ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allwell46
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 pm

I had spoken with case worker, and then spoke with senior case worker, and then requested to speak chief immigration officer but he refused to speak and said the decision stands same.

Contact immigration solicitor to seek professional advice. It really seems that they have got it wrong.

Was it the caseworker or you asked to speak to someone senior?[/quote]

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Dear shahjee123

Thank you for your kind word,
Can someone please advise me can I go for administrative review or should I just write to Chief Immigration officer to reconsider the decision.

Your help is greatly appreciated
shahjee1234 wrote:
allwell46 wrote:Dear respected Shahjee, amber, casa, and other members

Please I need your help here
I had premium service appointment at solihill Birmingham for my wife's ILR on set (M). But unfortunately her ILR is been refused on the basis of 287 (d) of immigration rules.

A bit history of case is as follows.
I had applied for ILR on long residency basis in Feb 2014 and were granted in July 2014, I had applied for my wife's FLR M on 03 April 2014 before the new rules came into effect on 06 Apr 2014. As soon as I was granted ILR they granted FLR M visa of 2 years to my wife in July 2014.

Now they are saying that my wife has not completed a period of 2 years as a spouse of a person who is present and settled in UK so refused her ILR. I had explained them that she was granted FLR M of 2 years not two and half as she was protected under transitional arrangements of part 8 of immigration rules. So now as per immigration rules her time spent as PBS dependant and Time spent as FLR M can be combined which makes her eligible to granted ILR. But they did not listen anything and refused the visa.

Their cruality does not stop here, they even changed her 2 years FLR M to 2 and half years and kept the BRB and will send a new one in post. meaning they have put things up as per new rules of 5 years FLR (2.5 + 2.5) under appendix FM.

This is sadest day of my life, I am so sad so as my whole family, I was thinking to sueside but wont do it as its Haram, I will not do it, But I will fight for our rights.
Could you please put me in right directions

Kind regards

allwell46,
I am really sorry to hear this bad news, I am utterly disgusted with what the incompetent staff at the PEO have done to your case. This is like taking a personal revenge of some sort. Frankly I am not very sure what can be done, except to challenge the legality of the decision in a Judicial review at the High Court. Although it is going to cost a lot but at least you will have the hope to get some positive result. Another thing that you could do is to write to them again for an administrative review, not sure if you can do that in country or not, other seniors and gurus please your feedback on the issue is urgently needed.
It is tough times my brother but please stay focused and make sure don't let them get away with it. May Allah help you in this crucial times. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

ashoknairs
Newly Registered

Post by ashoknairs » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:44 pm

My time line .
Application sent : 24 March 2014
Acknowledgement received : 03 April 2014
Biometric Letter received : 01/05/2014
Biometric Done : 05/05/2014
Decision : Awaiting.....

Called Home Office today. Lady told the application is under consideration and do not know how long the wait will be.. Can any member share their experience on roughly how long the wait will be looking at my time line ????

Regards,
Ash

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Thank you Shahjee n belated Eid Mubarak :) its really surprising that v were there at the same time haha if I had known then it would have been an honour to meet such a helpful person like urself n also meet ur family. We were sitting to the right side of the cafe. Mostly solicitors were there n few asians. My hubby commented that most desis are sitting on the otherside,maybe u were there as well :)
Many congratulations n well done that u got the settlement for ur wife according to old rule, atleast some of us got lucky mA. I was so busy regarding my hubby ILR n never bothered to check any other posts on this forum. I won't be able to forgive myself for that.
Anyways, I had asked about settlement from the person who returned my documents. He said he has no idea n that I should go ask at counter 4 customer services. U must have noticed her too. She told me come back in 2years.
My letter says 60months including PBS leave is required for settlement. My BRP is for 2.5years :(
Good idea to have a timeline or something for FLR M.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:39 pm

