ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer wants hubby to move to Dubai

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pinkroses
Newly Registered

Employer wants hubby to move to Dubai

Post by pinkroses » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello All,

I have posted a couple questions here and received great feedback.

I am embarrassed to ask again as I am not paying for an answer but to be honest, your advise is way more valuable than any commercial adviser.

Basically, my Husband has been offered a once in a life time opportunity, to head his companies operations in Dubai.

Even though pay and quality of life wise it is unbeatable, it does not compare with me becoming a British National.

I have been in UK since November 2012, my visa extension is due 07/15 and ILR 2.5 years after so we still have a few more years to go, my daughter was born in UK September last year.

Obviously the employer will not wait until then, my question is if we are in Dubai but our employer confirms this is a UK company and we intend to come back in a few years will I still be eligible for British Nationality? and what would I have to do?

Many Thanks

Really appreciate the help.

Take care

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Employer wants hubby to move to Dubai

Post by MPH80 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:51 pm

If you move abroad today - then the spouse visa would expire when it ended and you wouldn't be able to renew from abroad - you'd have to apply for a new spouse visa when you wanted to return. Any short visits would have to be achieved through a tourist visa.

If you moved abroad for (say) a year, after renewal, then returned after that year - that would probably be ok and allow you to achieve ILR. Keep in mind your husband would have to return too - and on a permanent basis.

Part of the application for the extension is a confirmation that both you and your spouse are living, permanently, in the UK. So if he moved without you - you wouldn't be able to extend under the spouse provisions.

I'm afraid it's going to have to be a choice between the two from what you've said.