ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application from Tier 2 Main and Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

george1981
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application from Tier 2 Main and Dependents

Post by george1981 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello,

I am requesting some information related to Tier 2 visa and ILR from other experienced contributors in this forum.

I am currently a Tier 2 visa main applicant with initial entry on 18-10-2009 which is further extended till 14-09-2014, short of a month to apply for ILR (:(). I have few questions.

1) Can I (and my dependents) apply for Tier 2 extension for over 3 years using the rules at the time of my first entry, 2009 (I understand it is not needed in my case)?

2) My wife initially came to UK as dependent on 11-07-2011 but had to go to home country on 20-06-2012 for maternity and renew her visa from outside UK on 03-12-2012. Can I count the time she spend in her initial stay towards ILR application or the clock will restart with her recent entry to UK (03-12-2012)?

3) If I change my visa to ILR after completion of residency requirement, Can my dependents, wife and child still stay in their Tier 2 dependent visa until they qualify for ILR residency requirement?

4) I read somewhere that a child cannot apply for ILR until BOTH parents apply/obtain ILR. Any changes to that?

Thanks a lot for your inputs…

Cheers,
George