ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Struggling with visa forms for family settlement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

acjvdw
Newly Registered

Struggling with visa forms for family settlement

Post by acjvdw » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am totally confused and cannot find a number or email where I can speak to an actual human being to clarify..

I am a British Citizen and we are starting the process of getting a settlement visa for my South African husband. Because I know that there are a lot of things that can go wrong in the visa process - I am nervous that we are not filling out the right forms - I have the following concerns and would feel a lot more confident if someone can confirm that we are doing the right thing.

1) The visa we need to apply for is called a Family settlement visa?

2) When applying online with Visa4UK the Application Form asks you to specify your visa type and then gives you categories and sub categories (none of which actually say 'Family settlement visa') with the options given our application categories are 'settlement' ,'settlement', 'husband' - does this sound right?

3) I am then thinking I need to fill out Appendix 2 but this doesn't seem to be included in the online application - are we supposed to print off a paper version and submit it with the printed out online application or am I missing something?

4) Also on the online application form - it asks you the applicants relationship to the sponsor - which in my case is wife - it doesn't give this option in the scroll down list - this is whats making me worry that its not the right form…

Any help and advice would be gratefully received

Rayking

Re: Struggling with visa forms for family settlement

Post by Rayking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:35 pm

You're 100% on the right track!
Hope you know about the requirements you need to meet and most especially the financial requirements of 18600?
Yes,it doesn't give the option but you can write that in the space for additional info.
Appendix 2 form will be downloaded and fill out, not online.

acjvdw
Newly Registered

Post by acjvdw » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Thank you so much - I feel a lot better about it now :D

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Better to ask than waste almost a £1000 :D