joanie wrote:Hi Shahjee,
Congratulations on your and yours mrs and kids ILR. You are being so helpful in this forum that I also wanted to ask you a question. I understand through your posts that you had asked the home office to put hold of your wife's decision while your ILR decision was pending. In a section while filing flr m it asks when our partner got the ILR. I was wondering what should we write there or leave it blank? Plus did you inform the HO for your wifes FLRM after you got a decision?
Regards Joanie
Hi joanie,
Many thanks for the kind words, it's prayers and best wishes of members like you that I have been able to sort things out, I couldn't thank enough all the members and the help that I received.
Regards to your question, I could tell you what I did, I left it blank and mentioned it in the covering letter that I am leaving it blank for the reason that the main sponsor SET(LR) is still pending, and that I will provide the details once the SET(LR) is issued to the main sponsor.
Home Office also ask to provide photocopies of all the pages of the present passport of the main sponsor, which in my Mrs case we couldn't provide as I already send my SET(LR) application, hence I also mentioned that in the covering letter.
Once I received my ILR on the 13th of June, and as I was about to prepare another letter and send them the above mentioned information, that we received my wife and daughters FLR(M) on the 16th of June just in 3-4 days, so I didn't send them any further communication, looks like they already clubbed both the applications and as soon as my one was decided they decided on the FLR(M) for my Mrs and daughters and send it through.
I hope it helps mate. All the best with your future applications .
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:01 pm

aurnoc wrote:Thank you Shahjee n belated Eid Mubarak :) its really surprising that v were there at the same time haha if I had known then it would have been an honour to meet such a helpful person like urself n also meet ur family. We were sitting to the right side of the cafe. Mostly solicitors were there n few asians. My hubby commented that most desis are sitting on the otherside,maybe u were there as well :)
Many congratulations n well done that u got the settlement for ur wife according to old rule, atleast some of us got lucky mA. I was so busy regarding my hubby ILR n never bothered to check any other posts on this forum. I won't be able to forgive myself for that.
Anyways, I had asked about settlement from the person who returned my documents. He said he has no idea n that I should go ask at counter 4 customer services. U must have noticed her too. She told me come back in 2years.
My letter says 60months including PBS leave is required for settlement. My BRP is for 2.5years :(
Good idea to have a timeline or something for FLR M.
Hi Aurnoc,
It's a small world isn't it, we were sitting on the right of the cafe as well, as my daughters were busy colouring and painting out the only freebie that the Home Office put out for kids :lol: and me and my Mrs getting bored sitting right in front of the photo booth :D
You are absolutely right I noticed them solicitors or shell I say case workers, trying to throw their weight around, frankly couldn't tolerate them :evil:
The pleasure would have been mine, and I could have offered you guys a nice cup of coffee, if we would have met :D
Never mind the good thing is both of us got what we came for, and it is always a brilliant feeling.
I hope that you will be able to sort your ILR soon, my prayers and best wishes.
Kind regards
Shahjee

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm

joanie wrote:
c4551m wrote:Hi Everyone and Eid Mubarak..
Alhamdullilah , received my documents at my solicitor that ILR granted, Double Happiness Eid and Approval. Will share my whole story later. Thanks to all who supported in this forum specially Amber :)
Hi C4551m
Congratulation on your ILR. I was waiting for your whole story but I couldn't wait anymore. I wanted to ask you some questions. Hope you will help me getting the answers. how many days were you short for 10 years? Did you vary your application after actually completing 10 years or 28 days before? Also Did you vary your application aftet submitying biometrics? I am also short of 35 days for completing 10 years. Stressed out here.
Thank you. Joanie
HI everyone, received my Brp today dated 24/07/2014
Background of my successful case
# Student visa from Feb 2004 - Feb 2014 ( Entered UK 30/03/2004)( Last Visa valid till 27/02/2014)
# 1 Refusal in between
# I was short of 33 days , so if minus 28 days it was 4 days
# initially applied FLRO ( fee 578 ) on 24/02/14 and varied application to SEt LR on 03/03/14.( posted cheque of 473 as fee difference )
# HO sent biometrics on 07/03/14 ( its didn't state was it for FLRO or SET LR )
# biometrics done on 24/03/14
# HO returned my passports and documents stating that your FLRO application in voided and SET LR in consideration and sent the fee difference back so I had to post the new cheque of 578 again this was done on 28/03/14. This fee difference was cashed on 21/05/14 after 2 months.
# I had 1 motoring Offence which I declared and sent DVLA letter as well
# days outside uk totalling 342, none over 180 days.
# Done LiUK test and Ielts
# only 1 biometrics done.
# Supporting documents includes Proof of address ( Bank statement, Gp Letter, Phone Bills, etc...)
# Had dependent so showed letters on both names.

Thanks
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:24 am

migrant80 wrote:Hi all
Received a letter from caseworker asking a certificate to show English language qualification but as my set lr application is a variation I have already submitted my masters degree from uk university with my tier1 ent application and was awarded points for that already .
I am writing a letter to explain this to caseworker.
Is there anyone who faced the same situation ? PLease guide me in this matter
Kind regards
I also varied my entrprenuer app but have not received any such letter ..some of these case workers are so stupid and naive so it would be better if you would have sent a letter explaining everything when you made the ILR application but dont need to worry..send them letter but also ring them so that they could process it quickly

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 am

Eid Mubarak to every one and double congratulations to those who got approvals in last couple of weeks. Enjoy your freedom.
Sorry for late. Was bit busy with family.

