ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Migrating to new zealand

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srilankan78
Newly Registered

Migrating to new zealand

Post by srilankan78 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:27 am

Hi

I have an Engineering degree(Electrical) from UET,Lahore. On the immigration wesite of new zealand ,Pakistani degrees are not listed as recognized.Under these circumstances What are the chances for me to migrate and if I migrate what are the chances of finding a job and doing higher studies.

thanks

Eternal_Howl
Newly Registered

Post by Eternal_Howl » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am

If your degree is not recognised, chances are that if you come to NZ then you would have to resit your degree in NZ to get recognised. I have worked with immigrants that had big jobs in their former countries and came here and were reduced to factory labour while they went for their degree here. Just something to think about.

You cannot legally work here unless you have a work permit. You can study here, but the fees for foreign students are higher than for NZ residents/citizens.

Unless you have a work/family sponsor, qualify for the skilled migrant category, a working holiday exchange or a lot of money, it can be hard to gain long term entry into New Zealand. Sorry if this sounds negative. it's not impossible, but it will take longer, that's all.

EUCitizen
Newly Registered

my dearest

Post by EUCitizen » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:52 pm

With your electrical degree from UET in Kandahar you can only dream about coming to NZ. Just for your information, Kiwis have the most excelent scientists and engineers in the World as well as the most wonderful waterfront in the World, in Auckland. Recently, Kiwi scientists launched their first rocket onto the orbit. The rocket was technolgical miracle, made from a Chinese firework. Unfortunatelly, shit happened and rocket get lost.
Kiwis have also one of the most developed satellite technologies. You can see satellite dishes almost everywhere on their technologicaly advanced woody houses.
So, stop dreaming and look for something else.
Cheers!

Group8
Newly Registered

Post by Group8 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 am

Hi, I`ll finish my diploma in December in Australia and I `d like to apply for Pr in New Zealand.How is it possible.I have studied bakery/pastry combined. What does it mean stage 2?Do I need to do the job ready program here in Australia before?
Thanks in advance

EUCitizen
Newly Registered

Post by EUCitizen » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Ah, Group8, you seem like an intelligent person, therefore I think there is no problem for Kiwis to accept you. I also hope that you know how to make chemical bread, since that is Kiwis' favourite! The more additives and strange substances they mix in it, the better. Bread in Kiwiland is really a tricky business and it needs to be super super soft, almost like dough, otherwise Kiwis don't toch it.
Nevertheless, just because they are so awesome, Kiwis don't have enough people for real jobs, such as doctors, scientists, etc. and the remaining ones are always ready to grab a position anywhere else in the world, if the can find any. From what I know, bakers are not on their list of needed people ("shortage of skills list" as they sophisticatedly call it) but you may have a look provided their Immigration site actually works, sometimes it doesn't, just as Internet in Kiwiland, perhaps the slowest and most unreliable on the planet (www.immigration.govt.nz)
If I were you I'd secure a job before fancying to move to the Kiwiland or even better I'd take a 2 weeks holiday to see the country better before deciding to run for it. During the holiday you might actually get an offer in a bakery.
However be prepared to pass your bakery classes again in the Kiwiland cause the Kiwis generally don't recognise other diplomas but their own. That is because Kiwis know best in everything, especially when they are in their own country. When they are abroad, well... that's a very different matter.
So good luck and if you are a driver remember to run over anything moving on the street (you can try avoyiding people time to time) cause in Kiwiland everything that crosses the road is generally a pest and needs to be killed at once!

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 pm

EUCitizen - you're an idiot :twisted:

Signed

A Highly Intelligent New Zealander with a world class NZ degree and a love for soft doughy bread whilst sitting in my technologically advance wooden house.

EUCitizen
Newly Registered

Post by EUCitizen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:34 am

kiwigirl25 wrote:EUCitizen - you're an idiot :twisted:

Signed

A Highly Intelligent New Zealander with a world class NZ degree and a love for soft doughy bread whilst sitting in my technologically advance wooden house.
You see, Group8, this message so kindly delivered to us by kiwigirl25 (actually a very sexually confused man, with a world class degree, sitting on his awesome dunny with the door wide open, overlooking the many, many, many sheep and cows) just proves my point. Wonder where the hack he found Internet there. Perhaps he had to move to Oz to source some, but these are irrelevant questions of course. Fabulous!

sunflower_utopia
Newly Registered

Post by sunflower_utopia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm new here, so hello everyone!
I'm an EU citizen and i travelled some ... so, i had the chance to see that each country have good and bad sides.. Anyway, i want to emigrate from my country because here there are no real chances to develop a carrier if you don't have high relationships, even if you have degrees and willing...I thought about new zealand, i thought it's a great country. I must mention that i wasn't there before. So, i start digging for more informations, but i am a little disapointed about what i find out. I'm a little confused... is there really so bad there? can someone help me figure this out? Maybe i must say also that my goal isn't to be reach, i just want to live in a better place, where people have another mentality, a place where you can pay your bills and be yourself!
thanks, and have a nice day !