ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting another Schengen Visa while current one still valid?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

egoneo

Getting another Schengen Visa while current one still valid?

Post by egoneo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:23 am

hi guys.

basically im going to be visiting Greece from 12-17th August and Italy from 3rd-6th september. I applied for a two entry schengen visa but unfortunately they only gave me a single entry to Greece, which is valid from 12th August till the 3rd of September. Now im thinking as soon as i arrive from Greece i will just apply for an Italian schengen visa valid from 3rd-6th September. But because my old visa expires on the 3rd will this be a problem? Thanks.

Imshzd

Re: Getting another Schengen Visa while current one still va

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 pm

No problem.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Imshzd wrote:No problem.

Thank you for your quick response. just another quick question. Why will this not be a problem? will they be able to cancel it and then re-issue the new schengen visa? Thanks

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:32 pm

i had my question answered by someone at vfs

"once you have used up the number of total number ofentries your schengen visa becomes invalid"

so if you have a single entry visa and use it, then it becomes valid and re-apply for a new one even if the expiry on the visa is days/weeks/months later.

Donutz

Post by Donutz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 am

Close enough but not entirely correct (VFS isn't always competent an as they are optional anyway I'd avoid them).

Yes you can make a new application even before you used your current visa. That visa will then be revoked and a new one will be issued. Atleast that is the theory, would mot surprise me if they left the (un)used visa intact in practice.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:31 pm

egoneo wrote:hi guys.

basically im going to be visiting Greece from 12-17th August and Italy from 3rd-6th september. I applied for a two entry schengen visa but unfortunately they only gave me a single entry to Greece, which is valid from 12th August till the 3rd of September.
did you specifically mention Italy travel plan, dates in the visa application and provided supporting documents?