Got some confusion that shahjee1234 and allwell46 same case history but two different out comes.

I am in same boat thats why I asked about evidence in previous post.

Shahjee1234 what you suggest me history is as follows

10 years student
Set LT applied 5 march 14
Approved 2 july

For wife
came to uk as student dependent august 2007
FLR M applied 4 april 14 ( before 6 april change)
Requested for hold
Approved 17 july 14
2 years spouse visa granted

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:21 am

I have a question to ask everyone especially Shahgee who applied on Set (lr):

Did you guys photocopy every single thing you submitted including form?
N/A

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:01 am

Tier 4 wrote:I have a question to ask everyone especially Shahgee who applied on Set (lr):

Hi Tier 4,
For my SET(LR) I provided them with a set of photocopies of all the supporting documents that I was providing, I didn't photocopied the form though. Supporting documents including my degree from UK university, life in UK test result, and photocopies of all those pages where there are entry/ exit stamps, visas or any other vital detail on all my previous passports, and photocopy of my my biometric card. Some people provide bank statements and job details e.t.c, but frankly I didn't I just stick to the basic rule, the simpler the better :D
I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:35 am

msmussaf wrote:Eid Mubarak to every one and double congratulations to those who got approvals in last couple of weeks. Enjoy your freedom.
Sorry for late. Was bit busy with family.

Got some confusion that shahjee1234 and allwell46 same case history but two different out comes.

I am in same boat thats why I asked about evidence in previous post.

Shahjee1234 what you suggest me history is as follows

10 years student
Set LT applied 5 march 14
Approved 2 july

For wife
came to uk as student dependent august 2007
FLR M applied 4 april 14 ( before 6 april change)
Requested for hold
Approved 17 july 14
2 years spouse visa granted
Hi msmussaf,
Don't be discouraged by one wrong decision. It is really unfortunate that allwell46 case is completely ruined by an incompetent case worker, I seriously hope that he will be able to turn it round.
Looking at your case, it's looking good. When We got the FLR(M) for my Mrs and daughters, at that time I was also looking at the options of booking PEO appointment else where out side London, like Birmingham or Liverpool, but than I decided that I will take my time but will book at Croydon PEO as it is more central and busy, I had this perception that the staff there will be more trained and well aware of the rules than in other branches out side London. I might have been superstitious on this, but you could see that at Croydon PEO we had a smooth sailing no questions asked, proving that they know what they are doing. So my suggestions will be book for Croydon PEO for your Mrs SET(M), and just update the documents that you already attached with her FLR(M), means if you want to add any new bank statements on top, which has arrived and you are relying on them for her SET(M), otherwise stick to what you did for her FLR(M). That is exactly what I did, I attached the same documents, just updated the bank statements and payslips that I was providing, added a few more utility bills and good to go, as I said no questions asked. I hope it work the same way for you and further hope that you get the SET(M) sorted soon. Have you got any dates booked at the PEO for SET(M) ? Keep us posted mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:46 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:I have a question to ask everyone especially Shahgee who applied on Set (lr):

Hi Tier 4,
For my SET(LR) I provided them with a set of photocopies of all the supporting documents that I was providing, I didn't photocopied the form though. Supporting documents including my degree from UK university, life in UK test result, and photocopies of all those pages where there are entry/ exit stamps, visas or any other vital detail on all my previous passports, and photocopy of my my biometric card. Some people provide bank statements and job details e.t.c, but frankly I didn't I just stick to the basic rule, the simpler the better :D
I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Many thanks brother
N/A

migrant80

Post by migrant80 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:53 pm

modern_newton wrote:
migrant80 wrote:Hi all
Received a letter from caseworker asking a certificate to show English language qualification but as my set lr application is a variation I have already submitted my masters degree from uk university with my tier1 ent application and was awarded points for that already .
I am writing a letter to explain this to caseworker.
Is there anyone who faced the same situation ? PLease guide me in this matter
Kind regards
I also varied my entrprenuer app but have not received any such letter ..some of these case workers are so stupid and naive so it would be better if you would have sent a letter explaining everything when you made the ILR application but dont need to worry..send them letter but also ring them so that they could process it quickly

