ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further checks required letter after naturalisation approved

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Further checks required letter after naturalisation approved

Post by raulvibes » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:24 pm

WARNING LONG STORY

Hi Gurus

I applied for British Citizenship on march 2014, my time line as below;

letter of acknowledge receipt: 27 March 2014
letter of saying application successful and letter of ceremony to arrive in 2 weeks: 04 June 2014

waited for ceremony letter for weeks but no joy, so sent an email at nationalityenquires@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 19 June 2014. The email was replied with auto message as follows:

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE

Below is information to our most popular enquiries, including links to relevant pages of our website: http://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizenship

Thank you for your email to the Further Nationality Enquiries mailbox. Our service standard for responding to your email is 20 working days. Every effort will be made to deal with your enquiry within this timescale and we respectfully request that you do not chase your enquiry within this time.

Today i got a letter with brown envelop from liverpool thinking finally it has arrived but another shock

Dear ****

re: Mr ***** DOB

I refer to your application for British Citizenship.

We wrote to you recently to say that the application had been successful and you would shortly received a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony.

However we have now identified that further checks are required to ensure that all of the requirements for citizenship are satisfied.

Enquiries are still ongoing, therefore we are unable to invite you to attend a ceremony at this time. However, we will endeavour to finalise your application at the earliest opportunity, and will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete.

Please accept my apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

Yours Sincerely,

-------
Managed Migration Support Team

Is this isolated case or have any member experienced this? :cry: :cry: :cry:

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Further checks required letter after naturalisation appr

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Never heard of this... If you u are not worried about time and confident that your application is all good.. dont worry ..

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Post by raulvibes » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:56 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:Never heard of this... If you u are not worried about time and confident that your application is all good.. dont worry ..
yeah i am not worried about time and my job is local authority inside police station so dont know what kinda security checks they are after, when police force have vigorous CRB including family members, any people residing on given address.

Am i victim of identity theft :?: :?:

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:02 pm

I receive exactly same letter today. We applied rough around same time. I rang the HO but my contact details was collect and I was told someone will ring me within 24hrs. I didn't even receive the first letter so it was a shock to me too. if you have received same, then its not an isolated case

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Could this be related to the ongoing investigation by HO of language assessment centers?

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:59 pm

not sure. I did mine in a pretty decent place and conducted by Cambridge university, but then again, anything is possible. if the test needs to be taken again, that's fair play. its the silence and waiting that's agonizing!!!

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Post by raulvibes » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 am

mandate4 wrote:I receive exactly same letter today. We applied rough around same time. I rang the HO but my contact details was collect and I was told someone will ring me within 24hrs. I didn't even receive the first letter so it was a shock to me too. if you have received same, then its not an isolated case
can you pass me HO contact number, the letter sent by them had no contact details.

cheers

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:59 am

The contact number is 0300 123 2253

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Post by raulvibes » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:24 pm

mandate4 wrote:The contact number is 0300 123 2253
thanks mate, did they gave you call back after your query

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:57 pm

No. I waited in vain! Maybe they will call on Monday but I'm not expecting much other than their usual mantra - "awaiting further consideration"!!

billy33
Newly Registered

Post by billy33 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:50 pm

(I have received exactly same letter on friday 25/07/2014 an dont know why?)

We wrote to you recently to say that the application had been successful and you would shortly received a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony.

However we have now identified that further checks are required to ensure that all of the requirements for citizenship are satisfied.

Enquiries are still ongoing, therefore we are unable to invite you to attend a ceremony at this time. However, we will endeavour to finalise your application at the earliest opportunity, and will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete.

Yours Sincerely,

-------

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Seems lots of similar letters were sent out on 21st July. I did receive a call back from HO today, the guy was nice but couldn't offer any new info. He basically re-read the letter to me and said it was a waiting game. They will write to me once checks are completed.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 pm

mandate4 wrote:not sure. I did mine in a pretty decent place and conducted by Cambridge university, but then again, anything is possible. if the test needs to be taken again, that's fair play. its the silence and waiting that's agonizing!!!
Not sure if this applies to you, but apparently all tests provided by Cambridge International Examination (CIE), and specific tests provided by Cambridge English and Trinity College London have been removed from the approve list of English test.

bartolomeo
Newly Registered

Post by bartolomeo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:57 pm

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 pm

bartolomeo
Newly Registered

Post by bartolomeo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:48 pm

While I gave you a link to the official source (which seems up to date), you posted a link to some next guy's blog...can you get something more reliable? Pleease.

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:53 am

Trinity has not been removed however some of their tests are no longer valid or accepted as proof of English language skills. Only Esol skills for life are affected, Esol English language assessment are still accepted from Trinity.
http://fastrackedu.co.uk/2014/07/14/eng ... lications/

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:44 pm

billy33 wrote:(I have received exactly same letter on friday 25/07/2014 an dont know why?)

Have you received any further update?

Yours Sincerely,

-------

alisunny

Post by alisunny » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:03 am

I have received exactly same letter as well i dont know why?

mandate4
Newly Registered

Post by mandate4 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 pm

alisunny wrote:I have received exactly same letter as well i dont know why?

No update yet. I rang twice but received same response - it's undergoing further checks

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Post by raulvibes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:13 pm

They said, I will be informed earliest once the remaining security checks are finished. But don't have any idea on what is further security checks.

I also asked, will they contact me if further info or documents are required? She said Yes

alisunny

Post by alisunny » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:08 pm

any one go over 6 month for application??
coz HO give us 6 month period..

alisunny

Post by alisunny » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 pm

raulvibes wrote:They said, I will be informed earliest once the remaining security checks are finished. But don't have any idea on what is further security checks.

I also asked, will they contact me if further info or documents are required? She said Yes
Any up date?
you application gon over 6 month now?
or still under the time limit?

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Post by raulvibes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:15 pm

alisunny wrote:
raulvibes wrote:They said, I will be informed earliest once the remaining security checks are finished. But don't have any idea on what is further security checks.

Any up date?
It's gonna be 6 month on 27th Sept I guess coz my acknowledgement letter was dated 27th March.

alisunny

Post by alisunny » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:55 pm

raulvibes wrote:
alisunny wrote:

Any up date?
It's gonna be 6 month on 27th Sept I guess coz my acknowledgement letter was dated 27th March.[/quo

my application gonna be 6 month in 29th Sept.