ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Tests to Avoid?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eddybaloch

English Language Tests to Avoid?

Post by eddybaloch » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Dear members.

Can someone please shed some light on which English Tests to avoid as a number of members have posted that their applications were put on hold due to some ongoing investigation with testing organizations?

I am planning on taking the last test from the List of approved tests and providers (Graded Examinations in Spoken English - Trinity College- Grade 5)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

Do you know if that is still okay ?

Thanks in advance,
Eddy B.

WR1

Re: English Language Tests to Avoid?

Post by WR1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:32 pm

The Trinity GESE Grade 5 test is fine. The ESOL Entry level 3 by Trinity should be avoided as the Home Office is removing it from their list of acceptable tests from 1st August 2014 (doesn't affect the one provided by Cambridge English).

As far as I'm aware, the tests under investigation and should be avoid are tests provided by EMD and tests provided by ETS including TOEFL and TOEIC
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided