ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP (Tier 1) used for life in the UK test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

BRP (Tier 1) used for life in the UK test

Post by friday » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi All,

I just noticed that I used my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) based on Tier 1 for the life in UK test. At the day of the test, they asked for BRP and a document to show the address (e.g. bank statement, driving licence, council tax...). I used a bank statment. My BRP was taken by the Home Office when I applied for ILR. May you please let me know if I need to proivde alternative evidence?

I always thought that someone need to use the passport or the driving licence for Life in uK test. But it appears that the BRP is required as the driving licence is not enough.

friday

Re: BRP (Tier 1) used for life in the UK test

Post by friday » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am

Can someone advice please.

Thank you.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:31 am

You will use the ID that you have registered with when booking the Life in the UK test.

When you registered on the official booking website, you are given the option to choose a photo ID to present at the test centre. If sounds like you are selected BRP as a form of evidence. You will need to change this to someone else, say a passport. Then you can use a passport as a photo ID and say a driving licence for proof of address.

You don't need a BRP for photo ID but you must present the ID that you have chosen on the booking website at the test centre.

EDIT:
having re-read your post again, it sound like you have applied for ILR, so would already have passed the Life in the UK test. Are you planning on sitting another test? or is this question being asked on someone else's behalf.

If you are making a application of BC, then use the LIUK test you used for ILR. You do not need to sit another one.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

friday

Post by friday » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 am

Thank you WR1 for your help.

I already passed the life in the UK test and I registered with BRP.

I do not plan on sitting another test. But in the AN application form, they ask for the ID that I used when I took the life in UK test.

I assume that I onlt need to use my passport as an evidence of identity.

friday

Post by friday » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 pm

I have been searching through the posts and did not find a recommended advice.

Some people suggested to write an additional information in the application form that the BRP (Tier 1) used to book the life in UK test was retained by the Home office and thus cannot be provided.

I have a copy of the BRP but I do not want to confuse the case worker.

Can someone advice please?

friday

Post by friday » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi All,

I am sorry if the above question is obvious but I cannot figure out how to solve the problem.

Can someone help please.

Thank you in advance.

inzogbiya

Post by inzogbiya » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:04 am

Any suggestions to this query as I have the same problem. I used my BRP(Tier 2) when i registered for LITUK test, but this is no longer with me and as it is now replaced with the ILR BRP.

friday

Post by friday » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:05 am

I had a photocopy of my BRP (Tier 1), so I included it in the application and added a note in the "additional information" section saying that the actual BRP, which was used to book life in UK test, was retained by Home Office when they issued my ILR BRP.

If you do not have a photocopy, you can describe in the "additional information" section as mentioned above without including the photocopy.

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:29 am

friday wrote:Thank you WR1 for your help.

I already passed the life in the UK test and I registered with BRP.

I do not plan on sitting another test. But in the AN application form, they ask for the ID that I used when I took the life in UK test.

I assume that I onlt need to use my passport as an evidence of identity.
Where does AN application ask for ID that you used for life in UK test?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:49 am

Indeed, I see nowhere in AN form where this information is asked.

inzogbiya

Post by inzogbiya » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:50 am

Neo.kap - It mentions it in the guide

Friday - I assume your application went smoothly?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:27 am

inzogbiya wrote:Neo.kap - It mentions it in the guide

Friday - I assume your application went smoothly?
I think you are referring to page 13 in the guide.

However, they say the following:

if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application.

However, in the list they do not mention the BRP, as far as I can see. Therefore, logically speaking, I don't think one should provide BRP that the one used when taking the test (even if it was available, which is impossible for most applicants).

friday

Post by friday » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Yes, my application was approved smoothly.

It is mentioned in page 17: .... Home Office entitlement card. So I thought for extra assurance to inculde the photocopy of BRP.

However, I agree with ukswus on his view.