ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

50/50 mortgage on a house, what to do ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rola2
Newly Registered

50/50 mortgage on a house, what to do ?

Post by Rola2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi,

I have a mortgage on a house with my uncle, but I want to bring my wife as dependent to uk, I am on Tier 2 General visa, now I am confused with accommodation requirements. Can I just send 50/50 mortgage document as accomodation proof ? as I cannot do any survey as I donot live there + if I live there house will be over populated.

Please guide.

Thanks you so much.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 50/50 mortgage on a house, what to do ?

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Your post is confusing. You say you want to show the property as proof of accommodation and then say that you can't live there as the property would be overcrowded.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Casa wrote:Your post is confusing. You say you want to show the property as proof of accommodation and then say that you can't live there as the property would be overcrowded.
Yes, this is because, I have a mortgage with my uncle on property, but I live in a rented room near my work at the moment, the room where I live they cannot provide me tenancy agreement, so I am thinking about showing mortgage document as accommodation proof. if I make any sense now :)

It's a double room in a three bedroom flat with one room empty, I can bring my wife here but I cannot tenancy agreement because of some reasons.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:03 pm

You can submit the mortgage agreement. As your uncle owns 50% if may be wise to ask him to provide a letter confirming that he has no objection to your wife living in the property with you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 am

There is every likelihood that the HO will want a coucil accommodation survey done as you are submitting a document that alludes to the fact that you are sharing a property with othets.
There is by all accounts room but you have not said how many people live in the co-mortgaged house. Remember the assuption will be you live there also.

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:There is every likelihood that the HO will want a coucil accommodation survey done as you are submitting a document that alludes to the fact that you are sharing a property with othets.
There is by all accounts room but you have not said how many people live in the co-mortgaged house. Remember the assuption will be you live there also.
So does that means, I shouldn't submit any document to accommodation at all ? :cry:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Submit the mortgage agreement + a letter from your uncle. It may help if you have an accommodation survey to show the property won't be overcrowded. The council or an estate agent (for a fee) may do this for you.
(Casa, not CR001)

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Casa wrote:Submit the mortgage agreement + a letter from your uncle. It may help if you have an accommodation survey to show the property won't be overcrowded. The council or an estate agent (for a fee) may do this for you.
Thank you cosa, but problem is there are 3 rooms in house and 5 people living there.

My Uncle his wife and there three children age(16, 14, 6) now council survey will say, there is no more space for me and my partner, so I can't get survey done :(

I am so confused now. :roll:

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:There is every likelihood that the HO will want a coucil accommodation survey done as you are submitting a document that alludes to the fact that you are sharing a property with othets.
What if I don't submit mortgage papers and make a tenancy agreement with my uncle for the property or maybe just a room ? would that going to work.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:33 pm

If you make a tenancy agreement you would still have to show how many people are living in the property. It looks as if you should find other accommodation that would be more suitable for you and your wife.
(Casa, not CR001)

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Casa wrote:If you make a tenancy agreement you would still have to show how many people are living in the property. It looks as if you should find other accommodation that would be more suitable for you and your wife.
Hi Casa,

I was wrong about number of rooms, They have 3 rooms and a large living room, I was this guide,

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

It says that,

"Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet and rooms of a type used either as a living room or bedroom."

So this means they have 4 rooms including living room.

Now I am not sure what documents I need to attach to attach with my application.

Thank you soooo much.

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Casa wrote:If you make a tenancy agreement you would still have to show how many people are living in the property. It looks as if you should find other accommodation that would be more suitable for you and your wife.

Please pleaseeeeeeeee guide, i am sooooo confused now :(

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:46 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Amber,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I already read the article, Based on the article it seems like I would be alright e.g. using living room as a bedroom, however I am still confused if tier 2 must has to prove accommodation is available.

I am going to attach a bank statement of £ 15K and also a letter from my uncle stating that he has no obligation for me bringing my wife here.

I hope it all goes well.

Rola2
Newly Registered

Post by Rola2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Also the link you sent me seems to be linking to Spouse visa not dependent visa.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Sorry I assumed because Casa was commenting it related to a spouse/partner rather than PBS dep.

No accommodation requirement, rather there is a specific maintenance requirement, see https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.