ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need guidance: Tier 2 ICT dependant --> Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emceez
Newly Registered

Need guidance: Tier 2 ICT dependant --> Tier 2 General

Post by emceez » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi,

I moved to UK in March under Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff Partner visa as my wife had got an onsite opportunity here in UK. I managed to find a job in a company who are licensed sponsors of Tier 2 General visa. Our visas were sponsored by my wife's company and was valid till end of the year. But due to some problems in her project, my wife is being asked to return back within the next 2 months or so.

I wanted to know what is the procedure for me to get a Tier 2 general visa through my company and how can I get my wife as a dependant?

Would the process differ if my wife is still working in the UK or returned back by the time i get my visa?

Any advice/guidance would be very helpful.

Regards,
Manish

emceez
Newly Registered

Re: Need guidance: Tier 2 ICT dependant --> Tier 2 General

Post by emceez » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi,

I did figure out the process where in my company has to provide me a CoS and I will have to go back and re-apply for entry clearance. Hope my understanding is correct.

But I still have one question, I have joined my company very recently less than 2 months back, do they still need to do a new Resident Labour Market Test and only then apply for CoS or can they use the same job advertisement for which I was recruited.

Any suggestions on this would help.

Regards,
Manish

emceez
Newly Registered

Re: Need guidance: Tier 2 ICT dependant --> Tier 2 General

Post by emceez » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 am

Hi,

My employer has applied for my CoS, I have a couple of questions.

Are there any chances of it getting rejected?
How long does it usually take for me to get the CoS?
I want to apply for my visa as soon as i get my CoS. My wife is still working for her employer with the CoS assigned to her. What happens to that CoS, should we inform her company before applying for our visa?

Kindly reply.

Regards,
Manish