ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stopping benefits and need Advice Regarding Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jakfzs77

Stopping benefits and need Advice Regarding Spouse visa

Post by jakfzs77 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:33 am

Dear All,

I am really confused regarding claiming benefits ?

Back ground

I am British Citizen and working as self employed since last One year and 3 months.My earning were only £8500 for the year (12-13). So I had to apply for working tax credits and Housing benefits.

I got married 3 month ago and wanted to apply for my spouse visa so I have stopped my both benefits in first week of july 14.But wonder I been told that If I send my wife case now HO will reject it coz I am claiming benefits.

Really dont know what to do , I been told I have to wait for 6 month so if that true I cont apply for my spouse visa till Jan 2015. is that right?

Please help

Thanks

Kind Regards
Jak

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Stopping benefits and need Advice Regarding Spouse visa

Post by MPH80 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 am

If you were self employed for a year and your last financial year's earnings were only 8500 - then you have a bigger problem than the benefits.

The financial threshold for a spouse visa is 18,600 a year. If you're earning under that (and it's complex for a self employed person) - then your spouse will be refused on that point alone.

M.

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:08 am

Dear M, Thanks for coming back to me, My year 13-14 earning is quite high wch give me around 19000 net profit so I think I will be fine on £18600 thrush hold .My question is does my clamming benefits till July 14 had impact on my wife case? Please advise me on tht ...many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:46 am

Insofar as they were legitimately claimed, no it won't.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 am

Dear Amber, Just to clarify that my claim still July 2014 will effect my wife case. She is out side UK application. Please also advise like my income is going to high for year 2013-14. So like I told working tax credit people to stop my claim and they asking for my income for this year.They will not ask for all claim back! Thanks

jakfzs77

Changing Self employment coz of ban

Post by jakfzs77 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Dear

I am writing to you to know what other self employment I can do. I just got ban for plying hire as taxi driver.

I am applying for my wife case out of UK and few days back got bad new.

Can you please advice me what others self employment I can do?

Please help

thanks

Regards
Jak

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Banned for operating as a hackney cab without a licence?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:29 am

Dear,

Thanks for you reply

I have got ban for 4 months coz of ply for hire.

Paid fine in court £350 and I thought I will be fine because I plea guilty in court. But my Licence department send me letter saying that you plea guilty in court so we banning you for 4 months.

I am in process to apply for my wife spouse case out of the country. I am self employed does my ban have any impact on my wife visa.

I am worried about 2 main things?

1): My solicitor told me you should be in employment during you wife case not finalize so shall I tell HM Revenue them that I am not working as Private Hire and have started others job as self employed or shall keep my record as it is and keeping paying my NI Class 2 as self employed.

2):I also wonder does claiming working tax and housing benefits will effect my wife case.I am hearing different stories so really confused:

Back Ground

My income was £8056 for the year 12-13. So I was claiming HB AND Working Tax Benefits. I am applying for my wife case so i been told that I have to stop benefits so which I did in first week of July 14.I have informed Working Tax Team in first week of July 14 and they send me a letter saying I have to pay them back £395 for 13 weeks from (April 14-July14) and they also ask me to fill the renew working tax pack with my income for year 13-14.

I am just waiting the reply form Working tax people.I wonder my Income is around £20,000 net for 13-14. Wonder will they ask all working tax money back which I received from them still July. Or they only ask for £395 for the last 13 weeks.

I also stopped my housing benefits from July14.

I am really confused and really don't know what to do , 4 month ban with no other job and wife really too much for me.

If you dont mind please advise ? I shall be very thankful to you.

Thanks

Regarding
Jak

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:04 am

I assume you're not self-employed. Your conviction shouldn't be relevant. You claiming benefits you're entitled to should be ok, but you cannot include them as income.

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:42 am

dear, I m self employed and doing taxi as private hire.I also paying NI class 2 and got UTR number as self employment . Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Then you need to look at the last tax year or the last 2 tax years.

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Dear Amber,

Thanks again for coming back to me.

I am going to file my tax return for year 13-14 and my accountant told me that my net income for year 13-14 is around £ 20k.

My last year tax return were £ 8057.00

Shall I be fine with my tax return for the year 2013-14 regarding my spouse visa.

Jak

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Yes, you ought to be, a cat F application.

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Dear

Thanks you so much for you help

thanks again
jak