ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

inviting my 23 year old cousin(female)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

princessshugga
Newly Registered

inviting my 23 year old cousin(female)

Post by princessshugga » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 pm

hello everyone,

i have a qeustion and hope you all can help me.
i am planning on inviting my 23 year old cousin to visit me from september through christmas. she will be finishing university august and due to serve her country for a year starting febuary 2013.
my questions are:
what do i have to prepare to support her?
is she likely to be refused?
i would be responsible for her when she visit and and she would be going back january.
thanks in advance.

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Have a look at the Uk Border agency site at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/

This tells you what documents you need to submit if you are sponsoring a visitor.
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi Princessshugga,

In addition to the first response, no one can say for sure if she is likely to be refused or granted a visa. I would advise that you ensure your cousin can show strong ties to her home country. If she has no ties her home country, this may have a negative impact on the application.

Kind Regards

princessshugga
Newly Registered

Post by princessshugga » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 am

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Hi Princessshugga,

In addition to the first response, no one can say for sure if she is likely to be refused or granted a visa. I would advise that you ensure your cousin can show strong ties to her home country. If she has no ties her home country, this may have a negative impact on the application.

Kind Regards
Thank you so much for your reply,
What sort of strong ties are you talking about? Any ideas?
She is a student and has never worked.
Is going back to do her youth service enough ties?
Thanks

princessshugga
Newly Registered

Post by princessshugga » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:58 am

Alif1 wrote:Have a look at the Uk Border agency site at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/

This tells you what documents you need to submit if you are sponsoring a visitor.
I am able to provide her with all the supporting document mentioned. Have also asked her to write a letter as well. She hasn't got much savings. What about a letter from her dad.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:05 am

princessshugga wrote: Thank you so much for your reply,
Thanks
Going back for youth service might not be enough. She will have to show something more like a property in her name or an admission in a course for further studies or a job offer or something which people would likely go back to. This wouldn't have mattered if she was not young. But since she is 23 UKBA will likely see her as an opportunist who would not return back home. They have been getting very strict this days. My sister who is in her early 20s got her visa rejected twice last year. She wanted to visit me and my family during my son's holidays. She finally got it this April after she started her MBA in one of the well known UNI back home. She needed to submit a reference letter from her UNI stating that she is pursuing this course and would like to visit us during her term holidays. On top of that my wealthy parents sponsered her from India and I also sent a sponser letter from UK.

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:36 pm

princessshugga wrote: I am able to provide her with all the supporting document mentioned. Have also asked her to write a letter as well. She hasn't got much savings. What about a letter from her dad.
Letter from her dad...

Yes you need to show that the visitor can be adequately maintained and accommodated whilst in the UK without working or claiming any public funds. Show that sufficient finances are available to cover all the costs of their visit. Finance can come from the applicant's resources, the sponsor, a third party's or any combination of these. Whoever is contributing to the finances should provide evidence of their ability to do so, 6 months bank statements are best, and if a third party helps say why they are helping. Do not be tempted to pay into the applicant's bank account prior to applying with a large lump sum. Not only is it unnecessary, it can also arouse the ECO's suspicions as they will want to know where this money suddenly came from and why. Also it might show that the applicant will not return home after their visit.

princessshugga
Newly Registered

Post by princessshugga » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 am

longshift wrote:
princessshugga wrote: Thank you so much for your reply,
Thanks
Going back for youth service might not be enough. She will have to show something more like a property in her name or an admission in a course for further studies or a job offer or something which people would likely go back to. This wouldn't have mattered if she was not young. But since she is 23 UKBA will likely see her as an opportunist who would not return back home. They have been getting very strict this days. My sister who is in her early 20s got her visa rejected twice last year. She wanted to visit me and my family during my son's holidays. She finally got it this April after she started her MBA in one of the well known UNI back home. She needed to submit a reference letter from her UNI stating that she is pursuing this course and would like to visit us during her term holidays. On top of that my wealthy parents sponsered her from India and I also sent a sponser letter from UK.
thank you.

princessshugga
Newly Registered

Post by princessshugga » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:10 am

Alif1 wrote:
princessshugga wrote: I am able to provide her with all the supporting document mentioned. Have also asked her to write a letter as well. She hasn't got much savings. What about a letter from her dad.
Letter from her dad...

Yes you need to show that the visitor can be adequately maintained and accommodated whilst in the UK without working or claiming any public funds. Show that sufficient finances are available to cover all the costs of their visit. Finance can come from the applicant's resources, the sponsor, a third party's or any combination of these. Whoever is contributing to the finances should provide evidence of their ability to do so, 6 months bank statements are best, and if a third party helps say why they are helping. Do not be tempted to pay into the applicant's bank account prior to applying with a large lump sum. Not only is it unnecessary, it can also arouse the ECO's suspicions as they will want to know where this money suddenly came from and why. Also it might show that the applicant will not return home after their visit.
thank you.
i will be able to provide bank statements , payslips and savings. she will be staying in my house during her visit. i live in a two bed house with my two kids.
her dad can also produce the above, will also get her to find a third sponsor. does she need to write a supporting letter for her application? she really want to start her youth service in febuary as without that, she cant get a job.

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:30 pm

princessshugga wrote: does she need to write a supporting letter for her application? she really want to start her youth service in febuary as without that, she cant get a job.
You should send whatever documents you think will help the application to be successful.

princessshugga
Newly Registered

Post by princessshugga » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 am

Alif1 wrote:
princessshugga wrote: does she need to write a supporting letter for her application? she really want to start her youth service in febuary as without that, she cant get a job.
You should send whatever documents you think will help the application to be successful.
i will do. thanks

allenboo
- thin ice -

Re: inviting my 23 year old cousin(female)

Post by allenboo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Did your cousin get the visa?