ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolwind
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Query

Post by coolwind » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi All,

I will be going to India in the next few months for my marriage and will be applying for a Tier 1 Dependent visa for my wife after my marriage. Now, the visa guidance says that they require bank statements from last 3 months and a letter from the bank to confirm that the funds have been there since last 3 months. I will be going to India around 15 days prior to my marriage, so it would be around a month till I apply for the dependent visa.
I have a the following queries :

1. How old should be the bank statements and the letter from the bank? Do they require the very latest or is it ok if it is around a month old?
2. If they need the latest documents then I have to come back to UK to collect the documents and then send them to India for the visa application.Is it possible to make an arrangement in advance for this purpose?
3. Has anyone been in a similar situation before where you have applied for Tier 1 dependant visa immediately after marriage? Please let me know if you are aware of any workaround/solutions to these issues.

prakul
Newly Registered

your Query

Post by prakul » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:11 am

Hi,

I have provided my answer in lined: -
1. How old should be the bank statements and the letter from the bank? Do they require the very latest or is it ok if it is around a month old?
Ans : your any bank statement /letter should not be more than 30 days on the date of application.

2. If they need the latest documensts then I have to come back to UK to collect the documents and then send them to India for the visa applicatio n.Is it possible to make an arrangement in advance for this purpose?
Ans. Its better for you to come to UK. Arrange all bank statements, company letter, pay slips, house agreement etc than send to your wife for visa. You need to send all documents in original form.
3. Has anyone been in a similar situation before where you have applied for Tier 1 dependant visa immediately after marriage? Please let me know if you are aware of any workaround/solutions to these issues.
Ans. Don’t be in hurry. Take your time after marriage for visa application. You also need marriage certificate so it’s better to make that first after your marriage & keep you & your wife latest photographs for supporting your application.

I hope this will help you..

Cheers..

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks Prakul for replying to my query. I am planning to do the same for my application. Doing things in hurry may create complications.

instream
Newly Registered

Post by instream » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi,

I was in the same situation last year. Instead of coming back then sending the required bank documents, i have asked one of my friend to post my bank statement to my India address, it's arrived within a week.

I went to India on October 30th, my bank statement arrived my UK address on 6th November then my friend posted to India address, it's delivered on Nov 12th.. btw i got married on Nov 9th.

coolwind
United Kingdom

Re:

Post by coolwind » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks instream for your suggestion. Is it also possible to know the documents that you submitted for your application ?

coolwind
United Kingdom

Query about PBS dependant of ILR

Post by coolwind » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:16 am

Hi All,

I will be eligible for ILR next month as a Tier 1 General applicant. My wife is on a PBS dependent visa at present.
I have a couple of queries:

1. My wife's visa will expire in 2016. Do I need to apply for her extension as well or I can wait till 2016 till her visa expires and then apply for her visa extension?

2. Can I switch my wife's visa to ILR dependent or do I have extend her visa again as a PBS dependent? Has anyone managed to switch the visa from PBS dependent to ILR dependent using FLR(M)?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query about PBS dependant of ILR

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 am

When was your spouse granted PBS dep leave initially?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 am

It was January 2014.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 am

If she switches to FLR(M) it'll reset the 5 year clock and has both an English and Financial requirement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MK123
United Kingdom

Post by MK123 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Amber wrote:If she switches to FLR(M) it'll reset the 5 year clock and has both an English and Financial requirement.
Hi Amber, Can you please point me the document where I can find the reset clause? Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm

There's no rule to amalgamate the time under Appendix FM, thus it'll be reset.

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Amber,

Now that we know FLR ( M ) would reset the clock.

I am vaguely aware that, if Tier 1 (G) is granted the ILR, the dependent application should be same form as ILR i.e SET (O), but need to tick on the right option on the form, if applied seperately.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

Please correct if i am wrong. Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Indeed if a spouse/partner is settled as a PBS applicant any PBS deps May continue/extend as PBS deps and settle on SET(O) once eligible.

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Amber,

What i meant was, would the spouse of ILR person ( PBS) would extend their stay as PBS Dependent on SET (O) for?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:34 pm

coolwind
United Kingdom

PBS Dependant Extension

Post by coolwind » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi,

I in the process of applying PBS extension for my wife. I have ILR. I have completed the online form. The document checklist in the online form only mentions passport/BRP/photographs(applicant) and bank statements.

Do I have to submit other supporting documents like my passport and brp copy, council tax/electricity bills etc.?