ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:

Hi shahjee, just curious....how long did it take them to make decision on your wife's FLR M? After you received your approval on SET LR? What is the time/days difference between when you got your SET LR approval and when your wife received her FLR M approval?
Hi Spartacus,
I received my documents for my SET(M) on the 13th of June, and the approval letter was just a day earlier, dated the 12th of June, and my wife and daughters received their documents back for their FLR(M) on the 17th June, and the approval letter was dated 16th June, hence the Home Office just took 4 days to decide on their application after my SET(M). And mind it 14th and 15th of June was Saturday Sunday, hence non working days, so I would say took just 2 working days to get decision on their FLR(M). Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Brilliant Shahjee. I must say you are a lucky man.Many thanks for taking the time to explain.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

My understanding is that 6th April rules apply to all ILR(LR) dependants regardless they are on PBS or not. If you think Tier 2 dependants prior to July 2012 are exempt from this, then your husband would have got 2 years visa on his FLR(M) visa rather than 2.5 years ?

Probably it would be good to take a written confirmation from a HO if they have confirmed to you on the phone. That way you can take the print-out of that email as proof and hence also won't lose your application money if they still refuse.

Lemar wrote:Hi all,

I'm very confused with these new rules, I hope someone can help.

We had our appointment at settlement checking service and calls to the home office confirmed my partner is eligible even double checked with a manager.

I'm wondering if there is some grey area.

What I'm trying to understand is whether this 6th of April rule applies to ALL points based dependants or it depends which type of pbs prior July 2012. For example if it was tier 4, 2 etc.

I had tier 2 visa which is a route that leads to settlement unlike some other tiers. However I applied on the basis of long residence for ilr.

My question is: does my husband qualify because he had a pbs tier 2 dependant visa prior to July 2012?

His brp is 2 and half years, but why did even management confirm he is eligible to apply for setM.

Welcome back shajee, I wondered whether all was well with you. Glad things are ok!

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 pm

die_hard wrote:My understanding is that 6th April rules apply to all ILR(LR) dependants regardless they are on PBS or not. If you think Tier 2 dependants prior to July 2012 are exempt from this, then your husband would have got 2 years visa on his FLR(M) visa rather than 2.5 years ?

Probably it would be good to take a written confirmation from a HO if they have confirmed to you on the phone. That way you can take the print-out of that email as proof and hence also won't lose your application money if they still refuse.

We had our appointment at settlement checking service and calls to the home office confirmed my partner is eligible even double checked with a manager.

What I'm trying to understand is whether this 6th of April rule applies to ALL points based dependants or it depends which type of pbs prior July 2012. For example if it was tier 4, 2 etc.

I had tier 2 visa which is a route that leads to settlement unlike some other tiers. However I applied on the basis of long residence for ilr.

My question is: does my husband qualify because he had a pbs tier 2 dependant visa prior to July 2012?

His brp is 2 and half years, but why did even management confirm he is eligible to apply for setM.

Welcome back shajee, I wondered whether all was well with you. Glad things are ok!

Thanks die hard,

I agree with you about two year instead of two and a half.

I just can't understand why they confirmed he is eligible. They took his details and checked his records before confirming. So strange, I have a written note from the checking service but i wonder if this will be sufficient.

Do you know the best email to contact homeoffice on?

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:46 pm

You can try on these email ids -
SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

So who confirmed that he is eligible, is it the settlement check service or the home office ?
When have you booked for PEO appointment ?

Lemar wrote:
die_hard wrote:My understanding is that 6th April rules apply to all ILR(LR) dependants regardless they are on PBS or not. If you think Tier 2 dependants prior to July 2012 are exempt from this, then your husband would have got 2 years visa on his FLR(M) visa rather than 2.5 years ?

Thanks die hard,

I just can't understand why they confirmed he is eligible. They took his details and checked his records before confirming. So strange, I have a written note from the checking service but i wonder if this will be sufficient.

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks I will email them.

The settlement check service called the home office and the home office confirmed he is eligible.

The settlement check service then made a note on our documents to say they called home office who confirmed eligibility.

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Peo is Tuesday

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Good luck with the appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Do the settlement checking service member accompany you to the PEO ?

