ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you get passport back without cancel spouse application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DANIEL10
Newly Registered

Can you get passport back without cancel spouse application

Post by DANIEL10 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:18 am

Hi, just wondering if you can help me and my wife have applied for UK visa spouse she lives and works in Thailand but is not a Thai national, we applied two months ago and still waiting for a decision but in a months time she needs to give her passport to Thai immigration it is rule after 90 days when you are not a Thai national, but UK visa has her passport is it possible to get her passport back without cancelling the application and if get visa pop passport back as otherwise she gets a big fine, could be deported, or even go to jail, as in Moscow you can get to keep passport and pop back if you get visa, as there is nothing she can do as she can't have her passport in two places at once?

Surely UK visa centre in Thailand not being a Thai organisation must understand you have to stick to rules in other countries.

Your help would be much appreciated.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Can you get passport back without cancel spouse applicat

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am

DANIEL10 wrote:Hi, just wondering if you can help me and my wife have applied for UK visa spouse she lives and works in Thailand but is not a Thai national, we applied two months ago and still waiting for a decision but in a months time she needs to give her passport to Thai immigration it is rule after 90 days when you are not a Thai national, but UK visa has her passport is it possible to get her passport back without cancelling the application and if get visa pop passport back as otherwise she gets a big fine, could be deported, or even go to jail, as in Moscow you can get to keep passport and pop back if you get visa, as there is nothing she can do as she can't have her passport in two places at once?

Surely UK visa centre in Thailand not being a Thai organisation must understand you have to stick to rules in other countries.

Your help would be much appreciated.
Asking for her passport to be returned is the same as cancelling the application. They could argue that she knew the Thai rules, UKVI timelines and still submitted her application...

Sorry.

DANIEL10
Newly Registered

Re: Can you get passport back without cancel spouse applicat

Post by DANIEL10 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm

I spoke to them they can release the passport but can't guarantee that just the passport may be released the application could be cancelled as well it would be up to the person looking at the application, I see what your saying but even if she knew the Thai rules there's not a lot you can do about it the UK visa should understand the Thai rules that if application takes a while to give option of taking away passport and bringing it back if you get the visa like they do in Moscow as there is a 90 day rule in Thailand if your not from Thailand and as they are a non Thai organisation they should understand you can't have one passport in two places especially as you have had it for two months and can have another month to give a decision.