ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leis

English language requirement

Post by Leis » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi
My son is 18 years old now and he is going to apply citizenship in a couple of months time. He is studying in UK for the past 5 years time.
1. Does he need to pass an English language test? Or
2. Can he provide supporting docs for his study in English?

Thanks & Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: English language requirement

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:48 pm

He needs to pass both the Life in the UK and B1 level English test. His previous English study would only be accepted if he had a degree.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

northstar212
Newly Registered

Post by northstar212 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 pm

He needs both Life in the UK test and English test as he is above 18, or ESOL which will cover both.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:24 pm

No, ESOL won't cover both. Both Life in the UK and B1 level English. The Life in the UK test isn't an English language test as such. It tests the knowledge of British law, customs, history and politics.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

northstar212
Newly Registered

Post by northstar212 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 am

Casa wrote:No, ESOL won't cover both. Both Life in the UK and B1 level English. The Life in the UK test isn't an English language test as such. It tests the knowledge of British law, customs, history and politics.
Sorry about that wrong info. I remembered I heard that somewhere... I didn't mean Life in the UK test is an English test though, I meant ESOL is waiving the Life in the UK. Although I may be wrong.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:23 pm

No it doesn't. Previously it was an option but no longer. Both are required.
(Casa, not CR001)