ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing job after Spouse applied for Settlement visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Changing job after Spouse applied for Settlement visa?

Post by networkers » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on ILR and my wife will be applying for settlement visa(Spouse Visa from Outside EEA) in August as we just got married recently, I am currently full time employed and planning to switch job by end of September for a much better opportunity. Will this have any adverse impact on my Spouse’s Settlement Visa Application?

1. Is it okay to switch job, while application is in progress?
2. Is it going to create any delay in application processing?
3. Does she need to submit details of the new employer of mine?

Thank you.

WR1

Re: Changing job after Spouse applied for Settlement visa?

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:06 pm

1. It's fine to switch jobs while application is in progress (as long as the new job still meets the financial requirements to state the obvious). Just ensure the home office has been informed providing them all the relevant documentations.

2. As long as the home office have been informed, It shouldn't impact on the application.

3. Yes, new details will have to be supplied.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

I think the key point here is that *providing the home office get all the information and coordinate it in time*.

In theory if you've just switched employer - then you should be applying under category B - e.g. income over 12 months and current income. But because this would be a switch post application - it should be ok because it's your situation at point of application which should matter.

However, here's the catch - let's say you change employer and you send the details over to the home office. At the same time the ECO picks up the phone to the old employer HR department and says 'hey - Mr X is still employed there right?" and the HR guy says "No".

Information passes in mid-air. Application gets rejected with 'deception'. Requires an appeal to overturn.

Worth the risk?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:37 am

Thanks for the helpful response, of course the new job will be better than current one and will fulfil the financial requirements. So in order to be on safe side if I mention in the cover letter that I am planning to switch job in near future as I do have couple of good options at hand and I'll update Home office about the change as soon as I accept any offer of new job?

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi all, I am in a similar situation..I however have accepted the offer of new contract and signed in June.

My situation is this: January 2014 my basic salary £17730 plus £52 on top as flex cash which equates to £600/yr This makes the salary to £18300 odd..
I also did overtime and got paid to date £290.60.
In April this year my salary increased from £17730 to £18130 plus the £52 on top as flex cash which equates to £600/yr This makes the salary to £18700 odd..
So if I count the overtime and all ...I can apply...however last yr I was in India from April till August and didn't claim any benefits..I was there as my grand mother was ill...she later passed away in September last yr....so my P60 reflects that Ive earned only £7000 from april last yr....will this be a problem?

I now have a job with the civil service...earning £27k...which I will start in September...and I am in a dilemma what to do?

Can I apply for my wife now and provide the new joining job details or what to do?

Can my wife come on a visitor visa??? my daughter has a right of abode...so can there be any grounds of refusal??

I am sorry for the big paragraph...But I am really puzzled...Please help!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:12 pm

In an ideal world you should just be able to submit details of the new job, but for those who are asked to send further documents they tend to have to wait again for ECOs to get round to considering the new information. Plus, it's not clear what information they require from the new employer - I don't know if just a contract/employment letter is enough.

I think it would be best to wait until you have started the new post and perhaps received your first payslip at the very least. You would be able to apply using Cat B and have a clear idea of what to submit.

The only other option would be applying and paying for the priority service if that's available in your wife's country. But given it's almost August now, no guarantee it will be processed before you start the new job.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:39 pm

SoHopeful wrote:In an ideal world you should just be able to submit details of the new job, but for those who are asked to send further documents they tend to have to wait again for ECOs to get round to considering the new information. Plus, it's not clear what information they require from the new employer - I don't know if just a contract/employment letter is enough.

I think it would be best to wait until you have started the new post and perhaps received your first payslip at the very least. You would be able to apply using Cat B and have a clear idea of what to submit.

The only other option would be applying and paying for the priority service if that's available in your wife's country. But given it's almost August now, no guarantee it will be processed before you start the new job.
Thanks "SoHopeful", It seems to be a risky business to switch while visa application is in progress based on what you mentioned as it might delay the case and we'll have to wait for another turn of ECO's time. My wife will be applying from Pakistan and don't know if there is any priority service available or not? Where can I find if there it is available in Pakistan or not?

Dragging it till October or later for new payslip and everything from new employer will be safe option I agree, but to be honest don't want to wait so long for her visa so would probably hold on job switching plan for a while and bear the financial loss for the time wasted :( .

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:11 am

I totally understand as I had this dilemma myself last year. I was an agency worker though so I got around it by quitting my job but not ending the contract with my agency until the very last minute, so technically if UKBA (at the time) did any checks, I was still employed by the agency.

The only thing I can suggest to both of you is to find out current processing times and whether priority service is available in the relevant country...

Unfortunately it looks as though priority service is only available for visitor's visas in Pakistan http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/use ... ces.html#4