ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 visa as an unmarried partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

casper1
Newly Registered

EEA2 visa as an unmarried partner

Post by casper1 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 pm

I have spent last 2-3 hours in browsing different threads of this board to get the accurate information however I am not able to get what I am looking for.. Excuse me If this issue has already been discussed earlier...

I am from south Asia and on a student visa in the U.K for last 3 years. I have been in a relationship with my polish girl friend from almost 2 years and now I plan to apply for EEA2 visa as an unmarried partner. My girl friend is self employed in the U.K from last 6 months. Earlier on she was studying.

I have also read form EEA2 in detail however form does not give accurate information about the evidence I need to file along with form to show over relationship for last 2 years.

Anyways, I plan to supply following documents along with my application.

1. Few utility bills showing same address.
2. Individual bank statements showing same address.
3. Photographs.
4. Personal email correspondence between both of us.
5. Joint bank statements (but the account was only set up 3 months before)
6. Joint tenancy agreement.
7. Council tax bill.
8. Proof of myself being full time student.
9. Evidences of my partners self employment.
10. An undertaking from my partner confirming that we have been living together for last 2 years and we intend to carry on this relationship.

I am not sure what else to provide along with my application. Are these evidences are sufficient enough to satisfy the requirements? If not what do you recommend, what should we provide?

I am looking forward for the feedback.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm

casper1, the criteria used to prove that you are an unmarried partner is the same under the EU route as in the UK immigration rules and a look in the Note 5 on page 12 of FLR(M) form here

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... (m)may.pdf

will show what to prepare to get the evidence for the unmarried partner in order.

Along with that you will have to prove that your Polish partner has been working for the past 3 months and a Covering letter explaining the whole thing as the EEA2 does not cover such situations and also

The important things to keep in mind-

1) If you have been in a prior relationship(marriage/Civilpartnership) or unmarried partner stauts the HO is aware of, you should prove that it has broken down permanently.

2) Ensure that your partner has already been through her WRS phase or else you should be filling out the FMRS instead of the EEA2.

3) The date on the very first document that you use to prove co-habitation is the date the 20 ducuments should cover. For example, if the first document was on the 10.08.2005, then the documents should cover the period all the way till 10.08.2007.

Hope that helps.
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:34 am

Thank you for sending a message to my PM.It looks like Doc Terror answered you.

Hi... I have posted my query on the board from last 4 days however I have not received any feedback from any of the board member... I would be thanful to you If you could spend little time in reading and replying back to me... Many thanks...

I have spent last 2-3 hours in browsing different threads of this board to get the accurate information however I am not able to get what I am looking for.. Excuse me If this issue has already been discussed earlier...

I am from south Asia and on a student visa in the U.K for last 3 years. I have been in a relationship with my polish girl friend from almost 2 years and now I plan to apply for EEA2 visa as an unmarried partner. My girl friend is self employed in the U.K from last 6 months. Earlier on she was studying.

I have also read form EEA2 in detail however form does not give accurate information about the evidence I need to file along with form to show over relationship for last 2 years.

Anyways, I plan to supply following documents along with my application.

1. Few utility bills showing same address.
2. Individual bank statements showing same address.
3. Photographs.
4. Personal email correspondence between both of us.
5. Joint bank statements (but the account was only set up 3 months before)
6. Joint tenancy agreement.
7. Council tax bill.
8. Proof of myself being full time student.
9. Evidences of my partners self employment.
10. An undertaking from my partner confirming that we have been living together for last 2 years and we intend to carry on this relationship.

I am not sure what else to provide along with my application. Are these evidences are sufficient enough to satisfy the requirements? If not what do you recommend, what should we provide?

I am looking forward for the feedback.