ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

docs and funds for family visitor visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khimani.amir
Newly Registered

docs and funds for family visitor visa

Post by khimani.amir » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:57 pm

I got my british passport in june 2014 and i want to sponsor my sister(who is a divorcee), who lives with my parents in india and unemployed..following are my concerns:
1) my sister doesnt have her surname in her passport..will there be any problem with the visa?
2)i m attaching the following docs..plz let me know if thats enough:
a)myself and my wife's passport copy
b)6 months bank statements(mine and my wife's)
c) 6 months payslips(of myself and my wife's)
d) sponsor letter
e) tenancy agreement
f) no objection letter from landlord
g) employers letters( mine and my wife's..we both are part timers)
h) savings account of my sister(60000rupees)
i) divorce certificate

3) how much funds do i need to show? my account has been in negative last month..will that be any problem for visa?
4) do i need to maintain the funds for 3 months or so? or only the final balance is important?
5) my parents have fix deposits of 5000£ each..do i need to add their statements as well?

thnx in advance

khimani.amir
Newly Registered

Re: docs and funds for family visitor visa

Post by khimani.amir » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:22 pm

plz help me out...

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm afraid your sister needs to proof more than you've actually got,if you state she's unemployed,that will be taken as she won't be going back.if she's employed,then she needs to submit all or some of the docs you've got as well.
She is the one that needs to proof her finances and tie to her home country beyond reasonable doubt.

khimani.amir
Newly Registered

Post by khimani.amir » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:03 pm

thnx for ur reply...i have mentioned in the letter that she has to take care of our parents..so she will be returning back within 2 months..will that not be enough..

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 am

Honestly, it's not about what you tell them in the letter,if that's the case don't you think no one will be refused? It's about what you present to show this person will go back.
For instance,someone with a good job and earning will go back on probability than someone who hasn't.
That's my opinion, but you never know if you believe in doing it that way,all well and good.

khimani.amir
Newly Registered

Post by khimani.amir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 am

thnx Rayking..what do u think of the other documents? are they ok? i mean my bank account was in negative last month..but now has the balance of 3000£..