@mrs p thanks for your help
@modern_ newton yes i was sent them a covering letter with my set lr application explaining everything.
now i have sent a letter explaining again that all of my original documents are already with ukba.
also sent the photocopy of my master's degree transcripts but i dont have photocopy of my degree
plus also sent the decision letter of my tier 1 ent application although it was refused but it shows
that i have been awarded 10 points for english language.
i do hope that caseworker will understand the matter and will find out my degree from my file.

joanie

Post by joanie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:47 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
joanie wrote:Hi Shahjee,
Congratulations on your and yours mrs and kids ILR. You are being so helpful in this forum that I also wanted to ask you a question. I understand through your posts that you had asked the home office to put hold of your wife's decision while your ILR decision was pending. In a section while filing flr m it asks when our partner got the ILR. I was wondering what should we write there or leave it blank? Plus did you inform the HO for your wifes FLRM after you got a decision?
Regards Joanie
Hi joanie,
Many thanks for the kind words, it's prayers and best wishes of members like you that I have been able to sort things out, I couldn't thank enough all the members and the help that I received.
Regards to your question, I could tell you what I did, I left it blank and mentioned it in the covering letter that I am leaving it blank for the reason that the main sponsor SET(LR) is still pending, and that I will provide the details once the SET(LR) is issued to the main sponsor.
Home Office also ask to provide photocopies of all the pages of the present passport of the main sponsor, which in my Mrs case we couldn't provide as I already send my SET(LR) application, hence I also mentioned that in the covering letter.
Once I received my ILR on the 13th of June, and as I was about to prepare another letter and send them the above mentioned information, that we received my wife and daughters FLR(M) on the 16th of June just in 3-4 days, so I didn't send them any further communication, looks like they already clubbed both the applications and as soon as my one was decided they decided on the FLR(M) for my Mrs and daughters and send it through.
I hope it helps mate. All the best with your future applications .
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi shahjee
thanx for your reply. Can I ask you where were your childrens born?

joanie

Post by joanie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:56 pm

c4551m wrote:
joanie wrote:
c4551m wrote:Hi Everyone and Eid Mubarak..
Alhamdullilah , received my documents at my solicitor that ILR granted, Double Happiness Eid and Approval. Will share my whole story later. Thanks to all who supported in this forum specially Amber :)
Hi C4551m
Congratulation on your ILR. I was waiting for your whole story but I couldn't wait anymore. I wanted to ask you some questions. Hope you will help me getting the answers. how many days were you short for 10 years? Did you vary your application after actually completing 10 years or 28 days before? Also Did you vary your application aftet submitying biometrics? I am also short of 35 days for completing 10 years. Stressed out here.
Thank you. Joanie
HI everyone, received my Brp today dated 24/07/2014
Background of my successful case
# Student visa from Feb 2004 - Feb 2014 ( Entered UK 30/03/2004)( Last Visa valid till 27/02/2014)
# 1 Refusal in between
# I was short of 33 days , so if minus 28 days it was 4 days
# initially applied FLRO ( fee 578 ) on 24/02/14 and varied application to SEt LR on 03/03/14.( posted cheque of 473 as fee difference )
# HO sent biometrics on 07/03/14 ( its didn't state was it for FLRO or SET LR )
# biometrics done on 24/03/14
# HO returned my passports and documents stating that your FLRO application in voided and SET LR in consideration and sent the fee difference back so I had to post the new cheque of 578 again this was done on 28/03/14. This fee difference was cashed on 21/05/14 after 2 months.
# I had 1 motoring Offence which I declared and sent DVLA letter as well
# days outside uk totalling 342, none over 180 days.
# Done LiUK test and Ielts
# only 1 biometrics done.
# Supporting documents includes Proof of address ( Bank statement, Gp Letter, Phone Bills, etc...)
# Had dependent so showed letters on both names.

Thanks
Hi c4551m
thanks for your reply
I talked with a lawyer about applying a FLR o and varying into ILR like you did but he said that it would be system abuse as I have no chance on getting FLR O visa. Do you think its right? Can you tell me on what grou d did you put your FLR O? Plus I would like to talk with your lawyer. Can you plz pm me his office and fees you paid? It will be much appreciated. Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:03 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:.

