ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOPING TO BE HELPED - TIER 2 GENERAL DEPENDENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirmenon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HOPING TO BE HELPED - TIER 2 GENERAL DEPENDENT

Post by kirmenon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 am

In order to bring my wife to London, I am already working in London on Tier 2 general visa valid till Nov 2015. I already have a letter from my A rated sponsor saying that they will pay the 630 £ required for her and including accommodation if necessary.

Since I have this letter for her maintenance do I have to show maintenance money for MYSELF in the bank account for 90 days as well ?

The guidance feels a bit confusing and I would really appreciate any help that I can get please .

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: HOPING TO BE HELPED - TIER 2 GENERAL DEPENDENT

Post by iworker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 pm

since it is only your partner who is applying for entry clearance, you do not need to show funds for yourself.
make sure the letter is not older than 28 days.

kirmenon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kirmenon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Thank you so very much :D

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Sponsors are usually allowed to certify maintenance for the main applicant I am not sure if they can for dependents only, expecially when applying separately.

A Tier 2 dependent visa applied separately from main applicant is considered on its own merit.

I would look for an explicit rule confirming the sponsor company can provide support assurance for dependent through a letter (usually support is indicated on the IT systems SMS).

if you can't find anything I would recommend you to not take a risk of application getting rejected as it will affect you for your whole life.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 am

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:33 pm

From manci provided it seems that you are good to go with that letter from A grade sponsor.