ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:10 pm

mind202 wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:By The grace of Allah Swt i got my ILR approved today.

My case was very complicated i was on section 3c and 3d since March 2012.. But Allhumdulliah I got visa after 28 months. First i was on appeal of PSW since March 2012 then i appealed and lost my appeal First tier tribunal and upper Tier tribunal. Then i put my case to COA and when my ten years completed i withdrawn my appeal and put fresh application of ILR and Allhmdulliah i got today.

Applied on 17 March 2014
Biometric done 29 March 2014
Biometric Card recieved today Dated 18 July 2014
Documents Still waiting.

Goodluck to everyone and whoever waiting Inshalla you all be getting soon.
Jazak Allah Kher Everyone this forum is brilliant and heled me a lot. Thanks a lot Amber especially.

Best Regards

Have you got your BRP first or altogether with documents. I think both they come in different delivery packages . yes
Hassan
Congratulations bro...please rememeber us in ur prayers
Jazak Allah Yes you all are in my prayers, Inshalla You will be getting soon good news

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi guys!

just ring HO. the gentleman said, 'its progressing' and you will be contacted in due course.
what this means? Is this similar to the answer 'pending' that i heard all the time? Any ideas?

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Guys just wanted to share my experience of PEO croydon for mu wife FLR ( M ). 
First of all I dont know why people dont say the truth.
Even security Guards were aware of 6 April Rule forget about case workers.
Any way I been there with solicitor I thought he might convince them ...Got the token...Next counter submit the caae in the system....Next Biometric...Next waiting in the cafeteria plz keep in mind we didnt fill section 7 A according to the form as my wife is pre 9 july 2012 , while waiting in the caferteria my solicitor got a call from case wrker saying that every thing is fine all docs but why you didnt fill section 7 A , solicitor replied according to form I shouldnt be filling that section but he CW replied the rule has been changed so u cannot amalgate the time spent on PBS , u should have wait for next year to qualify for ILR as my wife was On tier 1 dependent but unfortunately I went for Long Residency basis and the rule changed.My 
Solicitor said what about transitional arrangement CS replied rule changed from 6 April. My solicitor asked can I come and c u he replied u can but it wont make any change as the rule changed than my solicitor said ok can I come and fill that section he said no thats fine I will put a note on it as ur client is fullfills the 18600 k requiremeny.Visa granted but have to wait for another 5 yrrs to get ILR.
Moral story to share this with u guys to prapared ur mind for 5 years and dont take solicitor with u bcoz its just a waste of money.Any way best of Luck guys if u guys have got any question u r wellcome to ask.

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:30 pm

khanzada123 wrote:Guys just wanted to share my experience of PEO croydon for mu wife FLR ( M ). 
Any way I been there with solicitor I thought he might convince them ...Got the token...Next counter submit the caae in the system....Next Biometric...Next waiting in the cafeteria plz keep in mind we didnt fill section 7 A according to the form as my wife is pre 9 july 2012 , while waiting in the caferteria my solicitor got a call from case wrker saying that every thing is fine all docs but why you didnt fill section 7 A , solicitor replied according to form I shouldnt be filling that section but he CW replied the rule has been changed so u cannot amalgate the time spent on PBS , u should have wait for next year to qualify for ILR as my wife was On tier 1 dependent but unfortunately I went for Long Residency basis and the rule changed.My 
Solicitor said what about transitional arrangement CS replied rule changed from 6 April. My solicitor asked can I come and c u he replied u can but it wont make any change as the rule changed than my solicitor said ok can I come and fill that section he said no thats fine I will put a note on it as ur client is fullfills the 18600 k requiremeny.Visa granted but have to wait for another 5 yrrs to get ILR.
Moral story to share this with u guys to prapared ur mind for 5 years and dont take solicitor with u bcoz its just a waste of money.Any way best of Luck guys if u guys have got any question u r wellcome to ask.
thankyou khanzada123 for sharing your valuable experience with us. best wishes for you.

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi khanzada123,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you tell me what your approval letter says? Does it say you can apply after 2 years?

My husbands letter says 2 years but the brp is 2.5 years.

We have a peo booked to try set m application based on the letter but I'm wondering if it's best to just cancel the appointment.

Thanks

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Lemar wrote:Hi khanzada123,

Can you tell me what your approval letter says? Does it say you can apply after 2 years?

We have a peo booked to try set m application based on the letter but I'm wondering if it's best to just cancel the appointment.

Thanks
Hello
Lemar wrote:Hi khanzada123,

Thanks
Hello Lemar, there is no harm in trying. Just give it a try and see what happens. I believe you will get it approved. Since your letter says you should apply after 2 years.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi Spartacus,

Do you know whether all letters say 2 years and then it depends on the brp?

I used a solicitor for flr m and when I asked about the letter saying 2 years, the solicitor said that everyone gets that letter because the home office are using an old letter.

