ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit at isb

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nom_anwa
Newly Registered

EEA family permit at isb

Post by nom_anwa » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 am

Hi guys can i apply for EEA family permit at ISB my wife is nl citizen.
cruntly she is in nl do she have to be in uk when we apply for family permit for uk. and what kind document do we need to provide at ISB.
please if any body have any kind info let us know thanks.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:13 am

To be eligible for the EEAFP, your Dutch wife has to be already be in the UK, in which case you will have to prove that she already is in the UK, or that she intends to travel with you from Pakistan to UK, in which case her Durch passport will be asked for.

So, if she is still in the Netherlands, I am sorry but you will not be eligible for the EEAFP, but rather for the visit visa under the UK immigration rules.
Jabi

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:18 am

Actually the INF18 guidance notes say :-
As a guide they should include:
  • proof of their relationship to you (for example, if they are your children, their birth certificates and your marriage certificate if it is your husband or wife)
  • evidence that you are in the UK, or intend to travel to the UK
  • a certified copy of your EEA passport, and
  • evidence that you have a right of residence in the UK.
So I am failing to see that the NL spouse actually needs to travel to the UK from Pakistan. But I agree, it would help if the NL spouse was already living in the UK. nom_anwa, any chance of her moving here to the UK before you make your application?

As regards your questions, have a good read of the INF18 guidance notes.
John

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:31 am

John wrote:So I am failing to see that the NL spouse actually needs to travel to the UK from Pakistan
I would have interpretted it the same way as you do and would have continued doing the same had I not had my first refusal for the EEAFP... incidentally a case from Islamabad as well... quoting the reason-

"You have applied for admission to the United Kingdom by virtue of European Community Law as the family member of a European Economic Area national who is exercising, or wishes to exercise, rights of free movement under the Treaty establishing the European Community in the United Kingdom, but I am not satisfied that the European Economic Area national of whom you are a family member is in, or will be accompanying you to, the United Kingdom"

I am not saying that the application will fail, but the chances are there. The case succeeded some months later after we submitted a Registration Certificate as well.
Jabi

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:51 am

That's Islamabad for you, unfortunately they do this kind of thing all the time.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:22 pm

Docterror, OK, but I am sure there are ways around that. For example tell the BHC that after the grant of the EEA Family Permit they will go to the Dutch Embassy and get a Schengen visa to visit the wife in Netherlands for a few days, before the two of them go together to the UK.

Or indeed say that the flight to Europe will be to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, and then on to the UK, and the wife will be booked on to the NL-UK leg of the journey, so they will indeed enter the UK together.

But as said before, best the wife moves to the UK first.
John

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:34 pm

tell the BHC that after the grant of the EEA Family Permit they will go to the Dutch Embassy and get a Schengen visa to visit the wife in Netherlands for a few days, before the two of them go together to the UK.

John, sorry!... been there played that card! The BHC asked to come back with a Schengen visa first as the person in question had no prior journeys outside of the country... and also none to any (old)EU countries in the past 5 (or was it 3) years. That and due to the fact that France was going to be the first country of call.
Or indeed say that the flight to Europe will be to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, and then on to the UK, and the wife will be booked on to the NL-UK leg of the journey, so they will indeed enter the UK together
The OP can go down that route, if they do indeed have reservations for the same flight to show in case they do ask for it.
VictoriaS wrote:That's Islamabad for you, unfortunately they do this kind of thing all the time.

Victoria
Not just the BHC in ISB, but also the other Schengen countries as well are a bit stringent in issuing the first visa. The Dutch in UAE made a phone interview with the manager of the company issuing the letter of invitation quizzing him with all sort of information ranging from how long they have known the applicant, and sort of business they do with etc before issuing a 1 month visit visa.

[Edit done as earlier post made me sound arrogant... which I clearly am not]
Last edited by Docterror on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabi

nom_anwa
Newly Registered

thanks jnhn

Post by nom_anwa » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:53 pm

John wrote:Actually the INF18 guidance notes say :-
As a guide they should include:
  • proof of their relationship to you (for example, if they are your children, their birth certificates and your marriage certificate if it is your husband or wife)
  • evidence that you are in the UK, or intend to travel to the UK
  • a certified copy of your EEA passport, and
  • evidence that you have a right of residence in the UK.
So I am failing to see that the NL spouse actually needs to travel to the UK from Pakistan. But I agree, it would help if the NL spouse was already living in the UK. nom_anwa, any chance of her moving here to the UK before you make your application?
Thanks john,
ahh ok ya we are working on it that what way will be easer for us. ya its possible that she can move to uk before i submit application. how long she need to be in uk before we submit application?

As regards your questions, have a good read of the INF18 guidance notes.