ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it do-able? T2 ICT to T2G DEP to T2 G

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ankjain

Is it do-able? T2 ICT to T2G DEP to T2 G

Post by ankjain » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Hello Friends & Respected Oracles :-)
I am currently in UK on T2 ICT Long Term stamped post 2011. Recently, my wife (who was on T2ICT Dependent) got a job where her employer has agreed to provide her CoS for T2 General. Regarding this please answer my doubts:
1) Can my wife apply for in country change of category i.e. T2 ICT Dependent to T2 General ?
2) If that is done, can I apply for change of my Visa category from T2 ICT to T2 General Dependent ? Can I apply from UK or have to apply from home country? Also, does that change contract between my and my current employer i.e. do they have to re-hire me or I can continue as such ?
3) Once on Tier 2 General Dependent I can change employer if I get CoS from new employer ?
4) If new employer agrees for my T2 General CoS then I can shift from T2 General Dependent to T2 General ? I can do that from UK itself ?

So, benefit is finally we both have T2 General and our stay starts to be counted towards ILR rather than on ICT where there is no real long term benefit.

Thanks v much.

ankjain

Re: Is it do-able? T2 ICT to T2G DEP to T2 G

Post by ankjain » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Gurus, please advise.

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:47 pm

1) Can my wife apply for in country change of category i.e. T2 ICT Dependent to T2 General ? Nope, entry clearance required

2) If that is done, can I apply for change of my Visa category from T2 ICT to T2 General Dependent ? Can I apply from UK or have to apply from home country? Also, does that change contract between my and my current employer i.e. do they have to re-hire me or I can continue as such ?
you can change your visa to T2 dependent inside the UK . Once changed you are no longer dependent on your current employer anymore as you will be on spouse dependent visa so the contract with your current employer obviously changes. its up to the understanding between you and your employer to decide if they want to keep you or not because you are no longer dependent on them (in other words under employer control). However u can change your employer in the UK with spouse dependent visa provided a new employer is willing to hire you.

3) Once on Tier 2 General Dependent I can change employer if I get CoS from new employer ?
you are allowed to work in the UK with T2 dependent visa with any employer who is willing to hire you (regardless of employer sponsoring (COS) your T2 general visa) .

4) If new employer agrees for my T2 General CoS then I can shift from T2 General Dependent to T2 General ? I can do that from UK itself ?
if someone wants to sponsor you a T2 general visa then i think answer is No, you can't change in country. entry clearance is required. (guru's pls confirm)

if you are going through this to gain ILR then you may also want to read the ILR salary requirement for 2018.

also do read the below forum topic,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 52454.html

ankjain

Post by ankjain » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks yk910
What salary requirement from 2018 mate ?

prasanta440
Newly Registered

Post by prasanta440 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:11 am

Hi yk910 ,

on point 4, does the cool off period apply. in case its applied does the applicant need to serve cool off period from home country or working in UK under depenedant visa for one year would qualify for cool off period.

Regards
Prasanta

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 am

prasanta440 wrote: on point 4, does the cool off period apply. in case its applied does the applicant need to serve cool off period from home country or working in UK under depenedant visa for one year would qualify for cool off period.
I am not really sure about this, will need advise from topic experts on this one.

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 am

ankjain wrote:Thanks yk910
What salary requirement from 2018 mate ?
Sorry, what i meant was if your wife manages to change to T2 general within this year then she will be eligible to apply ILR in 5 years time which would be roughly be around mid/late 2019, so to be on a safer side its worth reading the rules/requirements for that point in time beforehand to make the journey less painful.