ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Life Route Changes

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Family Life Route Changes

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 pm

New changes have been introduced under Appendix FM today in relation to the 10 year route to settlement under Family Life provisions. The changes were introduced from 28 July 2014 under the 2014 Immigration Act.

I've created this sticky which I'll update at some point to outline the changes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

faisaltanoli

Re: Family Life Route Changes

Post by faisaltanoli » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:47 am

Amber wrote:New changes have been introduced under Appendix FM today in relation to the 10 year route to settlement under Family Life provisions. The changes were introduced from 28 July 2014 under the 2014 Immigration Act.

I've created this sticky which I'll update at some point to outline the changes.
Hello Amber
What changes has been made..any good news...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 am

Unlikely positive, it relates to an English and Maintenance requirement for the 10 year route and provisions for 'foreign criminals' from yesterday, see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 19/enacted
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Amber wrote:Unlikely positive, it relates to an English and Maintenance requirement for the 10 year route and provisions for 'foreign criminals' from yesterday, see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 19/enacted

Is there any changes in Appendix FM

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Indeed, for the family life route see https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:57 am

Amber wrote:Unlikely positive, it relates to an English and Maintenance requirement for the 10 year route and provisions for 'foreign criminals' from yesterday, see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 19/enacted
I am not sure there the English and Maintenance Requirement applies to the 10 Years route, as EX1 is in play, or am i missing something.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:58 am

Well the legislation seems to differ:
117BArticle 8: public interest considerations applicable in all cases

(2)It is in the public interest, and in particular in the interests of the economic well-being of the United Kingdom, that persons who seek to enter or remain in the United Kingdom are able to speak English, because persons who can speak English—
(a)are less of a burden on taxpayers, and
(b)are better able to integrate into society.
(3)It is in the public interest, and in particular in the interests of the economic well-being of the United Kingdom, that persons who seek to enter or remain in the United Kingdom are financially independent, because such persons—
(a)are not a burden on taxpayers, and
(b)are better able to integrate into society..
This indicates both adequate maintenance and A1 English.

This appears to suggest that where the courts are considering Article 8 of the Convention, for example, a 10 year route to settlement, they must consider adequate maintenance and English, having both should strengthen the case.