ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:32 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:Heartiest congratulations to Hassan Bahi, and the same to insomnia, don't worry it will be good news INSHALLAH. Enjoy your freedom, any body getting it through long residency is a well deserved, well earned ILR.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thank you very much ShahJee welcome back bro.. Jazak Allah Kher. Hope you having nice time back home.

Best Regards

March10LR
Newly Registered

Post by March10LR » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello again everyone,

Congratulations are in order. Picked up the package containing my ILR approval letter and documents. I feel so happy ... Now will be stuck at home awaiting my BRP.

Hopefully the wait will not be too long. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My prayers are with everyone waiting. You will all smile like I am smiling now. Good luck!

Mine was a straight forward case so I don't know why they took so much time.

Arrived UK on 16 September 2003
On Student Visa till August 2009 when I switched to Post Study vi
After I year I switched from Post Study to Tier 1 (General) initial grant in 2010
in 2012, I did Tier 1 General - extension (which was valid till 2015 and in March 2014, I applied for ILR

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Congratulations Bro

Most of us have straightforward cases. Still taking too long. In last 10 years thats the only visa took so long. In Sha Allah post you good news soon. Thanks for keep me in your prayers all of you.

Enjoy your freedom brother. Good luck for your future

saj2014
Newly Registered

Post by saj2014 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Case submitted on 4th April 2014
Acknowledgement on 8th April 2014
Biometric done on 24th April 2014
still waiting for the result

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Nopes you wouldn't get it done. As I had a same problem letter said 2 yrs and BRP was 2.5 yrs for Mrs. I raised Administrative review and after so many phone and email conversations they said they sent 2 yrs letter by mistake. There is no Harm in trying but I dont think it will work.

Spatacus wrote:
Lemar wrote:Hi khanzada123,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you tell me what your approval letter says? Does it say you can apply after 2 years?

My husbands letter says 2 years but the brp is 2.5 years.

We have a peo booked to try set m application based on the letter but I'm wondering if it's best to just cancel the appointment.

Thanks

Hello Lemar, there is no harm in trying. Just give it a try and see what happens. I believe you will get it approved. Since your letter says you should apply after 2 years.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Guys be very careful as I have been discussing this matter with HO for last couple of months. Approval Letter does not say any time duration for your Visa. its the guidance notes. On the basis of Guidance notes you cant sue them as its just an Administrative mistake.
shahjee1234 wrote:
khanzada123 wrote:Lemar I think if we get togather we can take sue them why they are issuing us old letters which say 2 years instead of correct lettter.U can take approval letter with u if they refused and tell them I applied according to the approval lettter.
hello Khanzada123 and lemar,
I am back in the forum after a while, looks like there are new players about, just a quick question to both of you, although both your dependents got old letters saying they can apply after 2 years, what about the actual BRP ? How long is that issued for ??
I am asking this question because if it is issued for 2.5 years than it's crystal clear that the Home Office is dealing with you according to Appendix FM which is the new rule, and in that the settlement is after 5 years. There is an outside chance that if you get a new case worker, and there have been cases where members got lucky and get the settlement, but that will be a rare possibility now I would say, as the rule is there for a while now. I will be waiting for your reply. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Guys its not the Approval letter its the guidance notes which is not correct. Approval letter dose not have any time period stated.

khanzada123 wrote:Wellcome back dear brother Shahjee.....Hopes ur family back home are fine.
Shahjee BRP says 2.5 yrs but lettter says 2 years.Still we cab fight according to there official lettter.Because it doesnt say follow 2.5 yeears visa. What would u suggest Shahjee.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Glad to see that Shahjee sail back to forum :D :). Shahjee on new set (LR) a new question (D#14) about ties with country born/where lived 5 years, what's your view as how should it be replied.

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Post by littlemaiden » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Hello, I'm new to this particular topic. Please what is this Google drive you've been talking about and can I get access to it?
I'm preparing my documents for ILR Long Residence. Thanks.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Lemar wrote:Hi Spartacus,

Do you know whether all letters say 2 years and then it depends on the brp?

I used a solicitor for flr m and when I asked about the letter saying 2 years, the solicitor said that everyone gets that letter because the home office are using an old letter.
Hi Lemar
Thats correct. I think Home Office is using a standard letter for everyone. Both the 2years and 2.5Year.
However , if your letter says 2yrs then your BRP should be 2yrs as well.
Hope this helps
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Congrats Hassan

I am really happy for you that is great news i was so furstated this week calling HO again again and same reply in progress but ur case give hope to all of us

enjoy ur freedom and pray for all of us

Regards
hassan5805 wrote:By The grace of Allah Swt i got my ILR approved today.

My case was very complicated i was on section 3c and 3d since March 2012.. But Allhumdulliah I got visa after 28 months. First i was on appeal of PSW since March 2012 then i appealed and lost my appeal First tier tribunal and upper Tier tribunal. Then i put my case to COA and when my ten years completed i withdrawn my appeal and put fresh application of ILR and Allhmdulliah i got today.

Applied on 17 March 2014
Biometric done 29 March 2014
Biometric Card recieved today Dated 18 July 2014
Documents Still waiting.

Goodluck to everyone and whoever waiting Inshalla you all be getting soon.
Jazak Allah Kher Everyone this forum is brilliant and heled me a lot. Thanks a lot Amber especially.

