ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Caution help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rickyb
Newly Registered

Caution help please

Post by rickyb » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi, I'd really appreciate some help here. My friend has applied for citizenship a few days ago, no acknowledgment yet, no fees taken yet. He thinks he received a caution in just over 3 years ago for Kerb crawling. It was a horrible dare gone wrong and he is hugely embarrassed and ashamed of it. He has has an enchanced CRB and it didn't show up and he has not mentioned it on the naturalization application form. However, he is very uncomfortable about this and wants to write to the home office and declare it.

I know that he should be OK with a caution after 3 years, however I am confused about the part about sexual offences making this more complicated. He believes it was a caution, he was interviewed and let let off, having signed a piece of paper admitting what he had done but not given a copy.

How would he inform UKBA, would it look bad that he sent in the form without declaring it? Also, if you think he will get refused should he cancel his card before the payment goes through and withdraw the application?

Thanks, your help is really appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Caution help please

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Should be ok if declared, if not declared a potential 10 year ban for citizenship. It should be on a DBS certificate. You can check the PNC with a SAR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rickyb
Newly Registered

Post by rickyb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks for your reply Amber.

How would he contact the Home Office, given that the application has already been submitted and he has not declared it in the section about cautions?

Does the acknowledgement letter give an email address or reference number that would make contact easier or should he send a Special Delivery letter with just his name/address as reference?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:40 am

You write via recorded delivery quoting the acknowledgement reference number.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

northstar212
Newly Registered

Post by northstar212 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 am

ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk is the email shown in both the NCS receipt and in the confirmation letter. Hope this help.

hoormi
Newly Registered

Post by hoormi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:24 am

Hi Ricky
Plz can u tell me what your friend did in the end? Did his application got aproved for citizenship?

Thx