ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Confusion - Visit visa/or what else?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liksah

EEA Confusion - Visit visa/or what else?

Post by liksah » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 am

I am an Indian national, married to a Portuguese citizen (we've been together 6 years and married for one and a half). We live in Chile.

Part 1:

Now, in September I need to visit the UK (we will be going there together) for some business development work for my company. I am formally employed by the company here on a resident permit but am also self sufficient/self employed. My Portuguese spouse is also self sufficient and self employed.

I'm not 100% sure of whether the EEA family permit applies. The truth of the matter is that if the business development work in London goes well, we will live there for at least a few months to get things going.

Does the EEA family permit apply ? (I think yes..?) Clearly I can't be doing this stuff in the UK on a tourist visa..

Part 2:

There are a *lot* of questions in the form asking about financial details, accommodation details, my spouse's financial details, any dependents we support, and so on.. Do I need to provide this info and proof of this stuff?

Really, what proof do I need to provide? I thought my passport, her passport, and our marriage certificate should be enough?

Other than that, I found that no appointment dates are available in Santiago. We'll be in Portugal on 3rd September (I'll be there on a tourist visa - Schengen). Can I apply for the EEA family permit in Portugal?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Confusion - Visit visa/or what else?

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:27 am

1. You can use the EEA Family Permit for any purpose. Settlement or short visit.
2. The form is from 2008 and has many irrelevant questions. You can ignore them (or write n/a).
3. You can apply for family permit from any UK diplomatic post. You don't need to be a resident in that country.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)