Lemar wrote:Peo is Tuesday

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Lemar wrote:
Thanks die hard,

Hi Lemar,
Let's start from the beginning if you don't mind. Your husband is a pre July 2012 PBS dependent, which makes him covered under the initial transitional arrangements. But the point here is that those transitional arrangements are good, only if the PBS dependent applied their FLR(M) before the 06th of April 2014. So now the question is, what date did your husband applied for his FLR(M) ?? As you say that he has a 2.5 years visa on the FLR(M), than I would take that he has applied for his FLR(M) after 06th April, and if that is the case than I am afraid that he has lost his claim to the initial transitional arrangements that he was covered under. You know what I mean, you can't just have one of them, he should have applied before 06th April for his FLR(M) to make sure that he is than covered under the initial traditional arrangements of July 2012. The 2.5 year visa is under Appendix FM, and it's for all the dependents of the SET(LR), there is no difference which ever Tier they are from, who ever is applying after the 06th of April are getting this 2.5 year visa.
We had extensive discussions on this topic before the 06th of April on this forum, and we keep warning members to apply for their dependents FLR(M) before the 06th of April, I understand the application timings were just unfortunate for some members that they couldn't apply in time.
I can only hope that I am wrong and who ever from the checking service gave you the advise is right. My prayers and best wishes with you and your family.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:31 pm

hi, just phones home office, they said my package is on its way , but as its weekend now , it will be delivered on Mon tues, i am really panicking now :? , as it was 2 application one for my self ( SET LR )and the other for my mrs, as I asked about her application ( FLR FP ), they said its still in progress.

is it normal that they send main applicants decision first and dependants later own. confused !!!!!
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:49 pm

c4551m wrote:hi, just phones home office, they said my package is on its way , but as its weekend now , it will be delivered on Mon tues, i am really panicking now :? , as it was 2 application one for my self ( SET LR )and the other for my mrs, as I asked about her application ( FLR FP ), they said its still in progress.

is it normal that they send main applicants decision first and dependants later own. confused !!!!!
Hi c4551m,
Don't worry your self, it will be good news. You never know you might receive it tomorrow, there is a Saturday delivery. I would congratulate you in advance. Regards to your Mrs FLR(FP), yes this is the normal procedure, her application will be dealt with, only after you being the main application (Sponsor) is dealt with. Her decision will not be long. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:09 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
c4551m wrote:hi, just phones home office, they said my package is on its way , but as its weekend now , it will be delivered on Mon tues, i am really panicking now :? , as it was 2 application one for my self ( SET LR )and the other for my mrs, as I asked about her application ( FLR FP ), they said its still in progress.

Hi c4551m,
Don't worry your self, it will be good news. You never know you might receive it tomorrow, there is a Saturday delivery. I would congratulate you in advance. Regards to your Mrs FLR(FP), yes this is the normal procedure, her application will be dealt with, only after you being the main application (Sponsor) is dealt with. Her decision will not be long. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Thanks Shahjee,
Actually its at my solicitors address and they are closed on Saturday. hope inshaAllah everything goes fine.
Flro applied 23.02.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

K4

Post by K4 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:29 pm

need some advise guys gals and gurus

my whole case
• First arrived in UK September 2004 with a visa for 4 years.
• Went to France with college for 5 days.
• Went in June 2006 for one month.
• Took one year off in 2006 due to illness only told my program leader went back home for treatment in December 2006 for one month.
• Applied for visa extension in October 2008 which I got in 18 December 2008 till October 2009. (clarified ukba about why my course taking too long cause illness and failed in modules with doctors report)
• Applied for shengine visa in May 2009 got refused reason incomplete documents.
• Went back home as I couldn’t complete my course on 29 October 2009.
• Applied for entry clearance and got rejected reason incomplete documents December 2009.
• Applied again and got entry clearance in March 2010 till April 2012.
• Came back on March 2010.(144 days absence)
• Finished my HND and applied for extension in April.
• Got visa from July 2012 till August 2015.
• College got revoked and visa was curtailed till May 2013.
• Applied with new CAS on May 2013.
• College came back on list on May 2013.
• New college got suspended.
• New college came back on list.
• I asked my old college if I withdraw my case they said yes so I applied for it.
• Got a letter from home office that I have ceased education with the college and home office has no records of my case.
• Visa was curtailed again till January 2014.
• Re-applied again on January 2014.
• Case still with home office.
• TOEIC issue got a letter from home office in February that the case is on hold
• Did IELTS in June 2014 and send results in July 2014
• 10 years due to complete in September 2014

any advise will be appreciated

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Lemar wrote:Thanks I will email them.

The settlement check service called the home office and the home office confirmed he is eligible.

The settlement check service then made a note on our documents to say they called home office who confirmed eligibility.

When you got email reply please share it

And Where you been shahjee1234.

And Sajjadali is disappeared as well

fiazpk
Newly Registered

Admin please fix the Google drive

Post by fiazpk » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Hello Admin,

it seems somebody has messed up the google drive,

please Admin restore this to older version at 3:19 PM today,

regards,
M Fiaz

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi Everyone

Can anyone help with this query. I have got ILR now and my wife's application for FLR M is on hold. What documents should i send HO to enable them to progess my wife's FLR M application. I believe it is Cover letter, Copy of my BRP and Approval letter. Can anyone confirm that please.

