ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with filling flr(fp) form please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greatreasons
Newly Registered

Help with filling flr(fp) form please

Post by greatreasons » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and need advice regarding my FLR(FP) application and would be grateful for any help. I'll ask my question then follow up with my back story.

I believe I meet the criteria for indefinite leave based Private life in the UK based on having strong ties in the UK as well as Family life as a parent (5 or 10 year route) and I'm uncertain which category I should tick. Is it possible to tick both.

For indefinite leave to remain this will be long and expensive I believe, however I could have a strong enough case.

Basically I came here as a child age 16, my mum is now a british citizen, I've been year for almost 13 years, closer to 14 really and I do not have a family to go home to. I do not have a relationship with my dad, nor my siblings but they are mostly children anyway, he never took responsibility of me. I'm from the Caribbean - Tobago.

I have a young baby who is british but the dad and I do not have any relationship. It is complicated and there is NO chance of us having a relationship. Sadly he wants nothing to do with my baby, I'm guess I should be happy he registered her and applied for her passport.

So is it possible to tick more than one category for FLR(FP)? If which is my best option?

Thanks all

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help with filling flr(fp) form please

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:01 am

If you have valid leave the tick the 5 year parent route.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

greatreasons
Newly Registered

Post by greatreasons » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 am

Amber wrote:If you have valid leave the tick the 5 year parent route.
Thanks Amber.

I do not have valid leave to remain.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:16 am

Then tick the 10 year route.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

greatreasons
Newly Registered

Post by greatreasons » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:35 am

Amber wrote:Then tick the 10 year route.
Thank you for the advice Amber, it is much appreciated.