ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 2 out of country of citizenship + TB Test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk21411
Newly Registered
India

Applying for Tier 2 out of country of citizenship + TB Test

Post by uk21411 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:15 pm

I am an Indian citizen living in Netherlands on a residence permit, about to complete my masters degree. I got a job with a firm in UK, they sent me a certificate of sponsorship as well. I have 2 questions and I thank in advance anyone who can help me out on this, I would be grateful.

1. My residence permit is valid till September 1, 2014. Would there be a problem if I apply for my UK tier 2 visa from Amsterdam now ?

2. Indian "residents" are required to take a TB test according to UKBA website. As I understand I am a resident of Netherlands and citizen of India. When I came here I had to take a TB test and only then was I given a EU resident permit. Plus in the list of approved clinics to take a TB test, there is not a single clinic listed for Europe, so technically it is impossible to take a TB test while in Europe. Should I assume that it is alright for me to not take a TB test because I already took one to get the EU resident permit before?

I have applied for a visa appointment on July 29. Although, now I am apprehensive that I may be refused on the above two grounds and may have to go back to India.

Please let me know if you know some thing about this.

Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Tier 2 out of country of citizenship + TB T

Post by physicskate » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:05 am

aj1788 wrote:I am an Indian citizen living in Netherlands on a residence permit, about to complete my masters degree. I got a job with a firm in UK, they sent me a certificate of sponsorship as well. I have 2 questions and I thank in advance anyone who can help me out on this, I would be grateful.

1. My residence permit is valid till September 1, 2014. Would there be a problem if I apply for my UK tier 2 visa from Amsterdam now ?

2. Indian "residents" are required to take a TB test according to UKBA website. As I understand I am a resident of Netherlands and citizen of India. When I came here I had to take a TB test and only then was I given a EU resident permit. Plus in the list of approved clinics to take a TB test, there is not a single clinic listed for Europe, so technically it is impossible to take a TB test while in Europe. Should I assume that it is alright for me to not take a TB test because I already took one to get the EU resident permit before?

I have applied for a visa appointment on July 29. Although, now I am apprehensive that I may be refused on the above two grounds and may have to go back to India.

Please let me know if you know some thing about this.

Thanks

Hi. I can only give my opinion on q1.

1.) It is fine applying from the Netherlands because of your resident status there. However, check processing times. If applying by non-priority, it might be that the decision is not made before your current EU visa expires, and that would be unfortunate.

Is this appointment a biometric appointment?

uk21411
Newly Registered
India

Post by uk21411 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, this is a biometric appointment. The visa processing times for tier 2 visa at this center is 93% in 2 days and so on.

However, I have my appointment for July 29, is it possible that UKBA returns my application saying that it is not possible to apply from Amsterdam ?

I have this question because some one told me that at the time of applying my current resident permit in the country of application should be valid for the next 3 months.

uk21411
Newly Registered
India

Post by uk21411 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Would really appreciate if some one could answer my queries. Thanks in advance.

uk21411
Newly Registered
India

Post by uk21411 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm

I sent UKBA an email and they replied that I do not need a TB test. I am posting the relevant part of the email here for everyone's information.

"Further to your enquiry, based on the information you have provided, please
note if you are a resident (i.e. have residing for more than 6 months) in a
non-TB country, you are exempt from the requirement even if you are a
national of a country of the UKVI TB list. Should you require further
information on this please visit the following link"