ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization PCN good character requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sip05ma4

Naturalization PCN good character requirements

Post by sip05ma4 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi All,

If someone can answer me for following question/confusion

I got a PCN (Panelty Charge Notice) sent to my old address (address was not updated on DVLA car registration) on 30th April 2011.

Traffic Enforement Centre (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/north ... ent-centre) on 11 october 20011. (again sent to old address)

I then was contacted by Baillfs who took new updated address from DVLA

I paid fine and attached the fine payment letter and court order.

I know it is civil penalty but I am confused if my naturalization application is going to be rejected

I did some research and found following information on page 12 of the good character requirements for naturalization

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... annexd.pdf
3.2 Fixed Penalty Notices, Penalty Charge Notices & Penalty Notices
for Disorder
Fixed Penalty Notices, Penalty Charge Notices and Penalty Notices for Disorder are imposed
by the Police or other authorised enforcement officers for traffic rule violations, environmental
and civil violations. It is a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences
without the need for a person to attend court. Receiving one does not form part of a person‟s
criminal record as there is no admission of guilt.
The decision maker will not consider these unless the person has:
a. failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
b. received numerous fixed penalty notices which would suggest a pattern of behavior that
calls into question their character.
Where a fixed penalty notice or fiscal fine has been referred to a court due to non-payment or
the notice has been unsuccessfully challenged by the person in court, the decision maker will
consider this as a conviction and assessed in line with the new sentence imposed.
Where b. applies, the decision maker will consider the factors listed at section 3.8 –
Considering Cumulative, Non-Custodial Sentences.
Further information on Penalty Notices for Disorder is available on the Ministry
Any help will be appreciated

Regards,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization PCN good character requirements

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:04 pm

It's not a civil penalty under the immigration rules!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sip05ma4

Post by sip05ma4 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks a lot

I look forward for my application.

thanks,

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Post by bilalazeem » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:10 am

Hi, Applicants are required to declare PCN on Naturalisation application? if Yes, all PCNs or only the ones issued in last 1 year?

A friend is going to apply for Naturalisation in Sep this year...he was issued with one PCN in May 2010 for driving in Bus Lane and got another PCN in Jun 2014 for same offence again. He paid both the Charges on time!

Would appreciate your help. thanks!