know how should I fill this.

Also why there is no need for Passport Number in this form?

I am a bit worried now whether I had to fill another form for my child.

One more question, when we go to the NCS, do they give us a form to fill for fee payment?

Thanks,

Mah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: form MN1 Section 1 Urgent

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:33 pm

mah wrote:Dear All,

I have a question which may seem silly.

regarding question 1.1 I read the guideline but I didn't understand what should I write for this question. Child born abroad will be applying under Section 3(1) so that is what you write. Does the child have ILR?

I am applying with my family for BC at the same time. we are all non British. Child is 11 born outside UK.

Please let me know how should I fill this.

Also why there is no need for Passport Number in this form? You submit the passport, so not sure why MN1 doesn't ask for the passport number

I am a bit worried now whether I had to fill another form for my child. MN1 is the correct form

One more question, when we go to the NCS, do they give us a form to fill for fee payment? Fee form is on page 4 in this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2014.pdf

Thanks,

Mah
Lots of info in this link as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mah

Post by mah » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Many Thanks CR001,

Yes my Kid has ILR.
They were really helpful.
3 more basic questions:
Is one fee form enough for the family of three, or each applicant should fill one form?
for the first question regarding Home Office ref Number: Is it OK to write BRP number?
Regarding the question for father's name in Form AN, should it be full name (it has not said first or surname)?

Thanks again.

Mah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:38 am

mah wrote:Many Thanks CR001,

Yes my Kid has ILR.
They were really helpful.
3 more basic questions:
Is one fee form enough for the family of three, or each applicant should fill one form? You can use one form but include all applicants names
for the first question regarding Home Office ref Number: Is it OK to write BRP number? You can or you can leave it blank
Regarding the question for father's name in Form AN, should it be full name (it has not said first or surname)? Full name inlc surname

Thanks again.

Mah
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mah

Post by mah » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks CR001,
I just found one of the referees have not mentioned his age in form MN1 and just wrote "Teacher" in 5.2. Does it make a problem?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:34 pm

The form states, 5.2 Referee : 'State how you know the child and state either your age or profession'

The key word is EITHER. So if only profession has been written it is fine. It does not say age AND profession.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mah

Post by mah » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks again,

The thing is that he has just written teacher, and has not mentioned anything as how he knows the child. I think he emagined stating "teacher" is self sufficient.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:54 pm

so ask the referee to add how they know the child. I don't know if it will make a difference or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mah

Post by mah » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks.

He is a teacher in my kid's school and do not have access to him as my appointment is Monday Morning. So I will submit as it is and hope it goes fine. Fingers crossed.

Thanks a lot again.

Mah