Shahjee,
You been very helpful to everyone here. I have two questions. You mentioned above that 12 documents required for each individual to claim their cohabitation. Does medical history from different addresses for example. GP, hospital and other associated source would consider single documents or they all consider as individual document? . Also you told one of the thread above that anyone applying for FLR M after 6 April 2014 would have to spend 5 yrs to get ILR or is their any transition period for those who came prior to 9 July 2012. This is a contentious issue and there is already a long debate on this but still not concluded yet.

Many thanks
Hi Arsal385,
The answer to your first question is yes ideally they will be considered as one document, but let me tell you what I did for my wife FLR(M) and than just yesterday for her SET(M). I was in the exact same situation and didn't know what to do and how to make up the 12 documents or 6 documents in joint names, so what I did was to attach what ever I could find, like in medical records I added letters from GP, letters from Hospital and the medical registration cards from NHS. Than all the utility bills, gas, Electric, water, council tax. Than any other official letters like letters from HMRC, council letters regards to voter registration. Letters from the employer, pay slips, original driving licence with paper back, previous letters from the Home Office. And what I did was make then well presented marking what is what, and providing them with a set of the photocopies of all the documents, and frankly we didn't have no issues at all on both occasions. So attach what ever you can find, and trust me the more letters you have the better it will work on them, physiological effect :lol: , you know what I mean.
Answer to your second question is I am afraid the transitional arrangement for the July 2012 dependents are over, that could have been availed if the PBS dependents applied before 06th April 2014, hence the Home Office have trapped a lot of people in this rule change, as they knew that they will catch a lot of people off guard. The visas to PBS dependents before 06th of April were under para 284 and 287 of Immigration rules, but now they deal with them under Appendix FM, and in that you can't calculate time previously spend under PBS dependent status, actually the time starts again from the day they get their FLR(M) and the total time to qualify from there is 5 years.
I hope it helps mate. I wish you all the best.
Kind regard
Shahjee
Many thanks Shahjee,
May Allah gives you reward for helping others on this distress state, as HO is doing every effort to avoid people getting ILR. Apparently you are the only one who is helping each and everyone regularly on this forum. But it looks like soon you will be disappeared from this forum as your visa issues have almost sorted out.But I would suggest you to stay here and keep resolving others problems and keep getting their pray.
I am going to apply for ILR on 10 yrs basis in sept
My history is:
Oct 2004- Dec 2007 on Student visa
Jan 2008- Dec 2009 on IGS and PSW
Jan 2010 - Aug 2010 - 8 months on 3C and 3D as Tier 1 visa got rejected, appealed and subsequently granted.
Sept 2010- Sept 2013 Tier General
Sept 2013-2015 Tier 1 extension granted
Overall 380 days gap with no single period absence of more than 180 days.
Already passed LIUK and have UK masters degree.
Recently got my SAR and could not find any detrimental effect on my case with the exception of my visa refusal in 2010.

My question is do I need to apply through the solicitor because of previous visa refusal or can I apply on my own?

My appreciated again.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:.

Shahjee,
You been very helpful to everyone here. I have two questions. You mentioned above that 12 documents required for each individual to claim their cohabitation. Does medical history from different addresses for example. GP, hospital and other associated source would consider single documents or they all consider as individual document? . Also you told one of the thread above that anyone applying for FLR M after 6 April 2014 would have to spend 5 yrs to get ILR or is their any transition period for those who came prior to 9 July 2012. This is a contentious issue and there is already a long debate on this but still not concluded yet.

