ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we both need sickness insurance?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fromdenmark

Do we both need sickness insurance?

Post by fromdenmark » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:26 am

Hi. I'm from Denmark and my wife is from USA. We got married in Denmark, and have been living in the UK for about 1½ years. I hope that at some point (when we've been here for 5 years?), my wife can apply for a British Citizenship, giving her both an American and a British Citizenship. That should be possible right?

We both got a comprehensive sickness insurance from AXA shortly after we moved here, before starting to apply for her visa (which she has gotten). I started to wonder though, if we need to maintain that sickness insurance, and if so, is it just her who needs it, or do I need to maintain it too?

Thank you very much :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Do we both need sickness insurance?

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 am

As the EU National, are you employed?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fromdenmark

Post by fromdenmark » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Casa wrote:As the EU National, are you employed?
No I'm on disability from Denmark, so I think we got her visa on me being self-sufficient.

fromdenmark

Post by fromdenmark » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Anyone? Thank you.