ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR(10 years) before 50 days to 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brainliar
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR(10 years) before 50 days to 10 years

Post by Brainliar » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Hello ,
I am wondering if anyone could help regarding my application for ILR? I am actually going to apply for ilr 50 days prior to compete my 10 years .
I still have a valid visa till 2015 , but would like to apply early as home office takes atleast 3 -6 months to makw the decision . Wondering if the application date is considered by the time of making decision or the time they receive it?
I will safely apply if the case workers considers the date when he makes the decision !
Plz if you have any experience or legal knowledge how it works i will much appreciate your answer , i even tried ukvi enquiry line regarding this but the customer service advisors r not equipped with proper knowledge and i am having hard time understanding nigerian accent aswell.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR(10 years) before 50 days to 10 years

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:27 pm

You need to meet the requirements on the date of application and you could be refused if applying too early. The rule is to apply no sooner than 28 days before meeting the 10 year residence requirement.

As you have a valid visa, I don't understand why you would want to apply so early. This question is often raised by people who do not have enough visa left to cover the full 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brainliar
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for ILR(10 years) before 50 days to 10 years

Post by Brainliar » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 pm

thanks a lot for the answer . i just wanted to apply early so that i could use my time efficiently as ukvi are taking so much time processing applications which could last for unto 6 months plus yo can't ask them to do it within even 6 months time as they put you off saying 85 percent application dealt within time frame and rest could take long (typical excuse) .
plus it makes a clear sense that if decision is made after 3-6 months then why not apply early as the decision will be made the time reaches by the required limit.
anyways thanks again for the advice n suggestion .