ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP expiring, HSMP Applied

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raiees

WP expiring, HSMP Applied

Post by Raiees » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi All,
My fiancee has applied for HSMP and her work permit is expiring on 31st of August. I need to know after HSPM approval, she applies for FLR if she does not get her FLR till expiry date of her visa (WP), would she be legal in UK while her passport is submitted for FLR.
Thanks in Advance
Raiees

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:01 pm

Yes she can stay until she gets her FLR. The FLR has to filed before or on 31st August after that its HO's responsibility to do the further processing.

Raiees

Post by Raiees » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:22 pm

Thank you very much Sham for the information
Raiees

Raiees

Post by Raiees » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:23 pm

Hi All,
Still she did not hear from Workoffice for her HSMP application, when she called and ask if she gets approval in last week of Aug so how she will apply for FLR, and the counseller responsed then it would be special case and you can apply for FLR without HSMP approval letter.
is there any rule of like this.
anybody can confirm it, is it possobile to apply for FLR when you are waiting for approval.
Thanks

fairlady231
Newly Registered

Post by fairlady231 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:20 pm

I dont think you can apply for FLR while wating for your approval. what u should have done was to apply for the two together but HO said they will not refund the money for FLR if ur HSMP was refused.
Why cant u try and extend ur work permit while still waiting for ur HSMP approval....i dont know if this help

Raiees

Post by Raiees » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:43 pm

Thanks for reply..
I did not know that we could apply togather HSMP and FLR.
Her contract is over so cannot apply for work permit extension.
is there any rule of grace period of 28 days for work permit. I heard it but not sure.
Can anybody varify?

Thanks

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:26 am

when did she apply for HSMP? is it over 5 weeks? Have you received a reference number? If yes then you can go ahead and apply for FLR quoting that. However, you would lose your money if the HSMP is not approved. I would wait for the decision to come through till 3-4 days are left for the expiry.

Raiees

Post by Raiees » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:07 am

roy_rajat wrote:when did she apply for HSMP? is it over 5 weeks? Have you received a reference number? If yes then you can go ahead and apply for FLR quoting that. However, you would lose your money if the HSMP is not approved. I would wait for the decision to come through till 3-4 days are left for the expiry.
Hi Rajat,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, she applied on 25th July and visa is expiring on 31st Aug and she has received the reference no. on the phone and the lady of the homeoffice told right now nobody is seeing her application then we sent a urgent form mentioning about visa status. Then we would wait till 25th of august if we dont get approval before that.
Thanks Again

v1949v
Newly Registered

wp expiring hsmp applied

Post by v1949v » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:44 pm

hi
i have the same problem
i have applied for hsmp and got alotted a caseworker on 25july
but till now they ate 'waiting for decision'
i need to leave for india on 15th august
can i ask hsmp to deliver my letter to india or to my friends place in uk or will there be a signing issue
anybody who has already recieved the letter pls tell if the signature is required on delivery
pls help

Raiees

Post by Raiees » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Hi,
For HSMP Apprival letter we dont need to sign the delivery as I have recieved the mail in the same fashion. It would be ok if you receive the mail in your current address and you friend sends it to your India address.