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Lemar....Every one is getting same letter ...these are old lettters ...But there is no harm in trying or u will lose £100 or u might get it...if u get it than we will go for it tooo.

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Thanks for the replies.

One member actually lost the complete fee which concerns me.

We have an appointment at the settlement checking service this week and peo next week.

Will update you guys

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Lemar,

Isn't the settlement check service only for postal applications as the council itself verifies your documents and then sends it to the Home Office ?

Or you can go to the PEO also with the settlement check service ?
Lemar wrote:Thanks for the replies.

One member actually lost the complete fee which concerns me.

We have an appointment at the settlement checking service this week and peo next week.

Will update you guys

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi

If you are using form set m then you can use the checking service and they will prepare everything for your peo appointment.

They also offer the postal option as you mentioned.

I'm not sure which other applications they offer the service for.

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

khanzada123 wrote:Guys just wanted to share my experience of PEO croydon for mu wife FLR ( M ). 
Hi Khanzada123
congrats for getting your wife's visa sorted can you please help me with these questions . i believe you may know this to some extent
what changes has taken place for dependents, do they have to be in UK with main applicant (10 year route) for more the 5 year or can They apply without any time constraint and is it compulsory to change the status of dependent within 28 days of receiving 10 year long residence ilr even if they have a valid leave to remain left

Thank You

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks for your message.

So do they (Settlement check service) check whether SET(M) is the right application to apply for ILR ? Do they also see whether you have qualified for ILR or not ? eg- ILR(LR) dependants have to now wait for for 5 years regardless whether they came before July 2012 or not ?

Are you applying through SET(M) form ?
Lemar wrote:Hi

If you are using form set m then you can use the checking service and they will prepare everything for your peo appointment.

March10LR
Newly Registered

Post by March10LR » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:40 pm

I was due September 2013, but did not apply until 10 March 2014, as needed my passport for work in December and January. I did Biometrics on 20th March. Since them it has been a waiting game. I even applied for them to expedite my application as I needed my passport to attend two conferences this month. Unfortunately Home Office responded saying my reasons were not compelling even though I was due to speak at both of them.

During the last two weeks, I have been chasing up with phones every monday and wednesday but keep getting the usual four liner...your application is in process etc. Made my routine call a few minutes ago and was given a tracking number for Royal mail (I can't recollect now but I think I actually bought a return SD envelope for my documents - not taking any risks with my certificates).

I was expecting the usual words... but then she asks me to confirm my address and says a package had been sent yesterday. I collect the tracking number and Royal Mail reveals that an attempt to deliver your item was made on 23/07/14 but we were unable to deliver as there was no access to the delivery address. You can arrange a redelivery online, call the xxxx office to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from xxx by bringing proof of identification and address...

Unfortunately their office hours are 7 -1pm, and 3:15 - 8pm on wednesday....

This wait is killing me. What am I supposed to do till 3.15 pm? Maybe I will just go for a nice walk in the warm sunshine as I definitely can't do any work now.

Whewwwww just glad I am getting to the end of this journey!

I have gone through every emotion known to man :lol: :D :) :( :o :o :shock: :? 8) :x :cry: :mrgreen: :roll: :!: :?: :idea:
Last edited by March10LR on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Lemar I think if we get togather we can take sue them why they are issuing us old letters which say 2 years instead of correct lettter.U can take approval letter with u if they refused and tell them I applied according to the approval lettter.

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:48 pm

die_hard wrote:Thanks for your message.

So do they (Settlement check service) check whether SET(M) is the right application to apply for ILR ? Do they also see whether you have qualified for ILR or not ? eg- ILR(LR) dependants have to now wait for for 5 years regardless whether they came before July 2012 or not ?

Are you applying through SET(M) form ?
Lemar wrote:Hi

Hi

I think that they check if we have correct form and whether we are eligible to apply.

Yes we are using form set m.

I will discuss it with them tomorrow and let you know the outcome

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:51 pm

March10LR wrote:I was due September 2013, but did not apply until 10 March 2014, as needed my passport for work in December and January. I did Biometrics on 20th March. Since them it has been a waiting game. I even applied for them to expedite my application as I needed my passport to attend two conferences this month. Unfortunately Home Office responded saying my reasons were not compelling even though I was due to speak at both of them.

During the last two weeks, I have been chasing up with phones every monday and wednesday but keep getting the usual four liner...your application is in process etc. Made my routine call a few minutes ago and was given a tracking number for Royal mail (I can't recollect now but I think I actually bought a return SD envelope for my documents - not taking any risks with my certificates).

I was expecting the usual words... but then she asks me to confirm my address and says a package had been sent yesterday. I collect the tracking number and Royal Mail reveals that an attempt to deliver your item was made on 23/07/14 but we were unable to deliver as there was no access to the delivery address. You can arrange a redelivery online, call the xxxx office to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from xxx by bringing proof of identification and address...

