ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mail redirection-while waiting for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suwi
Newly Registered

Mail redirection-while waiting for ILR

Post by suwi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi All,
I have a question, may not relate directly to visa but wondering will it affect in any way.
Question is, while waiting for ILR visa since applied in Aug 2012 will it be a issue if I redirect my post to a different address temporary. Mind you I applied SET M following spouse unmarried visa. But I will be physically be living in the same address with partner but redirecting only my post to a different address.
Basically will the HO will use it to disagree with the proof of my living with partner.
Many Thanks
suwi :!:

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Should not be a problem. I rediricted my mail when applying for ILR.
The BRP card turned up at my residing address, while the the passport, documents were sent to the redirected postal address.

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:44 am

Hi NOG thanks for the info. But I was thinking about proofing the living together than receiving post. When home office check will they think I am not living there just because I have redirected?

oliky
Newly Registered

Re: Mail redirection-while waiting for ILR

Post by oliky » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi all,

Am having an housing problem and may need to redirect my post using royal mail redirect while i try to get a new accomodation for my family, please will this be an issue for an ILR application as i am applying a SET M application. Please i need an urgent reply on this, can HO find out about this and cause me problems.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:09 pm

redirect mail do not apply on any of government letter you need to read the redirect mail police if you do royal mail

oliky
Newly Registered

Post by oliky » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi odat,

Don't understand your answer quite well, are you saying it could affect me or it would not, is it reported to the police or what exactly

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:50 pm

royal mail they do not redirect letter from ex. your council or police or home office
so if you gave home office your address and you live in different address royal mail they will not redirect your letter
but is best to go to royal mail and ask because I did use the redirect post before and I remember on the agreement they saying the do not redirect council or police or home office im not sure that was in 3 years ago maybe change now

and its poor service half the letter I never got them