Many thanks
Hi Arsal385,
The answer to your first question is yes ideally they will be considered as one document, but let me tell you what I did for my wife FLR(M) and than just yesterday for her SET(M). I was in the exact same situation and didn't know what to do and how to make up the 12 documents or 6 documents in joint names, so what I did was to attach what ever I could find, like in medical records I added letters from GP, letters from Hospital and the medical registration cards from NHS. Than all the utility bills, gas, Electric, water, council tax. Than any other official letters like letters from HMRC, council letters regards to voter registration. Letters from the employer, pay slips, original driving licence with paper back, previous letters from the Home Office. And what I did was make then well presented marking what is what, and providing them with a set of the photocopies of all the documents, and frankly we didn't have no issues at all on both occasions. So attach what ever you can find, and trust me the more letters you have the better it will work on them, physiological effect :lol: , you know what I mean.
Answer to your second question is I am afraid the transitional arrangement for the July 2012 dependents are over, that could have been availed if the PBS dependents applied before 06th April 2014, hence the Home Office have trapped a lot of people in this rule change, as they knew that they will catch a lot of people off guard. The visas to PBS dependents before 06th of April were under para 284 and 287 of Immigration rules, but now they deal with them under Appendix FM, and in that you can't calculate time previously spend under PBS dependent status, actually the time starts again from the day they get their FLR(M) and the total time to qualify from there is 5 years.
I hope it helps mate. I wish you all the best.
Kind regard
Shahjee
Many thanks Shahjee,
May Allah gives you reward for helping others on this distress state, as HO is doing every effort to avoid people getting ILR. Apparently you are the only one who is helping each and everyone regularly on this forum. But it looks like soon you will be disappeared from this forum as your visa issues have almost sorted out.But I would suggest you to stay here and keep resolving others problems and keep getting their pray.
I am going to apply for ILR on 10 yrs basis in sept
My history is:
Oct 2004- Dec 2007 on Student visa
Jan 2008- Dec 2009 on IGS and PSW
Jan 2010 - Aug 2010 - 8 months on 3C and 3D as Tier 1 visa got rejected, appealed and subsequently granted.
Sept 2010- Sept 2013 Tier General
Sept 2013-2015 Tier 1 extension granted
Overall 380 days gap with no single period absence of more than 180 days.
Already passed LIUK and have UK masters degree.
Recently got my SAR and could not find any detrimental effect on my case with the exception of my visa refusal in 2010.

My question is do I need to apply through the solicitor because of previous visa refusal or can I apply on my own?

My appreciated again.
Hello,
Your application should be straightforward and simple.since in your SAR there is nothing to alarm you apart from the refusal which you subsequently appealed and later granted. You do not need any solicitor as they cannot really influence any decision made by UKVI. So my advice is..just apply your ILR all by yourself and with the help of very knowledgeable forum members who are ready to guide you through your application process.
I wish you good luck and snappy decision in your application. Hope this helps!
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:48 pm

Dear guys,
Very quick question to ask : my wife dependant visa expiring in april 2016 and i changed mine to ilr on long residence basis, so can i keep her visa untill expire or do i need to change. My ilr approved on 11 july 2014, please provide expert advise and if possible please give home office link. Thanks

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm

True Shahjee, our mission for that day was accomplished. Depression is kicking in with full force now for not knowing about the change of rules. Every single spouse in our social circle got ILR either through Tier1 route or by applying before february. I'm the only one left n getting pity looks comments is so upsetting :( even 2 years would be justified but 5years :(

To Tier4 : We sent photocopies of all docs with hubbys ILR form n all were returned.

Wish everyone best of luck. May we escape the wrath of UKVI asap InshaAllah

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:57 pm

boyb82 wrote:Dear guys,
Very quick question to ask : my wife dependant visa expiring in april 2016 and i changed mine to ilr on long residence basis, so can i keep her visa untill expire or do i need to change. My ilr approved on 11 july 2014, please provide expert advise and if possible please give home office link. Thanks
Hi

u need to change your wife visa to FLR(M) as soon as possible it's better for you as settlement time counts from FLR(M) .

you must change ur wife visa to FLR(M) before travelling abroad but it's better change as soon as possible.Rules for dependent of ILR on long residence changed from 06/04/14.

Regards

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 pm

With the new rules, u should apply for her flr quickly as there are not any tough requirements except financial one. If you are not planning on travelling soon, then apply by post. UKVI takes decision within 2 months after applying.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm

NasirNNN wrote:
Hi

u need to change your wife visa to FLR(M) as soon as possible it's better for you as settlement time counts from FLR(M) .

you must change ur wife visa to FLR(M) before travelling abroad but it's better change as soon as possible.Rules for dependent of ILR on long residence changed from 06/04/14.

Regards

Thanks for quick reply

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm

aurnoc wrote:
With the new rules, u should apply for her flr quickly as there are not any tough requirements except financial one. If you are not planning on travelling soon, then apply by post. UKVI takes decision within 2 months after applying.

Thanks for quick reply actually i requested information from home office about B1 certificate and their approved list for flrm visa.
As they accept B1 from trinity college or approved trinity centre for flrm and ilr but dont accept same B1 from learning resource network for flrm but accept for ilr. Both centres are registered and approved by ofqual and both centres provide the same exam pattern and time for the exam. I hope i will get information as i made reQuest under FOI act, so let see and i will update on this forum . Also is there any email for general enquiries i can send my request to about above information. Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:17 pm

joanie wrote:
Hi shahjee
thanx for your reply. Can I ask you where were your childrens born?
Hi joanie, both my daughters were born back home in Pakistan.
Kind regards
Shahjee