ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 form confusion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mikethebook
Newly Registered

EEA4 form confusion

Post by Mikethebook » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi,
I'm currently trying to fill in Form EEA4 for a permanent residence card for my wife. As I am a British citizen, we have come thus far via the Surinder Singh route and it is great to see on the latest version of the form, released last month, that we don't have to complete huge chunks of the form as regards finances, jobs etc because of the Surinder Singh route. However, documents to be provided and listed in Section 11 of the form proves to be something of a curved ball and confusing with it. The first problem is that no references are given to particular sections of the form so one is partly left wondering exactly where these documents come in. But I potentially narrowed down the documents to the last page and a bit as being relevant to Section 8: Time Spent in the UK. I've attached that page and a bit but can't understand the last couple of paragraphs headed up: as evidence of dependency on your EEA national family member. Can someone explain those paragraphs to me (they need their own explanatory notes) and how they relate to Section 8. And what have children, grandchildren and distant relatives (not mentioned anywhere on the form) got to do with anything? Can I take it that if my wife is applying on her own without any other family members, that no evidence need be sent?

Help please?

Mike
EEA4Documents.jpg
EEA4Documents.jpg (173.99 KiB) Viewed 633 times

CesarBB29

Re: EEA4 form confusion

Post by CesarBB29 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:48 pm

AS you are married to the Non- EEA this does not apply to your case. This is only for those who are indirectly related to you- cousins, mother who are not EEA nationals. If you are legally married, a prof of the relationship- a marriage certificate would suffice.

Mikethebook
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 form confusion

Post by Mikethebook » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi,
Sorry, I'm still confused. What section of the form do these paragraphs relate to as they don't appear to have anything to do with Section 8? Have they been added on at the end as an afterthought? And are they referring to additional family members included in the application (Section 2) so that evidence of finance is required if there are family members . . . which there not. The wording is not clear at all.

Many thanks

Mike