Regards

nomcorpio
Newly Registered

Post by nomcorpio » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi!
I would appreciate if some one could guide me as to how can i apply for fees refund from home office.Initially i applied for enterpreneur and then vary the application to ILR (LR).I paid the fees on both occasions.i was under the impression that home office will automatically refund the fees but i was being too hopeful.can someone share any email or contact address i need to write to to get my fees back?
Hope to hear from some one soon
thanks
nauman

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by T.Ahmad » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Submitted my Set (LR) Application today on 8 years Student 2 years PSW.

how could i put it on google drive?

also my wife joined me on April 2008 does she still needs to apply for FLR(M), i did not submitted her application yet, our both visa expiring on 15 August ?
can anyone advice please?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:23 pm

T.Ahmad wrote:Submitted my Set (LR) Application today on 8 years Student 2 years PSW.

also my wife joined me on April 2008 does she still needs to apply for FLR(M), i did not submitted her application yet, our both visa expiring on 15 August ?
Hi T.Ahmad,
Regards to your wife, you are right she need to apply for FLR(M) before 15th August. With that application you need to send them a covering letter explaining that the Home Office should put her application on hold until they reach final decision on your application, because she is your dependent and you are her sponsor. I hope it help. All the best with your and your Mrs applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 pm

msmussaf wrote:
Lemar wrote:Thanks I will email them.

When you got email reply please share it

And Where you been shahjee1234.

And Sajjadali is disappeared as well
Hi msmussaf,
I was out of the country visiting my father, who is not very well, please remember him in your prayers.
Now I am back, and you can see me trying to contribute to the best of my ability. My best wishes with all, who are waiting for their decision, and those who are about to apply.
Kind regards
Shahjee

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:39 pm

hi mate

Good luck for your application. You have to apply for your wife via FLR M. you can do that anytime from now on.Just add Covering letters one from you and one from your wife requesting them to accept her application, Link that to your application and put it on the hold untill they decide your application. I am pasting some wordings from cover letter i used for my wife.

'' Since, my partner’s Leave to Remain is expiring on 15-08-2014 and I haven’t heard anything on my application (as of now) and it seems that it will take 4-5 months as per statistics before my application is decided, so she has left with no other option but to send her application no later than 15-08-2014. I hereby kindly request you to accept my partner’s application, link her application with my SET (LR) application and put it on hold till my application gets decided, as my passport and rest of the documents are already with Home Office.''

I hope this helps

Regards
T.Ahmad wrote:Submitted my Set (LR) Application today on 8 years Student 2 years PSW.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:46 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone

Can anyone help with this query. I have got ILR now and my wife's application for FLR M is on hold. What documents should i send HO to enable them to progess my wife's FLR M application. I believe it is Cover letter, Copy of my BRP and Approval letter. Can anyone confirm that please.

Regards
Hi mskhan78,
You are right covering letter, copy of your BRP and approval letter and copies of all the pages of your present passport. But before you do that, please make sure to call them and check they might have done the decision already, as you might have read in my post today that in my wife's case it took them 2 working days to decide her case. So I hope that in your Mrs case it's the same, and you get the decision ASAP. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi, my only concern is as i varied my application after 5 days from Flro to set Lr, to cover shorfall, they sent me biometrics , which i did on 24th march, my question is as i varied the application i have done biometrics once, they never sent out any letter for my 2nd application. Have they considered the first biometrics. Thanks
Flro applied 23.02.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Shahjee1234 thanks for your reply . such a helpful response from now on you are shahjee12345678910
Regards
shahjee1234 wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone

Regards
Hi mskhan78,
You are right covering letter, copy of your BRP and approval letter and copies of all the pages of your present passport. But before you do that, please make sure to call them and check they might have done the decision already, as you might have read in my post today that in my wife's case it took them 2 working days to decide her case. So I hope that in your Mrs case it's the same, and you get the decision ASAP. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi
Did you receive acknowledgement and biometric for your ILR application? Did you pay fees for both application and is there any refund of fee for your application?
Please give us a complete scenario.
Thanks

c4551m wrote:Hi, my only concern is as i varied my application after 5 days from Flro to set Lr, to cover shorfall, they sent me biometrics , which i did on 24th march, my question is as i varied the application i have done biometrics once, they never sent out any letter for my 2nd application. Have they considered the first biometrics. Thanks

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 am

my initial fee was refunded and they sent me letter to submit the documents and fee difference again, and letter that your FLRO application is invalid now and we will consider your SET LR application, this was all done in march and package posted on 24th July , which i am waiting to receive on Monday. but I have just done one Biometrics
Flro applied 23.02.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14