ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA REFUSED FOR CARERS HELP NEEDEdr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Re: SPOUSE VISA REFUSED FOR CARERS HELP NEEDEdr

Post by Samsam121 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:56 am

Hi Amber thank you so much for all the help you gave me before. I just wanted to ask you a question for my cousin... My cousin had a half sister who passed away and she had two little girls. So now my cousin wants to. Bring her nieces here in U.K. To join her. He is the only family the little girls have as their mum and dad have both passed away. He works full time and gets £2500 every month and he has his own property but wants the little girls to live with his mum who has a four bedroom house. He will be provided their living costs and any money they need. Please help us... And give us and tell us which way is the best to go by this. Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:23 am

Does you cousin have sole responsibility for the children as granted by the courts?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:07 am

Amber wrote:Does you cousin have sole responsibility for the children as granted by the courts?
Hi Amber, thanks for the replay... Yes he does have sole responsibilities for the children as granted by the courts. He sends them money every month

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:54 am

Then assuming your cousin is settled or British, he needs to consider completing VAF4A, Appendix 1, SU07/12 and providing proof that he has been granted sole responsibility by the courts and that the children are financially dependent.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:40 am

Amber wrote:Then assuming your cousin is settled or British, he needs to consider completing VAF4A, Appendix 1, SU07/12 and providing proof that he has been granted sole responsibility by the courts and that the children are financially dependent.
Yes he British citizen and thank you I will get him too do that.

I had another two questions, if you could plz help me with them (1) if someone has spouse visa can they get travel document, when your passport is somali?
(2) if you have a spouse visa do you have EC rights?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:46 am

1. See https://www.gov.uk/apply-home-office-travel-document
2. Not unless you're travelling with a British partner.

mohammedsahilkhan
Newly Registered

Post by mohammedsahilkhan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:21 am

Hi Amber

I see you have good knowledge and would appreciate any comments from you. My wife is overseas with my son and I am in the UK. I care for my mother and I am in receipt of carers allowance. I intend to support my wife's entry clearance application. I have registered my son as a British citizen in accordance with section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981 because I am a British citizen by descent. As I am aware my son is exempt from Immigration Control because he holds a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode. As I have read your earlier comment that applicants are not required to meet the financial requirement under Appendix FM if the spouse in the UK is in receipt of carers allowance. I have read the UKUT of Ahmed which you quoted and have also reference to IDI Chapter 8 however I could not find the information I am looking for. What I would like to know is that can my wife rely on child benefit and child tax credit as well as my income from employment and carers allowance(which will be available to us when my son arrives in the UK)?

The following is my income at present:
My wage from work £160 per week
My carers Allowance £60 per week

After my son arrives in the UK my wife and will be also get:
Child benefit £20.40 per week
Child Tax Credit £66 per week

Thanks.

Jamielee11
Newly Registered

Post by Jamielee11 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi is there anyone that can help me?

I've been married to my husband currently for over two years he is living with me in England. He came and seaked asylum. I was working full time as a carer and had to stop due to dad becoming ill and becoming his carer I'm now claiming careers allowance and understand I can apply for his visa on this?

I'm in current receipt of
Child benefit 20.50 a week
Child tax credits 64.00 a week
Carers allowance 62.70 a week
Housing benefit 195.00 a week
Council tax 15.42 a week

Please note the child is not my husbands.

Can I apply for his visa when I'm in receipt of these benefits will any of them affect the decision?

We live in a one bedroom property 2 adults 1 child.

Also when could we apply for his visa?

After the rent and council tax I'm left with 147.20 is this enough or do I get a part time job to boost it up!

Also I'm a housing association tenant does that make a difference?

Thank you for your help if anyone is out there.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Jamielee11 wrote:Hi is there anyone that can help me?

I've been married to my husband currently for over two years he is living with me in England. He came and seaked asylum. I was working full time as a carer and had to stop due to dad becoming ill and becoming his carer I'm now claiming careers allowance and understand I can apply for his visa on this?

I'm in current receipt of
Child benefit 20.50 a week
Child tax credits 64.00 a week
Carers allowance 62.70 a week
Housing benefit 195.00 a week
Council tax 15.42 a week

Please note the child is not my husbands.

Can I apply for his visa when I'm in receipt of these benefits will any of them affect the decision?

We live in a one bedroom property 2 adults 1 child.

Also when could we apply for his visa?

After the rent and council tax I'm left with 147.20 is this enough or do I get a part time job to boost it up!

Also I'm a housing association tenant does that make a difference?

Thank you for your help if anyone is out there.
You have already been asked to please refrain from digging up old topics and tagging your questions.

Please continue in your own topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.