ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad of a father holdin ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

master_student

Child born abroad of a father holdin ILR

Post by master_student » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:50 pm

hello Gurus and friends,

I 'm holding ILR four couple of months now, and I have a baby was just born abroad, and I just wonder if I can register her as british citizen or if not how can I get my baby a UK citezenship.

I kindly looking forward to your help and thank you very much for your input in advance :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child born abroad of a father holdin ILR

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Where is the child now what's the other parents status?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

master_student

Post by master_student » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:45 pm

the child is in africa and the other parent had a dependent visa as I was a student at the time and her visa was expired couple of mounths ago, so she left the UK as I didn't have a job at the time to meet the financial requirments

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:16 pm

You can only register your child abroad, if you are British Citizen. It is not possible with your ILR, it is possible if the child is born in UK, Gurus may correct me if I'm wrong.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:36 pm

That's correct and one parent would have to be British or applying to naturalise at the same time and the other parent as well as the child, settled in the UK, I'm afraid.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

master_student

Post by master_student » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Thank you Guys for your reply! Amber what do you mean settelin the UK, do they have to have entry clearance visa or they need to have ILR also?

Thank you for let me know
Amber wrote:That's correct and one parent would have to be British or applying to naturalise at the same time and the other parent as well as the child, settled in the UK, I'm afraid.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 am

Settlement means in this scenario, ILE/ILR.