Unfortunately their office hours are 7 -1pm, and 3:15 - 8pm on wednesday....

This wait is killing me. What am I supposed to do till 3.15 pm? Maybe I will just go for a nice walk in the warm sunshine as I definitely can't do any work now.

Whewwwww just glad I am getting to the end of this journey!

I have gone throw every emotion known to man :lol: :D :) :( :o :o :shock: :? 8) :x :cry: :mrgreen: :roll: :!: :?: :idea:

@ march10lr

Congratulation bro,

Finally its on its way or u can say miss the good news yesterday :P don't worry approval will be with you in day or two :)

update us and keep pray for other fellow members ,

@ all members ,

Congratulation who has recieved their reply in last and this week .....

some one has again mess up with the google spreadsheet :twisted:

please don't mess up with it if you don't know how to do ...

Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:21 pm

khanzada123 wrote:Lemar I think if we get togather we can take sue them why they are issuing us old letters which say 2 years instead of correct lettter.U can take approval letter with u if they refused and tell them I applied according to the approval lettter.
hello Khanzada123 and lemar,
I am back in the forum after a while, looks like there are new players about, just a quick question to both of you, although both your dependents got old letters saying they can apply after 2 years, what about the actual BRP ? How long is that issued for ??
I am asking this question because if it is issued for 2.5 years than it's crystal clear that the Home Office is dealing with you according to Appendix FM which is the new rule, and in that the settlement is after 5 years. There is an outside chance that if you get a new case worker, and there have been cases where members got lucky and get the settlement, but that will be a rare possibility now I would say, as the rule is there for a while now. I will be waiting for your reply. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Heartiest congratulations to Hassan Bahi, and the same to insomnia, don't worry it will be good news INSHALLAH. Enjoy your freedom, any body getting it through long residency is a well deserved, well earned ILR.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Tracking numbers are active on their website, sometimes after 16 to 18 hours of dispatch. InshaAllah u will all get approval letters :)
BRP and documents arrive in different parcels. For BRP make sure to give a valid ID/credit card to whoever will be at home and will be receiving it for you. The person who delivered BRP ( he was not from royalmail) wanted to see my husbands' ID.

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Wellcome back dear brother Shahjee.....Hopes ur family back home are fine.
Shahjee BRP says 2.5 yrs but lettter says 2 years.Still we cab fight according to there official lettter.Because it doesnt say follow 2.5 yeears visa. What would u suggest Shahjee.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:08 pm

khanzada123 wrote:Wellcome back dear brother Shahjee.....Hopes ur family back home are fine.
Shahjee BRP says 2.5 yrs but lettter says 2 years.Still we cab fight according to there official lettter.Because it doesnt say follow 2.5 yeears visa. What would u suggest Shahjee.
Khanzada Bahi,
Thanks a lot, every one was fine back home. Regards to your dependents, if the visa they got was for 2.5 years than it was a crystal clear case under the new rules of Appendix FM, there were members in the beginning days of this rule change, who applied and got SET(M) and that was for the reason that Home Office staff was not very well trained and they didn't know how to implement the new rule at that time, but as I said time has passed now and the staff is now well aware of the new rule change, and looks like they are strongly implementing it now.
To take the matter to the court, and rely on the letter, I don't think it is a strong enough ground, Home Office can always rely on their BRP card that it was issued for 2.5 years hence clearly Appendix FM case. You better wait and see what happens in case of lemar dependents, as they have got the same 2.5 years on their BRP, let's see what happens. And than you can also follow the same steps. I wish you all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:16 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:Heartiest congratulations to Hassan Bahi, and the same to insomnia, don't worry it will be good news INSHALLAH. Enjoy your freedom, any body getting it through long residency is a well deserved, well earned ILR.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Shahgee welcome back

Really nice to hear from you after a while. we missed you here really. Hope all fine back home. i am still waiting for my package . hopefully will get soon In Sha Allah. Anyways keep praying for us.

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:23 pm

aurnoc wrote:Tracking numbers are active on their website, sometimes after 16 to 18 hours of dispatch. InshaAllah u will all get approval letters :)
BRP and documents arrive in different parcels. For BRP make sure to give a valid ID/credit card to whoever will be at home and will be receiving it for you. The person who delivered BRP ( he was not from royalmail) wanted to see my husbands' ID.

Thanks Sister

I applied through a Solicitor friend. He haven't received anything today. Prem Singh advised me to check with DX. I rang and ask for any details but they said nothing showing on the system even on the Solicitor,s address.That,s made me a little worry. Anyways hope well In Sha Allah. Pray for me . I will update as soon as i receive my package.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Shahgee welcome back

Really nice to hear from you after a while. we missed you here really. Hope all fine back home. i am still waiting for my package . hopefully will get soon In Sha Allah. Anyways keep praying for us.

it's good to be welcomed back my brother, you are in my prayers, it will definitely be good news INSHALLAH. Keep us posted.
Kind regards
Shahjee