ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Tier 2 (Conditional offer)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NMohammed
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 to Tier 2 (Conditional offer)

Post by NMohammed » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi,

I will be very thankful if you guys can help me out

My Situation
My wife is currently holding Tier 2 (General) Visa provided by her current employer (Company A)
Now she has a conditional offer from another employer (Company B) and the condition is that,full offer will be sent only after getting Tier 2 (General) on the COS issue by them (Company B).
The joining date for the new job is Sept 1st and the notice period at her current employer is 1 weak so she has more than a month to switch visa.

we are thinking to take the following steps
1.New employer's solicitor will apply Tier 2 for her.
2.VISA will be granted and biometric card will be received
3.Full offer will be sent to her.
4.she will accept the full offer and will resign at Company A by serving 1 week notice period.
5.Will join Company B on Sept 1st

My Questions
1.Are above steps OK?
2.Is it safe to switch visa based on conditional offer?
Conditional offer was first offered by phone and then followed by an email stating that they are offering the job with visa condition.Except the Visa condition no other terms and conditions/clauses were sent with the email.
3.After switching the Visa to new employer,if the new employer does not send her full offer or withdraws the conditional offer for any reason,will she be able to continue working for her current employer?

Thanks!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 2 (Conditional offer)

Post by iworker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 am

I would say that the above steps are the only right steps and most safe for you as well.
Do not resign from current job until new visa received.