Best Regards
Hassan

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:05 pm

hassan5805 wrote:By The grace of Allah Swt i got my ILR approved today.

My case was very complicated i was on section 3c and 3d since March 2012.. But Allhumdulliah I got visa after 28 months. First i was on appeal of PSW since March 2012 then i appealed and lost my appeal First tier tribunal and upper Tier tribunal. Then i put my case to COA and when my ten years completed i withdrawn my appeal and put fresh application of ILR and Allhmdulliah i got today.

Applied on 17 March 2014
Biometric done 29 March 2014
Biometric Card recieved today Dated 18 July 2014
Documents Still waiting.

Goodluck to everyone and whoever waiting Inshalla you all be getting soon.
Jazak Allah Kher Everyone this forum is brilliant and heled me a lot. Thanks a lot Amber especially.

Best Regards
Hassan
Congratulations Mate. Godo Luck for the Future

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm

scorpio81 wrote:Alhumdulillah by the grace of Almighty Allah my SET(LR) has been approved.

Just got the news from my lawyer today. The letter is dated 18th July.

Following is my timeline

Application submitted 10 March 2014
Acknowledgement Rec 17 March 2014
Biometrics Rec 25 March 2014
Biometrics Done 25 March 2014
Approval Letter dated 18 July 2014

All the best for everyone waiting.
Congratulations and Good Luck for the future

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Frustrated Days . Sick of calling HO Everyday as i am starting panicing now . applied 13/03/2014 and no sign of any news . Anyway
Congratulations to everyone who got rid of this hell . Stay blessed and May ALLAH bless you guys with success. In this Holy Month of
Rmazan successful guys please remember to pray for all those waiting in queue as it is a proper pain.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Guys its just the Guidance notes not the Approval letter. You cannot sue HO on the bases of Guidance notes simple is that and HO is not obliged to give you 2 yrs visa as they sent you wrong set of guidance notes with approval letter.
Spatacus wrote:
Lemar wrote:Hi Spartacus,

Do you know whether all letters say 2 years and then it depends on the brp?

I used a solicitor for flr m and when I asked about the letter saying 2 years, the solicitor said that everyone gets that letter because the home office are using an old letter.
Hi Lemar
Thats correct. I think Home Office is using a standard letter for everyone. Both the 2years and 2.5Year.
However , if your letter says 2yrs then your BRP should be 2yrs as well.
Hope this helps

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 pm

congrats bro thats great news

this week home office wake up from long sleep thats good for march applicant.

wish you good luck for future and enjoy and remember us in ur prayers

Regards
March10LR wrote:Hello again everyone,

Congratulations are in order. Picked up the package containing my ILR approval letter and documents. I feel so happy ... Now will be stuck at home awaiting my BRP.

Hopefully the wait will not be too long. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My prayers are with everyone waiting. You will all smile like I am smiling now. Good luck!

Mine was a straight forward case so I don't know why they took so much time.

Arrived UK on 16 September 2003
On Student Visa till August 2009 when I switched to Post Study vi
After I year I switched from Post Study to Tier 1 (General) initial grant in 2010
in 2012, I did Tier 1 General - extension (which was valid till 2015 and in March 2014, I applied for ILR

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:23 pm

shahjee and kashif thanks u guys are back

u been missed so much.hope u will stay with us during this hard time.

best of luck

Regards

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Dear shahjee

Thank you for pm, i am replying but looks like my pm system is not working and message got stuck in outbox folder as always, can you plz contact me at my email allwell46@yahoo.com

Can the admin plz fix my pm system

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi Guys
Just tracked my application on Royal Mail Website this is the message so just wanted to share as i have send return envelope
applied on 13 March 2014. Lets see what is inside when i receive it back may be tomorrow

We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 24/07/14. If you have purchased Saturday guarantee, your delivery will be guaranteed on Saturday

Last update: 24 July 2014, 01:00pm

REgards

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Congrats in advance

mskhan78 wrote:Hi Guys
Just tracked my application on Royal Mail Website this is the message so just wanted to share as i have send return envelope
applied on 13 March 2014. Lets see what is inside when i receive it back may be tomorrow

We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 24/07/14. If you have purchased Saturday guarantee, your delivery will be guaranteed on Saturday

REgards

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks but still thinking what should be inside the package. Anyway many thanks and may GOD bless everyone waiting
prem_singh123 wrote:Congrats in advance

REgards

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Congrats Mate it will be a long night I believe but hopefully it will with a great news.......

REgards

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks KashRiz Bro you are right it is a long night indeed. Just praying for Positive result.
KashRIz wrote:Congrats Mate it will be a long night I believe but hopefully it will with a great news.......

REgards

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:50 pm

I am applying Set (LR) next month and FLR (FP) for my wife, both applications forms require different address to send, but I wanted my wife application FLR (FP) to decide / consider after mine Set (LR); what’s the best method to send?

• Should I put both application forms in one / same envelope and send at Set (LR) address?
• Or should I send my mrs FLR (FP) at its own address "separately"?

Or those who applied for their Spouse for FLR (M) along with their Set (LR) did they send them in same envelope or send separately?
N/A

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 pm

REgards
i believe it will be good news. Can you give information as what type of return envelope you send and how you bought it? And did you write your returning address or they will themselves write.